You can find the Yamaha A-S500 for about tree fiddy online.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- More info on B&W 685 S2 (vs KEF LS50) Last post on 12/9/14 at 2:52am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Home Audiophile Setup Advise Required Last post on 1/22/15 at 11:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- KEF LS50 Bookshelf Loudspeaker Review Last post on 7/16/14 at 10:48am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- IEMs similar in sound to MTP and MDR-10R? Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need on ear headphones for work. Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)
Last edited: 11/28/14
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50? - Page 6
"God Dammit Loch Ness Monster, I ain’t gonna give you no tree fiddy!"
Thanks for the suggestion. Amp looks like its highly regarded.
Marantz PM 5003 was also well-reviewed in Stereophile
Does anyone have ant experience with the Cambridge Audio Azur 351 series? I'm trying to get the very best integrated amp for under $600. I still think I should try to get a used NAD for that price.
I use a Marantz AVR to run my LS-50's - it's a very nice combination.
I usually use my LS-50's in my Home theater.
This morning I moved them up to the two-channel setup (and put my Quad 57's in the closet for now).
I'm pretty amazed at how good these are with a SOTA tt, Marantz SACD and a Heed amp.
I've been listening to music all day and can't stop. Everything sounds AMAZING. Best so far - the new Daft Punk on vinyl.
PS: I also own P3ESR's and really like them. The LS-50's are absolutely in the same league as the Harbeths and better in some ways.
Part of the reason this is so good is that it's a monitor. I can't imagine a tower version being anything but 'not as good'.
I did hear the '50th Anniversary edition' will be replaced at the end of the year with another version. I would think that would be cosmetic only but who knows.
Well, it's the enclosure and the drivers that are so good - if there's one area it's lacking it's that it's not as full range as larger monitors (or floorstanders for that matter) and doesn't pretend to try. When I get mine they'd be used in an home theatre set-up so the sub would take care of the bottom, but for 2 channel it wouldn't hurt to have a version that can dig deeper.
- Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50?
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 42 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 45 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Almost new Lyr 2 for sale 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2