Soooo excited to be on the 'pending' list to demo the HE-400!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 1/17/15 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
It seems petty to complain about a $100 hi-res/high capacity player, but I'll give it whirl. It might help to understand that I've been using iPods and iTunes since Apple came out with the...
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 14
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
How will weekends be handled? I get absolutely no chance to listen to music on the weekends, so if by chance the HE-500's reach me on a Friday, I'll get no time in before I send them on out.
This doesn't answer the question in general, but the way the timeframes look right now, you'll probably get them fairly early in the week.
I have also read that is a common complaint in eco mode. the general answer is to avoid eco mode. kind of lame.
update - the Audeze order shipped today. they will be here next week and then those demo units will go out
Also, Hifiman HE-500 is now with person #4. it will ship to #5 (hifihead) on saturday or monday
ohhhh exciting can't wait to see where I'm on the list. probably last since I'm west coast =/
I hope that doesn't hurt the order I'm on the west coast too!! Very excited to see if I made the list or not
the cable broke. i do have an extra cable. i believe he is sending them back to me and then i will send to the next person.
The FiiO E17 thread has a lot of info on this. I believe many said they are using their E17 to drive those. E17 is much more powerful than E7 and E9 is much more powrful than E17.
I have the E17 powering my HE-400's right now and it has zero problem pushing them. I totally underestimated the e17 from the word go and had zero intention of keeping it but man I was totally shocked at the total package. It's really good and had plenty of power plus the SPDIF input works great and gives it that added kick. It's a great buy IMO and will power anything you throw at it. Even the HE-6. There are some others out there that will push them better and have better detail but for 3 times the money so I don't see anything else out there that can compete for the same price.
Edited by DemonFox - 2/4/13 at 10:27am
The E17 is good for the HE-400, doesn't quite get it to its full potential, but if I'd never heard my Little Dot MKIII or Schiit Magni with the HE-400, I would have been completely satisfied. I've heard it leaves a lot to be desired with the HE-500, which are harder to drive than the HE-400.
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › QC25 without NC engaged + Amp 1 minute ago
- › Cheap sound card? waste of money? ASUS Xonar DGX 1 minute ago
- › Newbie question about headphones, audio interface, DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendation needed for LCD-3 DAC/amp 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)