- 256 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones? Last post on 10/29/13 at 10:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Headphone Setup for $1000+ / HD800 Questions Last post on 2/3/13 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone vs Speakers Last post on 12/31/12 at 2:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Looks could be very deceiving, especially when it comes to...
Hello, I own the current Sansa for about 3 years, so I can say I am very familiar with it. Bad start So... When I happened to own Cowon Iaudio 9 I took this guy for a minute and...
Micro review of the Oppo HA-1: rankings (because the bars to the side for some reason are not representative of the rank I gave) audio quality: 2/5 design: 4/5 quality: 3.5/5 value:...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Best audiophile headphones with good bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Are you looking to find a bass-shy headphone (like the AD700) in an effort to tame the bass bloat on some recordings?... or do the opposite and boost bass? its hard to tell the way you have it worded.
The AKG K501 is the most bass-shy can I have heard, it takes a WARM source and beefy amp to get these warmed up.
Edited by kramer5150 - 1/11/13 at 10:10pm
If you know the HD800 excellent for classical, so i guess you should also know the LCD2 is excellent for heavy bass music. Get the LCD2, well.. you can afford the HD800 right!
If you can extend just a bit past $300, I would recommend the MrSpeakers T50RP Mad Dogs. Not much of a boost in the bass, but if there's a lot of bass in the recording, then you'll get plenty of bass out of the headphones. So, if you're looking for a good headphone to pair up with hip-hop or dubstep, these might be a pair to consider.
- Best audiophile headphones with good bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 6 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 44 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini meet May 2nd 2015 (CanJam after party!!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2