Hmm i dunno, for slow rock songs that use acoustic guitars i still prefer my SR80i over the DT880, mostly because it's not so analytical, it has a much warmer sound IMO.
Related Forum Threads
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado sr60i or sr80i for customizing Last post on 9/10/12 at 3:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Some advice about Grado headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 11:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are grados the best headphones for rock music? Will i need a headphone amp to reach there full... Last post on 10/6/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Grado Modification Overview
Why everyone should have a Grado as their 2nd headphone. - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@streetdragon - I know, looks is not everything what a headphone sound. But with newer headphones coming out different styles, Grado just needs to take it to the next step.
There was an Electronic Expo store here which just liquidated lots of headphones including Grados, which I have to confess I did not bother to buy. Moreover when ever I see the boxes, I'm salivating for pizza
i agree on the looks, personally before i steampunk modded it, it looks really odd on my head like 2 frankenstien buldges of black on my head.
i know my buddy hates the look of the MS1i (he uses grados as kind of an example/baseline of ugly looking headphones) though i say its not THAT bad (like the retro,just really plain and heavilly preference based)
Edited by streetdragon - 1/19/13 at 11:05am
This is why Grado are the most polarizing headphone make on head-fi
people can argue about EVERYTHING on them. (not saying anyone here is)
I fell in love with their looks, and their sound.
Firstly their looks.
to me they look like they aren't trying to show how good they are. its like... oh god i don't know, i just melt at the sight of RS2i's.
They are of a sound so radical. you cannot help but smile when some songs come on... and lets be fair, grimace when others do. ;)
A lot of people hate them here because they are different (among other reasons ) but that's why i love them. : >
I hear ya, my brotha.
My dealer in Austin does not have the PS1000 for audition. Maybe just as well.
- Why everyone should have a Grado as their 2nd headphone.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 18 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 49 seconds ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 5 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Need help to test the 20,000 sound tracks music library firmware... 7 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)