Ordered mine from Factory Outlet Store for $700. I hope I will receive it by Friday.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Headamp to use in-between Metrum Acoustics NOS Mini Octave and Sennheiser HD800 with a... Last post on 12/1/12 at 8:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Closed headphone alternative to HD 800 Last post on Today at 4:03 am in Headphones (full-size)
- best portable headphone-600$ Last post on 12/15/13 at 5:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Budget AMP worth to power Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? Last post on 12/16/13 at 10:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help! Budget AMP worth of Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? Last post on Yesterday at 6:41 am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
TEAC HA-501 Headphone Amp - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 5210/1/13 at 2:52am
Bump for interest with the HD800.
I wanted to get the 501, but couldn't resist a Lehmann BCL that was going for 500 USD used.
But i may be still tempted to get the 501 to see how it pairs with my HD800 and LCD2.2...the damping option looks very interesting indeed.post #48 of 5210/13/13 at 4:03pmHi guys,
I would like to know if a friend know teac ud501 fuses specifications ?
Because I intend to upgrade the stock fuses in it with hifi tuning supreme fuses as well.
Thanks and Best regards,
Edited by Stereo Hiend - 10/13/13 at 4:14pmpost #49 of 5210/20/13 at 2:07pm
I was looking for a new pair of headphones a couple of weeks ago and didn't immediately do a 'Google' and take account of all the dubious opinions available as many areas of the internet do not match the quality of discussion and considered opinion found here. (I have looked widely in the last fortnight!)
So it was a trip to the local, serious, quality, hifi shop, and the result was HD650, for SQ and comfort. I tried a wide range of amplifiers also as that may have been my next purchase in the hifi ladder, and none of them sounded bad with the 650s, and then revelation! The salesman said why not try the HA-501 it's a step up on most headphone amps, never mind built in headphone stages.
Awesome! A completely different quality, smooth but not veiled, so much detail that every track sounds better than ever before. I think the amp may still be getting better as it burns in as well, but I am enjoying it so much that I am far too tempted to just sit back and be immersed in the musicality rather than try to be critical of any early day failings.
Downside of all this: - I went out looking to spend no more than a few 100s and now have spent 1000 or so (adjust monetary values to fit your local currency , PS it's a factor of 10!!)) AND I am now unhappy with the amp and speakers in the listening room as they don't compare to the new headphones + HA-501 combo.
Looking around now to see what I should put on the list for speakers and amp when I send it to Santa Claus.
P.S. I just registered so I could send this and didn't really read all the info about taking care what I posted, so feel free to shoot me down if I got it all wrong. It seems like a good place though, so I may hang around a bit. :)post #50 of 5210/29/13 at 8:57pmpost #51 of 5211/27/13 at 7:48pmA follow up since I had possession of the HA-501 for several days around the time of the NY meet as it was loan to me by a local high end shop, American Audiophile in Lynbrook. I was very pleased with it's ability to pair well with the number of phones I tried it with. It made my Q701, Beyer DT880 250 ohm and Grado RS1 sound better than they have before. The damping adjustment is definitely a real tool here. Wish I had more time with it. The single most impressive result was what it did with my Grado SR225i which I feel is a superb phone and value for their $200 price range. The transformation with Teac was amazing, everything improved across the full spectrum, it took the 225i into a whole other level of performance.
Bottom line, I intend to get the HA-501 into my arsenal in the next few months if possible.
PS. The build quality is excellent as pretty much everyone else has said.
Edited by ESL-1 - 11/27/13 at 7:51pm
- TEAC HA-501 Headphone Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) 29 seconds ago
- › List of DACs that work with iPad 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › K701 appreciation thread! 6 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe