You can find the Yamaha A-S500 for about tree fiddy online.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- More info on B&W 685 S2 (vs KEF LS50) Last post on 12/9/14 at 2:52am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Home Audiophile Setup Advise Required Last post on 1/22/15 at 11:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- KEF LS50 Bookshelf Loudspeaker Review Last post on 7/16/14 at 10:48am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- IEMs similar in sound to MTP and MDR-10R? Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need on ear headphones for work. Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)
Last edited: 7/1/15
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Forgive me in advance for this review won't be focused too much on the sound. From the little while that I was able to listen to these headphones, they sounded amazing. They had a neutral tone...
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50? - Page 6
"God Dammit Loch Ness Monster, I ain’t gonna give you no tree fiddy!"
Thanks for the suggestion. Amp looks like its highly regarded.
Marantz PM 5003 was also well-reviewed in Stereophile
Does anyone have ant experience with the Cambridge Audio Azur 351 series? I'm trying to get the very best integrated amp for under $600. I still think I should try to get a used NAD for that price.
I use a Marantz AVR to run my LS-50's - it's a very nice combination.
I usually use my LS-50's in my Home theater.
This morning I moved them up to the two-channel setup (and put my Quad 57's in the closet for now).
I'm pretty amazed at how good these are with a SOTA tt, Marantz SACD and a Heed amp.
I've been listening to music all day and can't stop. Everything sounds AMAZING. Best so far - the new Daft Punk on vinyl.
PS: I also own P3ESR's and really like them. The LS-50's are absolutely in the same league as the Harbeths and better in some ways.
Part of the reason this is so good is that it's a monitor. I can't imagine a tower version being anything but 'not as good'.
I did hear the '50th Anniversary edition' will be replaced at the end of the year with another version. I would think that would be cosmetic only but who knows.
Well, it's the enclosure and the drivers that are so good - if there's one area it's lacking it's that it's not as full range as larger monitors (or floorstanders for that matter) and doesn't pretend to try. When I get mine they'd be used in an home theatre set-up so the sub would take care of the bottom, but for 2 channel it wouldn't hurt to have a version that can dig deeper.
- Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50?
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 44 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 59 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3