residential delivery costs more with fedex ground. not sure if regular fedex is different, not sure about UPS, and i know USPS is the same for residential/commercial
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:16 pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 79
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I still have not received the LCD XC. The package tracker says that it should be here tomorrow. I will enjoy them this weekend then send them on their way on Monday. I'm really looking forward to it and I am super excited to be a part of this tour. Thank you so much.
Loved them. Probably the most comfortable headphone I've ever had and that's saying something. Ran them out of my vintage Pioneer Spec stack and they sounded awesome with excellent bass. I'd buy them for the right price for sure.
Sorry! They weren't left on the porch. I guess I should have said "Found the fedex guy on the porch waiting for my autograph."
The LCD-X arrived today and I've been listening to it for a few hours as of this moment. Gear-wise, I'm using the LCD-X with a balanced Norse Audio Reign cable on my Audio GD Reference 8/Master 8 stack.
As I've mentioned earlier with the LCD-2, the stock yoke rods are a bit tight on my head, but the softer pads and headband negate that somewhat. Comfort would be much improved with the extended yoke rods currently installed on my LCD-3. At $1700, Audeze should just ship every pair with the 1" longer yokes instead of forcing big headed people like me to shell out an extra $30.
Soundwise, the LCD-X is airier with more tipped up treble than it's older brother. It's the better all-rounder and worth looking into if the wife is forcing you to cut back on your headphone collection.
The LCD-3 is truer to what I feel is the traditional Audeze sound - a linear frequency response with a solid amount of bass and laid back treble. It provides a better complement to headphones like the HD800, T1, and HE-6. While it doesn't smack you in the face with detail, it's all there if you listen closely enough.
I'm off to do some more listening and will update with additional thoughts.
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Three Word Story 6 seconds ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 17 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 57 seconds ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 1 minute ago
- › Do we have any serious producers/recording engineers using Grados? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › How to make a comprehensive head-fi review? 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3