Exciting news (Audeze is rolling out a DSD combo unit!)! Thanks for the update. I'm still game to demo the X whenever they send it your way. Curious to hear how it stacks up with the latest GS-X amps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 6/19/15 at 8:19am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 64
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Justin, I'd like to suggest shipping any future Audeze headphones with the extended yoke rods. They make a huge difference in comfort for large headed people.
It's enough to move the headphones up from unwearable to just heavy.
I'm so down.
Just speculating here.
Of course if the XC sells also as a standalone, then I'm speculating over nothing.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/11/13 at 11:48pm
Just a quick review,
Rocking this HD700 on Daft Punk "Get Lucky-remix" Flac and White Zombie "More Human than Human" Alac ........ I don't know if this little too metallicky sound meaning a bit too bright or what.....need a little time to get accustomed to them, although bass is punchy with good attack. I am so confused with its metallic sound-tonality though, as I can hear micro-detail on cymbals with good attack.
A very comfortable headphone for sure. Putting them thru my antic Adcom preamp headphone jack, the middle range sounded more meaty-er.
Edited by Burju - 10/12/13 at 12:32am
I'd argue that in the grand scheme of things that open back is more niche than closed back. I think nearly all headphones should strive to be closed as long as the manufacturer gets it sounding as open and airy as...open headphones. I'm happy to see Audeze spending the time to work on the idea.
Edited by TMRaven - 10/12/13 at 7:43am
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/12/13 at 7:43am
You're talking about market percentage, I'm talking about actual realistic uses. Even in home environments, it's nice to have a closed back with greater isolation just in case someone else in the house is watching tv, you have the dishwasher running, you have kids running around, you have a dog, etc. Outside of the home environment, you can take your high end closed back and use it as a transportable if you work 8hour days in front of a computer in an office.
Open back's been the default for the purest audio quality because it's easier to control resonance that way, but I'm happy to see people like Mrspeakers and Audeze putting more R&D into the idea of closed high-end audio.
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even... 16 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse plus LPS 28 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Melodious XM-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni Pre-Order Sale and Head-Fi Impressions Tour Sign Up 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 6 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)