- 213 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones? Last post on 10/29/13 at 10:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- How to get over dropping your new or beloved headphones? Last post on 10/10/12 at 6:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I really have no excuse to buy new headphones in the future. Last post on 9/21/12 at 2:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
Best audiophile headphones with good bass?post #1 of 221/11/13 at 9:55pmThread StarterI will be getting sennheiser hd800s for classical music and i need some headphones for bass heavy music. So I've been looking at the audio technical ATH-AD 700s but I was wondering if there was anything better than that.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 221/11/13 at 10:05pmpost #3 of 221/11/13 at 10:06pmpost #4 of 221/11/13 at 10:09pm
Are you looking to find a bass-shy headphone (like the AD700) in an effort to tame the bass bloat on some recordings?... or do the opposite and boost bass? its hard to tell the way you have it worded.
The AKG K501 is the most bass-shy can I have heard, it takes a WARM source and beefy amp to get these warmed up.
Edited by kramer5150 - 1/11/13 at 10:10pmpost #5 of 221/11/13 at 10:17pmThread StarterI just assumed it had good bass because it was the only audio technica hi-fi headphones that had the word "bass" in the description. And I heard the AT ATH-L3000 had good bass and since it apparently got discontinued or something I thought they might have other headphones with good bass.post #6 of 221/11/13 at 10:19pmThread Starterpost #7 of 221/11/13 at 10:19pmpost #8 of 221/11/13 at 10:24pmThread Starterpost #9 of 221/11/13 at 10:33pm
If you know the HD800 excellent for classical, so i guess you should also know the LCD2 is excellent for heavy bass music. Get the LCD2, well.. you can afford the HD800 right!post #10 of 221/11/13 at 10:36pmThread Starterpost #11 of 221/11/13 at 10:39pmThread Starterpost #12 of 221/11/13 at 10:39pmpost #13 of 221/11/13 at 10:42pmQuote:
If you can extend just a bit past $300, I would recommend the MrSpeakers T50RP Mad Dogs. Not much of a boost in the bass, but if there's a lot of bass in the recording, then you'll get plenty of bass out of the headphones. So, if you're looking for a good headphone to pair up with hip-hop or dubstep, these might be a pair to consider.post #14 of 221/11/13 at 10:43pmThread Starter
- Best audiophile headphones with good bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 11 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic AT1350 - An Improved DT1350? 15 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Fun, forgiving headphones 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2.2 Six weeks old ! **pristine condition** SOLD 6 minutes ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 7 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob