Exciting news (Audeze is rolling out a DSD combo unit!)! Thanks for the update. I'm still game to demo the X whenever they send it your way. Curious to hear how it stacks up with the latest GS-X amps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 8/14/14 at 9:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- My Headphone Amp Design!!! Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:29am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 64
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Justin, I'd like to suggest shipping any future Audeze headphones with the extended yoke rods. They make a huge difference in comfort for large headed people.
It's enough to move the headphones up from unwearable to just heavy.
I'm so down.
Just speculating here.
Of course if the XC sells also as a standalone, then I'm speculating over nothing.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/11/13 at 11:48pm
Just a quick review,
Rocking this HD700 on Daft Punk "Get Lucky-remix" Flac and White Zombie "More Human than Human" Alac ........ I don't know if this little too metallicky sound meaning a bit too bright or what.....need a little time to get accustomed to them, although bass is punchy with good attack. I am so confused with its metallic sound-tonality though, as I can hear micro-detail on cymbals with good attack.
A very comfortable headphone for sure. Putting them thru my antic Adcom preamp headphone jack, the middle range sounded more meaty-er.
Edited by Burju - 10/12/13 at 12:32am
I'd argue that in the grand scheme of things that open back is more niche than closed back. I think nearly all headphones should strive to be closed as long as the manufacturer gets it sounding as open and airy as...open headphones. I'm happy to see Audeze spending the time to work on the idea.
Edited by TMRaven - 10/12/13 at 7:43am
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/12/13 at 7:43am
You're talking about market percentage, I'm talking about actual realistic uses. Even in home environments, it's nice to have a closed back with greater isolation just in case someone else in the house is watching tv, you have the dishwasher running, you have kids running around, you have a dog, etc. Outside of the home environment, you can take your high end closed back and use it as a transportable if you work 8hour days in front of a computer in an office.
Open back's been the default for the purest audio quality because it's easier to control resonance that way, but I'm happy to see people like Mrspeakers and Audeze putting more R&D into the idea of closed high-end audio.
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 47 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Ibasso Oriolus Hybrid iem 2 minutes ago
- › Help pls........ 3 minutes ago
- › FLAC Player for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 6 minutes ago
- › Headphonews for $100 + sound card? - listening Linkin Park,... 6 minutes ago
- › Best Mac Audio Player? 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)