Hmm i dunno, for slow rock songs that use acoustic guitars i still prefer my SR80i over the DT880, mostly because it's not so analytical, it has a much warmer sound IMO.
Related Forum Threads
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado sr60i or sr80i for customizing Last post on 9/10/12 at 3:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Some advice about Grado headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 11:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are grados the best headphones for rock music? Will i need a headphone amp to reach there full... Last post on 10/6/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
- Grado Modification Overview
Why everyone should have a Grado as their 2nd headphone. - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@streetdragon - I know, looks is not everything what a headphone sound. But with newer headphones coming out different styles, Grado just needs to take it to the next step.
There was an Electronic Expo store here which just liquidated lots of headphones including Grados, which I have to confess I did not bother to buy. Moreover when ever I see the boxes, I'm salivating for pizza
i agree on the looks, personally before i steampunk modded it, it looks really odd on my head like 2 frankenstien buldges of black on my head.
i know my buddy hates the look of the MS1i (he uses grados as kind of an example/baseline of ugly looking headphones) though i say its not THAT bad (like the retro,just really plain and heavilly preference based)
Edited by streetdragon - 1/19/13 at 11:05am
This is why Grado are the most polarizing headphone make on head-fi
people can argue about EVERYTHING on them. (not saying anyone here is)
I fell in love with their looks, and their sound.
Firstly their looks.
to me they look like they aren't trying to show how good they are. its like... oh god i don't know, i just melt at the sight of RS2i's.
They are of a sound so radical. you cannot help but smile when some songs come on... and lets be fair, grimace when others do. ;)
A lot of people hate them here because they are different (among other reasons ) but that's why i love them. : >
I hear ya, my brotha.
My dealer in Austin does not have the PS1000 for audition. Maybe just as well.
- Why everyone should have a Grado as their 2nd headphone.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Owners Unite 59 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › Planning my first audiophile setup with record player 3 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-560 US Tour Thread / Impressions and Reviews 7 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)