I have the E6 and E11 so I guess I'll try it. I use golden ears on my iPhone so that has EQ too. Would that cut out the need for a E6
Related Forum Threads
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs M50 Last post on 1/21/13 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help With Headphone Selection Last post on 12/20/12 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones ~$100-250 with good soundstage for most genres, but mainly metal? Last post on 12/19/12 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
Best all around for newbie - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok, well I've had a few days with my headphones now and am very happy with the DT 770 Pro-80s. With the E11 attached it's very nice and the bass is fine. If I put it at EQ 1 or 2 then it's just as good as the COP in my opinion. These are far more comfortable and less hot, likely due to the velour pads. Also, I have been using the Accudio app for the phones sometimes and it's pretty good. Some EQing really allows me to tweak these until what I like.
I'm very happy with my purchase and will likely be back for more when I have funds. I'm already contemplating buying an open pair of headphones for my room and the 770s for the library. I also bought a few pieces to play these on my new TV. I'm looking forward to watching some movies with some sound instead of the TV stock speakers.
The only thing that have made me question my purchase is the DT 770 LEs (32) if they'd be better but, being new I can complain and probably wouldn't notice the difference.
I also purchased a digital to analog converter for my TV to listen to it with headphones. The sound isn't nearly as good as it is from my iphone or PC w/ the E11. I can live with this but I'd like to find a way to improve the sound, or create a surround sound effect when playing PS3 and watching blu-rays on my PS3.
From what I have gathered, a Astro Mixamp would take care of this? Is there anything else I'd need or any other recommendations?
- Best all around for newbie
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › It's highly unlikely for an amp to damage headphones at low... 49 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Digizoid Z02 personal subwoofer V3 UK AS NEW 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD900x Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 4 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 PRO Announced 6 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by mcook1970
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe