Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 98

post #1456 of 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

Please update the status of the east coast and midwest pairs


These will also be the last demos from HeadAmp. honest reason - nobody on the demo list has bought headphones, at least not from me.



That's a bummer. Did you get my email about possibly buying the HE-560? Are you selling these demo units at an "open-box" discount?
Edited by devhen - 10/12/14 at 2:20am
post #1457 of 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
 

Please update the status of the east coast and midwest pairs

 

These will also be the last demos from HeadAmp. honest reason - nobody on the demo list has bought headphones, at least not from me.


Justin,

 

I have the pair from jaywillin..  I guess they're the midwest pair.

post #1458 of 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 


Justin,

 

I have the pair from jaywillin..  I guess they're the midwest pair.

 

i signed up for east coast i believe

post #1459 of 1464
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
 

Please update the status of the east coast and midwest pairs

 

These will also be the last demos from HeadAmp. honest reason - nobody on the demo list has bought headphones, at least not from me.


That's a bummer. Did you get my email about possibly buying the HE-560? Are you selling these demo units at an "open-box" discount?

 

yes, i did receive your email. i didn't know how to respond to it, honestly.

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #1460 of 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

Please update the status of the east coast and midwest pairs

These will also be the last demos from HeadAmp. honest reason - nobody on the demo list has bought headphones, at least not from me.

Umm actually that's not true. I bought the Rosewood LCD-2's from you and HE-400's. I'd probably buy the HD700's from you as well if I could get a good price on the demo pair.

That's a shame but I still understand, this demo program was fantastic and allowed me to hear all kinds of amazing gear. If you ever do it again I'll be first in line

My wallet hates you but my ears thank you wink.gif


Thanks,


evil_smiley.gif
post #1461 of 1464

I bought an LCD-X from you after demo'ing the XC.  Even though I ultimately didn't like it I decided to sell it used on head-fi instead of returning it to head-amp because I wanted you to keep the money for offering these touring services.

post #1462 of 1464

I received the Midwest pair yesterday.  Planning to physically drop off the headphones to Ultramus on Saturday. 

post #1463 of 1464

Met up with Ultramus today and physically handed off the HE-560's.  My impressions echo those made before.  More bassy than I thought they would be.  Felt the treble was a tad spiky.  Ultimately though, I preferred my modded HE-6's to the 560's.  Voices seemed more "full" on the HE-6's.  Sub bass seems to dig deeper.  The 560's were much more comfortable - but I may just have large ears as I felt some pain after wearing the headphones for awhile.  No issues with the vegan pads on my HE-6's.  I felt that the HE-560's did scale - tried on a magni, Krell KAV-400xi, and Eddie current 2a3mkiv but not as much as the HE-6's.  Would have loved to try a modded HE-560, but did not want to mess with the demo pair.  Thanks Justin and HeadAmp for the demo trial. 

post #1464 of 1464

I received the midwest pair today, not sure how this one got moved around but, i have it right now, sounds pretty good.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560