Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC sign up on Black Friday!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC sign up on Black Friday!! - Page 9

post #121 of 1300

Was there ever a headamp gs-x demo? Would love to try one of those on my lcd-3/hd-800.  Have been really interested in that one for awhile.

 

Otherwise I would like to demo the he-5 but no longer see it in the list.


Edited by snaps11 - 1/17/13 at 2:08pm
post #122 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps11 View Post

Was there ever a headamp gs-x demo? Would love to try one of those on my lcd-3/hd-800.  Have been really interested in that one for awhile.

 

 

I really don't think it will ever be one of those..

post #123 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

pretty close.  i'll be in the red until i sell the last unit in inventory.  but by then i'd have to order more.  so, in the red until I quit selling Stax, i guess :)

STAXes are hard sells not because they are pricey (lots of people have lots of money nowadays), but because 'stats in general are very daunting for beginner audiophiles, even the rich ones, to approach. Planar magnetics are the future man, you might want to shift gears to those fully.

post #124 of 1300

It would be nice.  Just have a hard time dropping cash on a gs-x and not even knowing if I will like it or not. If it ends up beating out a burson soloist then he would probably have a customer =)

post #125 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps11 View Post

It would be nice.  Just have a hard time dropping cash on a gs-x and not even knowing if I will like it or not. If it ends up beating out a burson soloist then he would probably have a customer =)

 

The new GS-X MKII is not in the wild yet.  Give it a few months, I'm sure your get a few impressions of it here and there.

post #126 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

STAXes are hard sells not because they are pricey (lots of people have lots of money nowadays), but because 'stats in general are very daunting for beginner audiophiles, even the rich ones, to approach. Planar magnetics are the future man, you might want to shift gears to those fully.

If only planar magnetics aren't so heavy.. my only complaint with the HE-500. Although I'm not sure I want to pay for stats yet. I agree their sound (planar) is pretty awesome though.


Edited by moshen - 1/17/13 at 8:00pm
post #127 of 1300

HE-4 only has magnets on one side of their diaphragms and therefor is way lighter, the only disadvantage there though is that it requires way more amplification as a result.  It also won't have the same exact sound as the HE-500.

post #128 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

HE-4 only has magnets on one side of their diaphragms and therefor is way lighter, the only disadvantage there though is that it requires way more amplification as a result.  It also won't have the same exact sound as the HE-500.

The real solution to this problem is of course to minimize the mass of the diaphragm to boost efficiency, so that you can downscale the magnets yet achieve the same volume. However that is hard to pull off. Look how long it took Audeze to rein LCD3s diaphragm QC under control, heck even nowadays you hear anecdotes of peoples' LCD3s suddenly failing. In the end, for reliability with planar magnetic cans, you'd still want a somewhat thicker and more robust diaphragm and corresponding ton of magnets.

post #129 of 1300

Alright, I just signed up for the HE-400s. Does the shipping have to be a certain speed?

post #130 of 1300

Really appreciate that you're running the demo program Justin. Signed on for the HE400 list. Been following the threads on those since pre-release and can't wait to hear them. 

post #131 of 1300
Would my incoming Schiit m&m combo work for either of these? Or would it not do either headphone justice? I am currently using Ultrasone 900s.
post #132 of 1300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderMan View Post

Would my incoming Schiit m&m combo work for either of these? Or would it not do either headphone justice? I am currently using Ultrasone 900s.

 

this should work fine with the HE400

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #133 of 1300
Only the HE400s are listed in demo sign up form. Are the other models still available? Sorry if it was posted. Didn't go through every page. Thisva great program. Thanks for offering it.
post #134 of 1300
Found the answer to my question. Will there be another round of demos?
post #135 of 1300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lextek View Post

Found the answer to my question. Will there be another round of demos?

 

yes, i will open it up again once the current round is complete.  i think more than 10 people per headphone will be too many, as sign-ups will disappear and go unresponsive, and really slow things down.

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC sign up on Black Friday!!