- 213 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones? Last post on 10/29/13 at 10:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- How to get over dropping your new or beloved headphones? Last post on 10/10/12 at 6:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I really have no excuse to buy new headphones in the future. Last post on 9/21/12 at 2:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Best audiophile headphones with good bass?post #1 of 221/11/13 at 9:55pmThread StarterI will be getting sennheiser hd800s for classical music and i need some headphones for bass heavy music. So I've been looking at the audio technical ATH-AD 700s but I was wondering if there was anything better than that.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 221/11/13 at 10:05pmpost #3 of 221/11/13 at 10:06pmpost #4 of 221/11/13 at 10:09pm
Are you looking to find a bass-shy headphone (like the AD700) in an effort to tame the bass bloat on some recordings?... or do the opposite and boost bass? its hard to tell the way you have it worded.
The AKG K501 is the most bass-shy can I have heard, it takes a WARM source and beefy amp to get these warmed up.
Edited by kramer5150 - 1/11/13 at 10:10pmpost #5 of 221/11/13 at 10:17pmThread StarterI just assumed it had good bass because it was the only audio technica hi-fi headphones that had the word "bass" in the description. And I heard the AT ATH-L3000 had good bass and since it apparently got discontinued or something I thought they might have other headphones with good bass.post #6 of 221/11/13 at 10:19pmThread Starterpost #7 of 221/11/13 at 10:19pmpost #8 of 221/11/13 at 10:24pmThread Starterpost #9 of 221/11/13 at 10:33pm
If you know the HD800 excellent for classical, so i guess you should also know the LCD2 is excellent for heavy bass music. Get the LCD2, well.. you can afford the HD800 right!post #10 of 221/11/13 at 10:36pmThread Starterpost #11 of 221/11/13 at 10:39pmThread Starterpost #12 of 221/11/13 at 10:39pmpost #13 of 221/11/13 at 10:42pmQuote:
If you can extend just a bit past $300, I would recommend the MrSpeakers T50RP Mad Dogs. Not much of a boost in the bass, but if there's a lot of bass in the recording, then you'll get plenty of bass out of the headphones. So, if you're looking for a good headphone to pair up with hip-hop or dubstep, these might be a pair to consider.post #14 of 221/11/13 at 10:43pmThread Starter
- Best audiophile headphones with good bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Fiio X3 DAP vs. Objective 2 (O2) Amp with HE-400 and JH5 4 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 35 seconds ago
- › Is this "6ft Premium Toslink Fiber Optic Digital Audio Optical... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Looking for an upgrade/something different from Sennheiser HD 598s 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 3 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster TC-7530 and Bushmaster MKII TC-7533 Comparison... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for watching movies, gaming, and music 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to Upgrade from CAL!s (~$300) 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude