- 256 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones? Last post on 8/27/15 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Headphone Setup for $1000+ / HD800 Questions Last post on 2/3/13 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone vs Speakers Last post on 12/31/12 at 2:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Best audiophile headphones with good bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Are you looking to find a bass-shy headphone (like the AD700) in an effort to tame the bass bloat on some recordings?... or do the opposite and boost bass? its hard to tell the way you have it worded.
The AKG K501 is the most bass-shy can I have heard, it takes a WARM source and beefy amp to get these warmed up.
Edited by kramer5150 - 1/11/13 at 10:10pm
If you know the HD800 excellent for classical, so i guess you should also know the LCD2 is excellent for heavy bass music. Get the LCD2, well.. you can afford the HD800 right!
If you can extend just a bit past $300, I would recommend the MrSpeakers T50RP Mad Dogs. Not much of a boost in the bass, but if there's a lot of bass in the recording, then you'll get plenty of bass out of the headphones. So, if you're looking for a good headphone to pair up with hip-hop or dubstep, these might be a pair to consider.
- Best audiophile headphones with good bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AURALiC owners unite! just now
- › Band Name Game II 12 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 55 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 55 seconds ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2