Soooo excited to be on the 'pending' list to demo the HE-400!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 8/1/15 at 8:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 14
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
How will weekends be handled? I get absolutely no chance to listen to music on the weekends, so if by chance the HE-500's reach me on a Friday, I'll get no time in before I send them on out.
This doesn't answer the question in general, but the way the timeframes look right now, you'll probably get them fairly early in the week.
I have also read that is a common complaint in eco mode. the general answer is to avoid eco mode. kind of lame.
update - the Audeze order shipped today. they will be here next week and then those demo units will go out
Also, Hifiman HE-500 is now with person #4. it will ship to #5 (hifihead) on saturday or monday
ohhhh exciting can't wait to see where I'm on the list. probably last since I'm west coast =/
I hope that doesn't hurt the order I'm on the west coast too!! Very excited to see if I made the list or not
the cable broke. i do have an extra cable. i believe he is sending them back to me and then i will send to the next person.
The FiiO E17 thread has a lot of info on this. I believe many said they are using their E17 to drive those. E17 is much more powerful than E7 and E9 is much more powrful than E17.
I have the E17 powering my HE-400's right now and it has zero problem pushing them. I totally underestimated the e17 from the word go and had zero intention of keeping it but man I was totally shocked at the total package. It's really good and had plenty of power plus the SPDIF input works great and gives it that added kick. It's a great buy IMO and will power anything you throw at it. Even the HE-6. There are some others out there that will push them better and have better detail but for 3 times the money so I don't see anything else out there that can compete for the same price.
Edited by DemonFox - 2/4/13 at 10:27am
The E17 is good for the HE-400, doesn't quite get it to its full potential, but if I'd never heard my Little Dot MKIII or Schiit Magni with the HE-400, I would have been completely satisfied. I've heard it leaves a lot to be desired with the HE-500, which are harder to drive than the HE-400.
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Stax Thread III 39 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 41 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 46 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 5 minutes ago
- › History of the AKG K1000? 5 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendation for 32ohm headphones 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3