Hmm i dunno, for slow rock songs that use acoustic guitars i still prefer my SR80i over the DT880, mostly because it's not so analytical, it has a much warmer sound IMO.
Related Forum Threads
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado sr60i or sr80i for customizing Last post on 9/10/12 at 3:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Some advice about Grado headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 11:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are grados the best headphones for rock music? Will i need a headphone amp to reach there full... Last post on 10/6/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
Will keep this review short but these are my impressions after a week of listening to a range of FLAC and a few HD files of every main genre of music: Sources used: FiiO X5 Sony...
Take the well received Akg K545, and add 50 dollars for a mic, amp, nfc, battery and Bluetooth capability. Is it worth it? TLDR, if you don’t have an amp and/or want bluetooth, put this in your top...
This is my first review here. Previously owned Beyerdynamic DT 770 , Audio-Technica m20, Sennheiser Momentum on-ear. Stil have a pair of AKG k450. I exchanged Sennheiser Momentum on-ear for those...
Let’s get started :- This time , BRAINWAVZ have a new earphone seemingly a subordinate of S5 , it seems like people at brainwavz are serious about making durable and value efficient...
- Grado Modification Overview
Why everyone should have a Grado as their 2nd headphone. - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@streetdragon - I know, looks is not everything what a headphone sound. But with newer headphones coming out different styles, Grado just needs to take it to the next step.
There was an Electronic Expo store here which just liquidated lots of headphones including Grados, which I have to confess I did not bother to buy. Moreover when ever I see the boxes, I'm salivating for pizza
i agree on the looks, personally before i steampunk modded it, it looks really odd on my head like 2 frankenstien buldges of black on my head.
i know my buddy hates the look of the MS1i (he uses grados as kind of an example/baseline of ugly looking headphones) though i say its not THAT bad (like the retro,just really plain and heavilly preference based)
Edited by streetdragon - 1/19/13 at 11:05am
This is why Grado are the most polarizing headphone make on head-fi
people can argue about EVERYTHING on them. (not saying anyone here is)
I fell in love with their looks, and their sound.
Firstly their looks.
to me they look like they aren't trying to show how good they are. its like... oh god i don't know, i just melt at the sight of RS2i's.
They are of a sound so radical. you cannot help but smile when some songs come on... and lets be fair, grimace when others do. ;)
A lot of people hate them here because they are different (among other reasons ) but that's why i love them. : >
I hear ya, my brotha.
My dealer in Austin does not have the PS1000 for audition. Maybe just as well.
- Why everyone should have a Grado as their 2nd headphone.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Westone Style UM56 custom sleeves for universal IEMs (REVIEW) 21 seconds ago
- › NEW Astell&Kern AK240 Blue Note Limited Edition - $5,999.00 40 seconds ago
- › HiFiMan HE-560 US Tour Thread / Impressions and Reviews 1 minute ago
- › WTB Code X 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › JH AUDIO BALANCED CABLE FOR ROXANNE WITH 2.5MM PLUG 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Takatsuki Electric TA-300B 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 5 minutes ago
- › Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › VSONIC GR07 by nikhilthecupid
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › Takstar TS-671 by paal0
- › Geben iDA-1 Portable Amp/DAC for iDevices by JoeDoe
- › Fischer Audio Consonance V2 by fonzler
- › Beats Mixr On-Ear Headphones by Flagretro
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)