Hmm i dunno, for slow rock songs that use acoustic guitars i still prefer my SR80i over the DT880, mostly because it's not so analytical, it has a much warmer sound IMO.
Related Forum Threads
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado sr60i or sr80i for customizing Last post on 9/10/12 at 3:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Some advice about Grado headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 11:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are grados the best headphones for rock music? Will i need a headphone amp to reach there full... Last post on 10/6/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
- Grado Modification Overview
Why everyone should have a Grado as their 2nd headphone. - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@streetdragon - I know, looks is not everything what a headphone sound. But with newer headphones coming out different styles, Grado just needs to take it to the next step.
There was an Electronic Expo store here which just liquidated lots of headphones including Grados, which I have to confess I did not bother to buy. Moreover when ever I see the boxes, I'm salivating for pizza
i agree on the looks, personally before i steampunk modded it, it looks really odd on my head like 2 frankenstien buldges of black on my head.
i know my buddy hates the look of the MS1i (he uses grados as kind of an example/baseline of ugly looking headphones) though i say its not THAT bad (like the retro,just really plain and heavilly preference based)
Edited by streetdragon - 1/19/13 at 11:05am
This is why Grado are the most polarizing headphone make on head-fi
people can argue about EVERYTHING on them. (not saying anyone here is)
I fell in love with their looks, and their sound.
Firstly their looks.
to me they look like they aren't trying to show how good they are. its like... oh god i don't know, i just melt at the sight of RS2i's.
They are of a sound so radical. you cannot help but smile when some songs come on... and lets be fair, grimace when others do. ;)
A lot of people hate them here because they are different (among other reasons ) but that's why i love them. : >
I hear ya, my brotha.
My dealer in Austin does not have the PS1000 for audition. Maybe just as well.
- Why everyone should have a Grado as their 2nd headphone.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Headphone Amp / DAC + Astro Mixamp + Other Questions 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qped Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Seattle, WA Tour 5 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 5 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)