- 161 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 7/30/15 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 82
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yes, It is indeed nice to see things moving along.
I really really liked the LCD-X. I thought it would be very similar to my HE-6 and maybe a bit redundant given they are both said to be neutral and balanced to to bottom. I was wrong. The X and the 6 have different presentations. The X is darker than the HE-6. It also retains the Audeze house sound. A sound I sometimes call the 'wall of sound'. Barra, in a post above, used the word seamlessly to describe how the frequencies are integrated together and I agree. Compared to the HE-6, which has a very airy presentation, the X has a lush, thick, and nicely textured sound. The 6, on the other hand, has an extremely transparent, slightly more technical sound. Instruments are more separated on the 6. Music just seems to appear with the 6. It feels like a completely open window into the music. The treble, mids, and low frequencies seem to have more space between them. The HE-6 also had better defined bass. The X, however, has great soul and musicality.
After owning the LCD-2 and the HE-6 for a while, I purchased the LCD-3. I thought the LCD-3 was a step up for sure. But after months of listening to the 3, I sold it. It was just too dark for me and a bit distant. I find the X to solve these problems. Music is right there and the treble is fantastic. If I were to buy a Audeze again, it would be the X.
All listening was done on a Mac running Pure Music > Antelope Zodiac > Sansui G-9000db or Kenwood Model 500 (both recapped)
A few of my reference tracks..........
Mark Knopfler Boom Like That
Dar Williams Trouble Times
Apple Gabriel Tower Of Babel
Steven Wilson Drive Home
Lucinda Williams Coppenhagen
What a great opportunity. I'll share notes as soon as I have a chance to sit,type and think a bit.
So. Stoked. I HAVE to put them against my HE-6.
I didn't even know there were new models! I figure you're talking about these:
Getting a chance to try those babies out would be awesome indeed.
Do you plan on bringing the HE-560 and 400i with you to the Charlotte meet, Justin? If so, I'll hold off on the sign-up to let others get in on it.
That would be great! I'm sure I'll end up owning one of the two so it would be fantastic to be able to hear them before I purchase
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA -... 1 minute ago
- › Apologies 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 2 minutes ago
- › WTH? no posting option in the other forums? 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 5 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 5 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3