You can find the Yamaha A-S500 for about tree fiddy online.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- More info on B&W 685 S2 (vs KEF LS50) Last post on 12/9/14 at 2:52am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Home Audiophile Setup Advise Required Last post on 1/22/15 at 11:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- KEF LS50 Bookshelf Loudspeaker Review Last post on 7/16/14 at 10:48am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- IEMs similar in sound to MTP and MDR-10R? Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need on ear headphones for work. Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)
Last edited: 11/28/14
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50? - Page 6
"God Dammit Loch Ness Monster, I ain’t gonna give you no tree fiddy!"
Thanks for the suggestion. Amp looks like its highly regarded.
Marantz PM 5003 was also well-reviewed in Stereophile
Does anyone have ant experience with the Cambridge Audio Azur 351 series? I'm trying to get the very best integrated amp for under $600. I still think I should try to get a used NAD for that price.
I use a Marantz AVR to run my LS-50's - it's a very nice combination.
I usually use my LS-50's in my Home theater.
This morning I moved them up to the two-channel setup (and put my Quad 57's in the closet for now).
I'm pretty amazed at how good these are with a SOTA tt, Marantz SACD and a Heed amp.
I've been listening to music all day and can't stop. Everything sounds AMAZING. Best so far - the new Daft Punk on vinyl.
PS: I also own P3ESR's and really like them. The LS-50's are absolutely in the same league as the Harbeths and better in some ways.
Part of the reason this is so good is that it's a monitor. I can't imagine a tower version being anything but 'not as good'.
I did hear the '50th Anniversary edition' will be replaced at the end of the year with another version. I would think that would be cosmetic only but who knows.
Well, it's the enclosure and the drivers that are so good - if there's one area it's lacking it's that it's not as full range as larger monitors (or floorstanders for that matter) and doesn't pretend to try. When I get mine they'd be used in an home theatre set-up so the sub would take care of the bottom, but for 2 channel it wouldn't hurt to have a version that can dig deeper.
- Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50?
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 4 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 7 minutes ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 8 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Grado Extension 11 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2