- 161 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 8/1/15 at 8:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 82
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yes, It is indeed nice to see things moving along.
I really really liked the LCD-X. I thought it would be very similar to my HE-6 and maybe a bit redundant given they are both said to be neutral and balanced to to bottom. I was wrong. The X and the 6 have different presentations. The X is darker than the HE-6. It also retains the Audeze house sound. A sound I sometimes call the 'wall of sound'. Barra, in a post above, used the word seamlessly to describe how the frequencies are integrated together and I agree. Compared to the HE-6, which has a very airy presentation, the X has a lush, thick, and nicely textured sound. The 6, on the other hand, has an extremely transparent, slightly more technical sound. Instruments are more separated on the 6. Music just seems to appear with the 6. It feels like a completely open window into the music. The treble, mids, and low frequencies seem to have more space between them. The HE-6 also had better defined bass. The X, however, has great soul and musicality.
After owning the LCD-2 and the HE-6 for a while, I purchased the LCD-3. I thought the LCD-3 was a step up for sure. But after months of listening to the 3, I sold it. It was just too dark for me and a bit distant. I find the X to solve these problems. Music is right there and the treble is fantastic. If I were to buy a Audeze again, it would be the X.
All listening was done on a Mac running Pure Music > Antelope Zodiac > Sansui G-9000db or Kenwood Model 500 (both recapped)
A few of my reference tracks..........
Mark Knopfler Boom Like That
Dar Williams Trouble Times
Apple Gabriel Tower Of Babel
Steven Wilson Drive Home
Lucinda Williams Coppenhagen
What a great opportunity. I'll share notes as soon as I have a chance to sit,type and think a bit.
So. Stoked. I HAVE to put them against my HE-6.
I didn't even know there were new models! I figure you're talking about these:
Getting a chance to try those babies out would be awesome indeed.
Do you plan on bringing the HE-560 and 400i with you to the Charlotte meet, Justin? If so, I'll hold off on the sign-up to let others get in on it.
That would be great! I'm sure I'll end up owning one of the two so it would be fantastic to be able to hear them before I purchase
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 second ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 5 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 32 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 56 seconds ago
- › in-ear headphones--help deciding among these 4 (music likes and... 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Anyone bought the cheap chinese replacement headbands/ear cups for... 5 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2