Exciting news (Audeze is rolling out a DSD combo unit!)! Thanks for the update. I'm still game to demo the X whenever they send it your way. Curious to hear how it stacks up with the latest GS-X amps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 8/14/14 at 9:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- My Headphone Amp Design!!! Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:29am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 64
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Justin, I'd like to suggest shipping any future Audeze headphones with the extended yoke rods. They make a huge difference in comfort for large headed people.
It's enough to move the headphones up from unwearable to just heavy.
I'm so down.
Just speculating here.
Of course if the XC sells also as a standalone, then I'm speculating over nothing.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/11/13 at 11:48pm
Just a quick review,
Rocking this HD700 on Daft Punk "Get Lucky-remix" Flac and White Zombie "More Human than Human" Alac ........ I don't know if this little too metallicky sound meaning a bit too bright or what.....need a little time to get accustomed to them, although bass is punchy with good attack. I am so confused with its metallic sound-tonality though, as I can hear micro-detail on cymbals with good attack.
A very comfortable headphone for sure. Putting them thru my antic Adcom preamp headphone jack, the middle range sounded more meaty-er.
Edited by Burju - 10/12/13 at 12:32am
I'd argue that in the grand scheme of things that open back is more niche than closed back. I think nearly all headphones should strive to be closed as long as the manufacturer gets it sounding as open and airy as...open headphones. I'm happy to see Audeze spending the time to work on the idea.
Edited by TMRaven - 10/12/13 at 7:43am
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/12/13 at 7:43am
You're talking about market percentage, I'm talking about actual realistic uses. Even in home environments, it's nice to have a closed back with greater isolation just in case someone else in the house is watching tv, you have the dishwasher running, you have kids running around, you have a dog, etc. Outside of the home environment, you can take your high end closed back and use it as a transportable if you work 8hour days in front of a computer in an office.
Open back's been the default for the purest audio quality because it's easier to control resonance that way, but I'm happy to see people like Mrspeakers and Audeze putting more R&D into the idea of closed high-end audio.
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Audeze LCD 2 Rev 2 headphone 42 seconds ago
- › Diy USb Cable With pure silver sound crackle, noise plz help 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade from the Shure SE215 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › 9/13/14 Lawrence, Kansas Headfi meeting Impression. 5 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)