New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW ATH-ES700.. - Page 54

post #796 of 1037
I prefer the lamb skin by a good margin.
post #797 of 1037
Alright then the lambskin it is! These ES700 pads are unbearable...
post #798 of 1037
Any idea where to get the ESW9 pads? Bit of googling and checking the audio tech store came up nada.
post #799 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracian View Post

Any idea where to get the ESW9 pads? Bit of googling and checking the audio tech store came up nada.

I got 2 pairs (ESW9a), one from an ebay seller, insanely overpriced. And then I got one from the Swedish ATH support, a lot cheaper. The good news is that they are both exactly the same so I know I got 2 genuine pairs at least. Highly recommend them!

post #800 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracian View Post

Any idea where to get the ESW9 pads? Bit of googling and checking the audio tech store came up nada.
I emailed AT in the US and since you're in Singapore, I'd search for AT in or near your area to inquire.
post #801 of 1037
Alright then, I'll give AT Singapore a call. Damned place is at the other side of the country.


Edit: I've called AT SEA, and apparently the pads are $60 SGD. Also, the lady Said the esw9 pads won't fit the ES700.
Something fishy is going on here and it's not fish. Buying it regardless :P
Edited by Thracian - 9/25/13 at 7:56pm
post #802 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracian View Post

Alright then, I'll give AT Singapore a call. Damned place is at the other side of the country.


Edit: I've called AT SEA, and apparently the pads are $60 SGD. Also, the lady Said the esw9 pads won't fit the ES700.
Something fishy is going on here and it's not fish. Buying it regardless :P

That sounds about right price wise, and they'll fit!

post #803 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracian View Post

Alright then, I'll give AT Singapore a call. Damned place is at the other side of the country.


Edit: I've called AT SEA, and apparently the pads are $60 SGD. Also, the lady Said the esw9 pads won't fit the ES700.
Something fishy is going on here and it's not fish. Buying it regardless :P
The lady is ignorant of the fact she is absolutely incorrect and the esw9 pads fit so perfect it is as if they were meant specifically for the es700, due to it being exact same driver housing size as the esw9..
post #804 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

The lady is ignorant of the fact she is absolutely incorrect and the esw9 pads fit so perfect it is as if they were meant specifically for the es700, due to it being exact same driver housing size as the esw9..
She probably had orders from a superior officer not to sell me those pads. Probably to keep the pads for the apparently more elite ESW9. Though out of all the portable on ear I demoed, the ES700 sounded better then the rest. (I tested basically all the models save for the ESW10JPN) Ironic how the ESW9 is priced so much more but sounds worse, IMO.
post #805 of 1037
Has anyone tried the esw9 pads on the S500s?
post #806 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

Has anyone tried the esw9 pads on the S500s?

post #807 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmBOS View Post
 

 

How's the sound compare to the WS55 pads?

post #808 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post
 

 

How's the sound compare to the WS55 pads?

Bass is more pronounced, very similar to stock pads. I haven't really made up my mind yet if I like the WS55 pads or these better on the S500's. For some reason the difference is much bigger with the ES700's. WS55 pads destroy the bass on the ES700's but just tame it a bit on the S500's.

post #809 of 1037
Read 50 pages of the topic and a little confused.
I can not choose between sw99 and es700.
Listen to mostly alternative, rock, trans (once a month) from my iPhone or PC.
Please help to choose or my brain will blow up.
post #810 of 1037
Thread Starter 

Go for the ES700 and invest in some extra pads and your good to go. The WS99 are solid phones too but these have the higher end sound quality not to mention cheaper.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: