Soooo excited to be on the 'pending' list to demo the HE-400!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 9/7/13 at 10:36pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 11/24/13 at 1:55am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- My Headphone Amp Design!!! Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:29am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC sign up on Black Friday!! - Page 14
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
How will weekends be handled? I get absolutely no chance to listen to music on the weekends, so if by chance the HE-500's reach me on a Friday, I'll get no time in before I send them on out.
This doesn't answer the question in general, but the way the timeframes look right now, you'll probably get them fairly early in the week.
I have also read that is a common complaint in eco mode. the general answer is to avoid eco mode. kind of lame.
update - the Audeze order shipped today. they will be here next week and then those demo units will go out
Also, Hifiman HE-500 is now with person #4. it will ship to #5 (hifihead) on saturday or monday
ohhhh exciting can't wait to see where I'm on the list. probably last since I'm west coast =/
I hope that doesn't hurt the order I'm on the west coast too!! Very excited to see if I made the list or not
the cable broke. i do have an extra cable. i believe he is sending them back to me and then i will send to the next person.
The FiiO E17 thread has a lot of info on this. I believe many said they are using their E17 to drive those. E17 is much more powerful than E7 and E9 is much more powrful than E17.
I have the E17 powering my HE-400's right now and it has zero problem pushing them. I totally underestimated the e17 from the word go and had zero intention of keeping it but man I was totally shocked at the total package. It's really good and had plenty of power plus the SPDIF input works great and gives it that added kick. It's a great buy IMO and will power anything you throw at it. Even the HE-6. There are some others out there that will push them better and have better detail but for 3 times the money so I don't see anything else out there that can compete for the same price.
Edited by DemonFox - 2/4/13 at 10:27am
The E17 is good for the HE-400, doesn't quite get it to its full potential, but if I'd never heard my Little Dot MKIII or Schiit Magni with the HE-400, I would have been completely satisfied. I've heard it leaves a lot to be desired with the HE-500, which are harder to drive than the HE-400.
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC sign up on Black Friday!!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › V Moda Crossfade M100, Mad dog. alpha dog or hifiman he-400 for... 51 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series 1 minute ago
- › can fiio e17 drive alpha dogs good enough? 1 minute ago
- › Cheapest planar magnetic headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 2 minutes ago
- › Which Porcupine Tree \ Steven Wilson Album? 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEH for showtunes and musical theather music (With a budget... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi