- 45 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/16/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by System, 1/16/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/16/13
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs M50 Last post on 1/21/13 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help With Headphone Selection Last post on 12/20/12 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Best all around for newbie - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
yeah.. its actually fairly decent for the price as well (e6). E11 again if you wanna step it up.. which is a bit smaller than an iphone.
80 ohm Dt770 is the bassiest Dt770. i have it, its excellent for its price, incredibly comfortable and while a little on the bright side, i don't find them overly so.. it actually gives a fair amount of energy to music which is very needed i find.
So it looks like I may order the Dt770 80ohm with an amp too. See which of the 3 I prefer and give amazon the rest back. Thankfully prime pays off
Headphones are very diverse. with lots of flavours.
its all about finding what flavours you like really.
I hope you are satisfied with something you buy!
maybe you will end up keeping all 3? ;)
Yeah, maybe if my textbooks weren't $1200 this semester I would...stupid law school
I've heard law school reading material is expensive... but holy cow!
That seems fairly alright. I just spent $500 on two text books alone. (Mechanics and Electronics) I haven't counted all my receipts but I think I am near the $2000 region this semester for books.
I bet your tuition is higher though ha ha.
well yeah if you need volume only the E6 would be good, just that it doesn't really drive the headphone's qualities out
- Best all around for newbie
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Best recording of .."The Planets".? 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 5 minutes ago
- › Musician, need IEM for live monitoring (200 - 250$) 6 minutes ago
- › Best Android Device As An MP3 Player? 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Red Wine Audio Cassabria 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)