Soooo excited to be on the 'pending' list to demo the HE-400!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 8/14/14 at 9:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- My Headphone Amp Design!!! Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:29am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 14
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
How will weekends be handled? I get absolutely no chance to listen to music on the weekends, so if by chance the HE-500's reach me on a Friday, I'll get no time in before I send them on out.
This doesn't answer the question in general, but the way the timeframes look right now, you'll probably get them fairly early in the week.
I have also read that is a common complaint in eco mode. the general answer is to avoid eco mode. kind of lame.
update - the Audeze order shipped today. they will be here next week and then those demo units will go out
Also, Hifiman HE-500 is now with person #4. it will ship to #5 (hifihead) on saturday or monday
ohhhh exciting can't wait to see where I'm on the list. probably last since I'm west coast =/
I hope that doesn't hurt the order I'm on the west coast too!! Very excited to see if I made the list or not
the cable broke. i do have an extra cable. i believe he is sending them back to me and then i will send to the next person.
The FiiO E17 thread has a lot of info on this. I believe many said they are using their E17 to drive those. E17 is much more powerful than E7 and E9 is much more powrful than E17.
I have the E17 powering my HE-400's right now and it has zero problem pushing them. I totally underestimated the e17 from the word go and had zero intention of keeping it but man I was totally shocked at the total package. It's really good and had plenty of power plus the SPDIF input works great and gives it that added kick. It's a great buy IMO and will power anything you throw at it. Even the HE-6. There are some others out there that will push them better and have better detail but for 3 times the money so I don't see anything else out there that can compete for the same price.
Edited by DemonFox - 2/4/13 at 10:27am
The E17 is good for the HE-400, doesn't quite get it to its full potential, but if I'd never heard my Little Dot MKIII or Schiit Magni with the HE-400, I would have been completely satisfied. I've heard it leaves a lot to be desired with the HE-500, which are harder to drive than the HE-400.
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Is Beyerdynamic DT 660 really as good as T1? (for classical music) 1 second ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 26 seconds ago
- › worst date stories 31 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Balanced Cable for HD800 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › IHIFI 760 + NEW 770 (lucky pg#13) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960 2 minutes ago
- › Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)