Exciting news (Audeze is rolling out a DSD combo unit!)! Thanks for the update. I'm still game to demo the X whenever they send it your way. Curious to hear how it stacks up with the latest GS-X amps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 4/15/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- My Headphone Amp Design!!! Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:29am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 64
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Justin, I'd like to suggest shipping any future Audeze headphones with the extended yoke rods. They make a huge difference in comfort for large headed people.
It's enough to move the headphones up from unwearable to just heavy.
I'm so down.
Just speculating here.
Of course if the XC sells also as a standalone, then I'm speculating over nothing.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/11/13 at 11:48pm
Just a quick review,
Rocking this HD700 on Daft Punk "Get Lucky-remix" Flac and White Zombie "More Human than Human" Alac ........ I don't know if this little too metallicky sound meaning a bit too bright or what.....need a little time to get accustomed to them, although bass is punchy with good attack. I am so confused with its metallic sound-tonality though, as I can hear micro-detail on cymbals with good attack.
A very comfortable headphone for sure. Putting them thru my antic Adcom preamp headphone jack, the middle range sounded more meaty-er.
Edited by Burju - 10/12/13 at 12:32am
I'd argue that in the grand scheme of things that open back is more niche than closed back. I think nearly all headphones should strive to be closed as long as the manufacturer gets it sounding as open and airy as...open headphones. I'm happy to see Audeze spending the time to work on the idea.
Edited by TMRaven - 10/12/13 at 7:43am
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/12/13 at 7:43am
You're talking about market percentage, I'm talking about actual realistic uses. Even in home environments, it's nice to have a closed back with greater isolation just in case someone else in the house is watching tv, you have the dishwasher running, you have kids running around, you have a dog, etc. Outside of the home environment, you can take your high end closed back and use it as a transportable if you work 8hour days in front of a computer in an office.
Open back's been the default for the purest audio quality because it's easier to control resonance that way, but I'm happy to see people like Mrspeakers and Audeze putting more R&D into the idea of closed high-end audio.
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 34 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 58 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 1 minute ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 or X1 headphone decision help 4 minutes ago
- › does the foam mod on hd 558 make a difference 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)