- 256 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones? Last post on 10/29/13 at 10:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Headphone Setup for $1000+ / HD800 Questions Last post on 2/3/13 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone vs Speakers Last post on 12/31/12 at 2:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Best audiophile headphones with good bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Are you looking to find a bass-shy headphone (like the AD700) in an effort to tame the bass bloat on some recordings?... or do the opposite and boost bass? its hard to tell the way you have it worded.
The AKG K501 is the most bass-shy can I have heard, it takes a WARM source and beefy amp to get these warmed up.
Edited by kramer5150 - 1/11/13 at 10:10pm
If you know the HD800 excellent for classical, so i guess you should also know the LCD2 is excellent for heavy bass music. Get the LCD2, well.. you can afford the HD800 right!
If you can extend just a bit past $300, I would recommend the MrSpeakers T50RP Mad Dogs. Not much of a boost in the bass, but if there's a lot of bass in the recording, then you'll get plenty of bass out of the headphones. So, if you're looking for a good headphone to pair up with hip-hop or dubstep, these might be a pair to consider.
- Best audiophile headphones with good bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 3 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 30 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 32 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › Let's Discuss Your Raspberry Pi Setups 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Code-X 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2