- 145 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 4/15/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- My Headphone Amp Design!!! Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:29am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Just some background stuff before the review...this is the second source i have owned dedicated to music (i.e not listening to music off my iphone) so i don't have much experience with high end...
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 82
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yes, It is indeed nice to see things moving along.
I really really liked the LCD-X. I thought it would be very similar to my HE-6 and maybe a bit redundant given they are both said to be neutral and balanced to to bottom. I was wrong. The X and the 6 have different presentations. The X is darker than the HE-6. It also retains the Audeze house sound. A sound I sometimes call the 'wall of sound'. Barra, in a post above, used the word seamlessly to describe how the frequencies are integrated together and I agree. Compared to the HE-6, which has a very airy presentation, the X has a lush, thick, and nicely textured sound. The 6, on the other hand, has an extremely transparent, slightly more technical sound. Instruments are more separated on the 6. Music just seems to appear with the 6. It feels like a completely open window into the music. The treble, mids, and low frequencies seem to have more space between them. The HE-6 also had better defined bass. The X, however, has great soul and musicality.
After owning the LCD-2 and the HE-6 for a while, I purchased the LCD-3. I thought the LCD-3 was a step up for sure. But after months of listening to the 3, I sold it. It was just too dark for me and a bit distant. I find the X to solve these problems. Music is right there and the treble is fantastic. If I were to buy a Audeze again, it would be the X.
All listening was done on a Mac running Pure Music > Antelope Zodiac > Sansui G-9000db or Kenwood Model 500 (both recapped)
A few of my reference tracks..........
Mark Knopfler Boom Like That
Dar Williams Trouble Times
Apple Gabriel Tower Of Babel
Steven Wilson Drive Home
Lucinda Williams Coppenhagen
What a great opportunity. I'll share notes as soon as I have a chance to sit,type and think a bit.
So. Stoked. I HAVE to put them against my HE-6.
I didn't even know there were new models! I figure you're talking about these:
Getting a chance to try those babies out would be awesome indeed.
Do you plan on bringing the HE-560 and 400i with you to the Charlotte meet, Justin? If so, I'll hold off on the sign-up to let others get in on it.
That would be great! I'm sure I'll end up owning one of the two so it would be fantastic to be able to hear them before I purchase
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 32 seconds ago
- › Edmonton Head-Fi Mini-Meet Saturday July 26th 2014 at University of... 1 minute ago
- › CanMania 2014 @ Capital Audiofest: Impressions & Reports 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Ultrasone Pro 2900 2 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3580/3590 vs Monoprice 8320/9927 vs SoundMagic E10 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 vs Audio Technica ATH-A900X 9 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)