I have the E6 and E11 so I guess I'll try it. I use golden ears on my iPhone so that has EQ too. Would that cut out the need for a E6
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/17/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by System, 1/17/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/17/13
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs M50 Last post on 1/21/13 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help With Headphone Selection Last post on 12/20/12 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones ~$100-250 with good soundstage for most genres, but mainly metal? Last post on 12/19/12 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Best all around for newbie - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok, well I've had a few days with my headphones now and am very happy with the DT 770 Pro-80s. With the E11 attached it's very nice and the bass is fine. If I put it at EQ 1 or 2 then it's just as good as the COP in my opinion. These are far more comfortable and less hot, likely due to the velour pads. Also, I have been using the Accudio app for the phones sometimes and it's pretty good. Some EQing really allows me to tweak these until what I like.
I'm very happy with my purchase and will likely be back for more when I have funds. I'm already contemplating buying an open pair of headphones for my room and the 770s for the library. I also bought a few pieces to play these on my new TV. I'm looking forward to watching some movies with some sound instead of the TV stock speakers.
The only thing that have made me question my purchase is the DT 770 LEs (32) if they'd be better but, being new I can complain and probably wouldn't notice the difference.
I also purchased a digital to analog converter for my TV to listen to it with headphones. The sound isn't nearly as good as it is from my iphone or PC w/ the E11. I can live with this but I'd like to find a way to improve the sound, or create a surround sound effect when playing PS3 and watching blu-rays on my PS3.
From what I have gathered, a Astro Mixamp would take care of this? Is there anything else I'd need or any other recommendations?
- Best all around for newbie
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 26 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Wearing IEMs in your nose? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for under $350 give or take some. 4 minutes ago
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC sign up on Black... 9 minutes ago
- › Beats User wants to upgrade to Best quality possible for $400 or... 13 minutes ago
- › The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution. 15 minutes ago
- › Dr Dre beats studio's, Thank you for bringing me to head-fi 15 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi