New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW ATH-ES700.. - Page 46

post #676 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


Haha!
forgot to say I am using the esw9 lambskin pads and that the sparkler description was also partially due to me modding them but even stock form, the heart of the lively mids remains.

 

Thanks. And for future reference (and because I am lazy and don't feel like searching), do you know the least expensive source for them?

post #677 of 1057
Burning in with noise files doesn't seem to work for me. Ive tried pink, brown, and white noise. I even have s file that loops through all 3. I've tried the Jlabs thing where it does frequency sweeps and whatnot, but it doesn't do anything.

I like to use drum and bass at high volumes. I hear noticeable improvements almost daily with this method.
post #678 of 1057
Flex the S500's any way that you feel gets the job done. It's the end result that matters,...
post #679 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

Burning in with noise files doesn't seem to work for me. Ive tried pink, brown, and white noise. I even have s file that loops through all 3. I've tried the Jlabs thing where it does frequency sweeps and whatnot, but it doesn't do anything.

I like to use drum and bass at high volumes. I hear noticeable improvements almost daily with this method.
I have noticed a large improvement on my bro's vmoda m100 using same idea as he just blasts them everyday for 8mo.
post #680 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


I have noticed a large improvement on my bro's vmoda m100 using same idea as he just blasts them everyday for 8mo.

8 months?!! :O

post #681 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

8 months?!! :O
Lol I mean he uses them with heavy bass tracks every day since they came out in November. The cans got really smooth and controlled bass.
Kinda similar to a esw9.
Anyway I also do notice my es700 is almost like a monitor headphone in terms of resolution.
Very magnified presense and accurate realistic sound.
post #682 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


Lol I mean he uses them with heavy bass tracks every day since they came out in November. The cans got really smooth and controlled bass.
Kinda similar to a esw9.
Anyway I also do notice my es700 is almost like a monitor headphone in terms of resolution.
Very magnified presense and accurate realistic sound.

Yeah, burning my CKN70s with heavy bass has smoothed them out TREMENDOUSLY.

post #683 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

Yeah, burning my CKN70s with heavy bass has smoothed them out TREMENDOUSLY.


CKN70s are treble-happy, why would bass-heavy tracks smooth them out?

post #684 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post


CKN70s are treble-happy, why would bass-heavy tracks smooth them out?

I'm not sure. Probably because bass heavy music makes the drivers work harder.

post #685 of 1057
Maybe he melt the voice coils! Ha
post #686 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

Maybe he melt the voice coils! Ha

But I thought we were supposed to light them on fire...

post #687 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

But I thought we were supposed to light them on fire...
still wont get like these es700
smily_headphones1.gif
post #688 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


still wont get like these es700
smily_headphones1.gif

Ehh, I think I'll be alright with my AD900X ;)

post #689 of 1057
I need to buy another es700...
As backup and reference point..
I am becoming fairly convinced they some of the most vivid mids ...
Top that off with current low selling price they are a steal..
post #690 of 1057
Can anyone compare the es700 to the mdr v6 for me ? I listen to mostly prog metal. Headphone that i own is the dt770pro and the ms1i. I love the ms1i for metal but i would love some soundstage and i also need a portable closed back headphone. Or should i get other headphone ? Thanks !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: