- 45 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/16/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by System, 1/16/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/16/13
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs M50 Last post on 1/21/13 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help With Headphone Selection Last post on 12/20/12 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Best all around for newbie - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
yeah.. its actually fairly decent for the price as well (e6). E11 again if you wanna step it up.. which is a bit smaller than an iphone.
80 ohm Dt770 is the bassiest Dt770. i have it, its excellent for its price, incredibly comfortable and while a little on the bright side, i don't find them overly so.. it actually gives a fair amount of energy to music which is very needed i find.
So it looks like I may order the Dt770 80ohm with an amp too. See which of the 3 I prefer and give amazon the rest back. Thankfully prime pays off
Headphones are very diverse. with lots of flavours.
its all about finding what flavours you like really.
I hope you are satisfied with something you buy!
maybe you will end up keeping all 3? ;)
Yeah, maybe if my textbooks weren't $1200 this semester I would...stupid law school
I've heard law school reading material is expensive... but holy cow!
That seems fairly alright. I just spent $500 on two text books alone. (Mechanics and Electronics) I haven't counted all my receipts but I think I am near the $2000 region this semester for books.
I bet your tuition is higher though ha ha.
well yeah if you need volume only the E6 would be good, just that it doesn't really drive the headphone's qualities out
- Best all around for newbie
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 42 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 51 seconds ago
- › Upgrade help! Any advice welcome! 1 minute ago
- › Which of these headphones have better sound quality? 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › I can't make up my mind 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › It's not the D, it's the A that will kill you... 7 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)