You can find the Yamaha A-S500 for about tree fiddy online.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- More info on B&W 685 S2 (vs KEF LS50) Last post on 12/9/14 at 2:52am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Home Audiophile Setup Advise Required Last post on 1/22/15 at 11:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- KEF LS50 Bookshelf Loudspeaker Review Last post on 7/16/14 at 10:48am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- IEMs similar in sound to MTP and MDR-10R? Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need on ear headphones for work. Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)
Last edited: 7/1/15
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50? - Page 6
"God Dammit Loch Ness Monster, I ain’t gonna give you no tree fiddy!"
Thanks for the suggestion. Amp looks like its highly regarded.
Marantz PM 5003 was also well-reviewed in Stereophile
Does anyone have ant experience with the Cambridge Audio Azur 351 series? I'm trying to get the very best integrated amp for under $600. I still think I should try to get a used NAD for that price.
I use a Marantz AVR to run my LS-50's - it's a very nice combination.
I usually use my LS-50's in my Home theater.
This morning I moved them up to the two-channel setup (and put my Quad 57's in the closet for now).
I'm pretty amazed at how good these are with a SOTA tt, Marantz SACD and a Heed amp.
I've been listening to music all day and can't stop. Everything sounds AMAZING. Best so far - the new Daft Punk on vinyl.
PS: I also own P3ESR's and really like them. The LS-50's are absolutely in the same league as the Harbeths and better in some ways.
Part of the reason this is so good is that it's a monitor. I can't imagine a tower version being anything but 'not as good'.
I did hear the '50th Anniversary edition' will be replaced at the end of the year with another version. I would think that would be cosmetic only but who knows.
Well, it's the enclosure and the drivers that are so good - if there's one area it's lacking it's that it's not as full range as larger monitors (or floorstanders for that matter) and doesn't pretend to try. When I get mine they'd be used in an home theatre set-up so the sub would take care of the bottom, but for 2 channel it wouldn't hurt to have a version that can dig deeper.
- Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50?
- › Repair of the Fiio E17 portable DAC/Amp headphone jack 2 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone bought the cheap chinese replacement headbands/ear cups for... 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 7 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 9 minutes ago
- › Etymotic Research ER-4S Earphones + Tralucent Audio T1 Portable... 9 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2