residential delivery costs more with fedex ground. not sure if regular fedex is different, not sure about UPS, and i know USPS is the same for residential/commercial
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 4/8/15 at 10:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 - Page 79
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I still have not received the LCD XC. The package tracker says that it should be here tomorrow. I will enjoy them this weekend then send them on their way on Monday. I'm really looking forward to it and I am super excited to be a part of this tour. Thank you so much.
Loved them. Probably the most comfortable headphone I've ever had and that's saying something. Ran them out of my vintage Pioneer Spec stack and they sounded awesome with excellent bass. I'd buy them for the right price for sure.
Sorry! They weren't left on the porch. I guess I should have said "Found the fedex guy on the porch waiting for my autograph."
The LCD-X arrived today and I've been listening to it for a few hours as of this moment. Gear-wise, I'm using the LCD-X with a balanced Norse Audio Reign cable on my Audio GD Reference 8/Master 8 stack.
As I've mentioned earlier with the LCD-2, the stock yoke rods are a bit tight on my head, but the softer pads and headband negate that somewhat. Comfort would be much improved with the extended yoke rods currently installed on my LCD-3. At $1700, Audeze should just ship every pair with the 1" longer yokes instead of forcing big headed people like me to shell out an extra $30.
Soundwise, the LCD-X is airier with more tipped up treble than it's older brother. It's the better all-rounder and worth looking into if the wife is forcing you to cut back on your headphone collection.
The LCD-3 is truer to what I feel is the traditional Audeze sound - a linear frequency response with a solid amount of bass and laid back treble. It provides a better complement to headphones like the HD800, T1, and HE-6. While it doesn't smack you in the face with detail, it's all there if you listen closely enough.
I'm off to do some more listening and will update with additional thoughts.
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 21 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 36 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - AUNE AUDIO S16 - Single box DAC and Headphone Amplifier. 4 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 7 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 7 minutes ago
- › Keep HD650 or HD700 8 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by JoeDoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2