- 147 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 8/14/14 at 9:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- My Headphone Amp Design!!! Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:29am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 82
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yes, It is indeed nice to see things moving along.
I really really liked the LCD-X. I thought it would be very similar to my HE-6 and maybe a bit redundant given they are both said to be neutral and balanced to to bottom. I was wrong. The X and the 6 have different presentations. The X is darker than the HE-6. It also retains the Audeze house sound. A sound I sometimes call the 'wall of sound'. Barra, in a post above, used the word seamlessly to describe how the frequencies are integrated together and I agree. Compared to the HE-6, which has a very airy presentation, the X has a lush, thick, and nicely textured sound. The 6, on the other hand, has an extremely transparent, slightly more technical sound. Instruments are more separated on the 6. Music just seems to appear with the 6. It feels like a completely open window into the music. The treble, mids, and low frequencies seem to have more space between them. The HE-6 also had better defined bass. The X, however, has great soul and musicality.
After owning the LCD-2 and the HE-6 for a while, I purchased the LCD-3. I thought the LCD-3 was a step up for sure. But after months of listening to the 3, I sold it. It was just too dark for me and a bit distant. I find the X to solve these problems. Music is right there and the treble is fantastic. If I were to buy a Audeze again, it would be the X.
All listening was done on a Mac running Pure Music > Antelope Zodiac > Sansui G-9000db or Kenwood Model 500 (both recapped)
A few of my reference tracks..........
Mark Knopfler Boom Like That
Dar Williams Trouble Times
Apple Gabriel Tower Of Babel
Steven Wilson Drive Home
Lucinda Williams Coppenhagen
What a great opportunity. I'll share notes as soon as I have a chance to sit,type and think a bit.
So. Stoked. I HAVE to put them against my HE-6.
I didn't even know there were new models! I figure you're talking about these:
Getting a chance to try those babies out would be awesome indeed.
Do you plan on bringing the HE-560 and 400i with you to the Charlotte meet, Justin? If so, I'll hold off on the sign-up to let others get in on it.
That would be great! I'm sure I'll end up owning one of the two so it would be fantastic to be able to hear them before I purchase
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Band Name Game II 48 seconds ago
- › 9/13/14 Lawrence, Kansas Headfi meeting Impression. 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 2 minutes ago
- › The EU deals thread! 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)