or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 38

post #556 of 1464

I'm the next guy on the list. Feels bad man. I suppose they'll tell you when you've oughta send it to me, along with my info.

post #557 of 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

Nice! beerchug.gif

On its way mate, enjoy. beerchug.gif
post #558 of 1464
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post


Maybe sounds promising

 

audio-technica unlikely to happen.  dealer price on the ATH-M50 (not including shipping costs) seems to be higher than Amazon's everyone price.  no thx!

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #559 of 1464

Still hoping for another demo. frown.gif

post #560 of 1464

wow $100 new and $80 used. crazy. #5 in headphones, #1 in studio environment, #12 in mp3 accessories. 

I suppose this is a good thing for our hobby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

 

audio-technica unlikely to happen.  dealer price on the ATH-M50 (not including shipping costs) seems to be higher than Amazon's everyone price.  no thx!

post #561 of 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Person View Post

I'm the next guy on the list. Feels bad man. I suppose they'll tell you when you've oughta send it to me, along with my info.

Boxed up and ready to go out tomorrow. Couldn't get to the PO today because of work but tomorrow will be no problem.  Hopefully you'll get them quick.  

post #562 of 1464
Thanks. I hope so too, naturally.
post #563 of 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post


Maybe sounds promising

 

audio-technica unlikely to happen.  dealer price on the ATH-M50 (not including shipping costs) seems to be higher than Amazon's everyone price.  no thx!

 

Also doesn't help when they sell them used like new for $82. 

post #564 of 1464
Thread Starter 

what

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #565 of 1464

It's been a while since the LCD2 demo but I wanted to mention I went ahead and ordered some Vegan Rosewood LCD2's from Justin. Was initially apprehensive of spending so much on a pair of headphones but I realized that a bunch of things at lower cost probably wouldn't satisfy me as much as one really good headphone.

 

Just a heads up, Audeze increased the price of the Rosewood (i guess the cost of that wood went up) to 1165 but Justin is selling it a bit cheaper at 1095. With free next day shipping included, I really hope anyone considering will make sure to buy from Headamp and recommend them to their friends.

 

Justin's been really responsive with the status since he had to order some from Audeze cause he was out of stock. 

If he weren't so nice I probably wouldn't have even posted here.

 

So everyone go blow their money so I'm not the only one here feeling poor right now.

post #566 of 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfungus View Post

It's been a while since the LCD2 demo but I wanted to mention I went ahead and ordered some Vegan Rosewood LCD2's from Justin. Was initially apprehensive of spending so much on a pair of headphones but I realized that a bunch of things at lower cost probably wouldn't satisfy me as much as one really good headphone.

 

Just a heads up, Audeze increased the price of the Rosewood (i guess the cost of that wood went up) to 1165 but Justin is selling it a bit cheaper at 1095. With free next day shipping included, I really hope anyone considering will make sure to buy from Headamp and recommend them to their friends.

 

Justin's been really responsive with the status since he had to order some from Audeze cause he was out of stock. 

If he weren't so nice I probably wouldn't have even posted here.

 

So everyone go blow their money so I'm not the only one here feeling poor right now.

 

Oh don't you worry sir you are not alone in this. I too have purchased some LCD Rosewoods from Justin so you are not the only broke person here!! What's making matters worse is that now I feel the need to get the right amp to go with them so now I'm selling must of my stuff so I can afford the right set up.

 

Fantastic!! 

 

I'm looking for something that can power these to great potential but won't break the bank. Gotta be $500 and under, any suggestions?

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

evil_smiley.gif

post #567 of 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

 

Oh don't you worry sir you are not alone in this. I too have purchased some LCD Rosewoods from Justin so you are not the only broke person here!! What's making matters worse is that now I feel the need to get the right amp to go with them so now I'm selling must of my stuff so I can afford the right set up.

 

Fantastic!! 

 

I'm looking for something that can power these to great potential but won't break the bank. Gotta be $500 and under, any suggestions?

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

evil_smiley.gif

 

I got my Lake People G109-S for about $450. From what I've read, you want your amp to be putting out at least 1W to get the most out of planars (not counting the HE-6 which is ridiculously hard to drive). The G109 would put out 2W into the LCD2's 60 ohm load. Personally I went with the G109 because I wanted tons of power while also getting a good deal since all of my main cans are high impedance and I plan on getting some planars. I feel like the G109 satisfies my needs very well and I can highly recommend it. Take a look at the link in my signature for more info and how to order directly from Lake People. Mine arrived from Germany within 48hrs! Good luck.

 

Oh and the Stax demo arrives today. I will post some pics a bit later and eventually some impressions of it compared to my HD600 and DT880.


Edited by devhen - 5/9/13 at 1:12pm
post #568 of 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

 

Oh don't you worry sir you are not alone in this. I too have purchased some LCD Rosewoods from Justin so you are not the only broke person here!! What's making matters worse is that now I feel the need to get the right amp to go with them so now I'm selling must of my stuff so I can afford the right set up.

 

Fantastic!! 

 

I'm looking for something that can power these to great potential but won't break the bank. Gotta be $500 and under, any suggestions?

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

evil_smiley.gif

 

looks like justin's demo program is working just as planned...

 

i won't be any help, i purchased the mjolnir off the used forum. as much as i didn't want to put so much money into all this junk i figure may as well do it right if its something i'll listen to hours almost daily. if you can stretch to $600 i hear people being happy with the soloist sl but i personally don't care for the laid back/slightly boring sig of it (only have heard soloist on my akg702-65 not the lcd2), though it is easy to listen to for hours.

 

otherwise i'd personally stalk the used forums for one of the much discussed amps in the lcd2 amp recommendations thread, im sure theres some sub $500 amp in that thread that many like.


Edited by smellyfungus - 5/9/13 at 4:09pm
post #569 of 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfungus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

 

Oh don't you worry sir you are not alone in this. I too have purchased some LCD Rosewoods from Justin so you are not the only broke person here!! What's making matters worse is that now I feel the need to get the right amp to go with them so now I'm selling must of my stuff so I can afford the right set up.

 

Fantastic!! 

 

I'm looking for something that can power these to great potential but won't break the bank. Gotta be $500 and under, any suggestions?

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

evil_smiley.gif

 

looks like justin's demo program is working just as planned...

 

i won't be any help, i purchased the mjolnir off the used forum. as much as i didn't want to put so much money into all this junk i figure may as well do it right if its something i'll listen to hours almost daily. if you can stretch to $600 i hear people being happy with the soloist sl but i personally don't care for the laid back/slightly boring sig of it (only have heard soloist on my akg702-65 not the lcd2), though it is easy to listen to for hours.

 

otherwise i'd personally stalk the used forums for one of the much discussed amps in the lcd2 amp recommendations thread, im sure theres some sub $500 amp in that thread that many like.

 

I hear ya, now I have two headphones and two amps up for sale on the classifieds to try and fund this crap... Driving me nuts!! But its a good nuts I guess biggrin.gif

 

I've been trolling around and still haven't come up with the right mix yet. I did buy the EF5 and so far it's good but the by its self without a proper DAC I feel like I have to crank the volume to 75-80% to get it to cook. Now funny enough with my HD650's that thing is money!! Almost makes them sound as good as the LCD's (almost but not quite) but I didn't buy that for them so that'll be going back early next week. I'll keep hunting and hopefully something will pop up. 

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

evil_smiley.gif

post #570 of 1464

I received the HE-400s. Haven't tried them yet, though.

EDIT 1:Listened to King Crimson's Starless. I shed a tear. Although, the mids are a little less than spectacular.

EDIT 2: Out of curiosity, will these demo sets be put for sale at a discounted price after this is over?


Edited by That Person - 5/11/13 at 12:51pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560