New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW ATH-ES700.. - Page 28

post #406 of 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


upgrade. .

how so?

post #407 of 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

how so?
In all areas,
Closer to the great sound of the es10.
post #408 of 1004
Edit: double post so I will add here a few comments:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

How are these in comparison to the ESW9's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

how so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezlouise View Post

Another DSnuts post to get me hype again...I bought my ws55 a while back based on your old thread...might have to buy another pair just really curious about how these sound...Although I've been thinking of getting either the es700 or the esw9...does anyone have both of them or had any experience with both of them for a quick comparison?Contemplating between the two made me miss some sweet deals...

 

Besides what I briefly stated about the esw9 last page.
It is my belief from knowledge of inspecting the drivers,
That the es700 has a superior driver. More modern and more detailed and more impactfull, so this close intimate mids share an almost grado like immediacy and realsm is high.
The esw9 is an excellent can in its own right,
With smoothness and delicacy but it is a totally different signature wich is laid back and not as forward in mids and bass is different reminding me of a vmoda m100 for lack of better description.
I enjoyed them but always felt unsatisfied until I herd the intimacy of the jvcs400 wich reminded me of both the es7 forwardness and esw9 smoothness.
From then I had a few others but after I modded these,
With both the interior mod and the lambskin leather pad mod,
the es700 are now my personal favorites for portable use.
Edited by Maxx134 - 4/18/13 at 11:27am
post #409 of 1004

Yea! It's going to come tomorrow! I shipped it with EMS and it was pretty fast. 

 

I was wondering one thing though. Im pretty sure EMS requires a signature, right? I not going to be home when the mailman comes so hopefully the post office can hold it for me.

post #410 of 1004

EMS delivers to your local postal office in case you aren't at home. And it requires a signature of course..

post #411 of 1004
I was getting confused on few songs and so after some comparisons to a few other of my cans, I verified that what I was hearing was correct.
Because of the very viscereal revealing mids of these cans I noticed it with these cans first.
I was able to hear changes in a female vocal wich was previously not as noticeable so didn't bother me and didn't take notice.
Beyoncé mp3 I can hear changes to the equalization and distance on her voice.
post #412 of 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

I was getting confused on few songs and so after some comparisons to a few other of my cans, I verified that what I was hearing was correct.
Because of the very viscereal revealing mids of these cans I noticed it with these cans first.
I was able to hear changes in a female vocal wich was previously not as noticeable so didn't bother me and didn't take notice.
Beyoncé mp3 I can hear changes to the equalization and distance on her voice.

that sounds magical.

damn it, time to get a pair for myself. *looking at wallet

post #413 of 1004

Got it today and im burning it in right now. It sounds pretty darn good right now though. I dont really believe in burn in but it's worth a shot. The bass is a bit loose for my liking but hopefully it will tighten up. The thing that really impressed me was the sound stage! The sound stage for a closed back is spectacular imo. Better soundstage than many closed back headphones ive ever heard let alone an on-ear. Of course i didn't try any real expensive ones like the Denon AH-D500/700.


Edited by audioKyle - 4/17/13 at 8:04pm
post #414 of 1004

Another DSnuts post to get me hype again...I bought my ws55 a while back based on your old thread...might have to buy another pair just really curious about how these sound...Although I've been thinking of getting either the es700 or the esw9...does anyone have both of them or had any experience with both of them for a quick comparison?Contemplating between the two made me miss some sweet deals...
 

post #415 of 1004
Hey I answered your post a few posts up on my double post I edited smily_headphones1.gif
post #416 of 1004

So far I'm loving these. The soundstage is amazing for a closed back on-ear and the midrange is fantastically lush! Vocals have never sounded better!

 

At first the bass seemed a bit loose but i did play some pink noise through it for an hour and have been listening to some music. I don't believe in burn in but it was worth a shot. Not sure if it was the burn in or me just getting used to the headphones but the bass seemed to have gotten tighter and more controlled. Maybe it was just because i was coming from my grado's and he-300's. smily_headphones1.gif


Edited by audioKyle - 4/18/13 at 7:30pm
post #417 of 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioKyle View Post

So far I'm loving these. The soundstage is amazing for a closed back on-ear and the midrange is fantastically lush! Vocals have never sounded better!

At first the bass seemed a bit loose but i did play some pink noise through it for an hour and have been listening to some music. I don't believe in burn in but it was worth a shot. Not sure if it was the burn in or me just getting used to the headphones but the bass seemed to have gotten tighter and more controlled. Maybe it was just because i was coming from my grado's and he-300's. smily_headphones1.gif
yes you would like these as I have found a similarity in overall sound very lively sound.

At the headphone meet today I compared my es700 to the Sennheiser momentums,
and i must say, they were very very nice!.
I have to admit they were very good, much better sounding than the Amperiors I had,
more natural detailed refined and mature sound... I

think they are more sweeter than the sony 1r but not as loud,
in fact these "momentums" are not as loud as my es700 either.

While I am at it, I also compared my es700 directly to the beyer t50p and dt1350  as well, and have to say those are also very very nice...
Really similar in looks and both having refined sound.

So yes it is a sad day for me to have to admit this, because I really like them... but...well..
I like them all...
So with hesitation I will admit to you..

..MY MODDED ES700 MOPPED THE FLOOR WITH THEM ALL.!!!.!!!.!!!
OMG!

I should have known but I was used to just comparing them to the es10 ans ws99 at home,
so I forgot the higher level that the es700 was playing with.
I have to say when amped with a high quality source they sound like a full size can smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by Maxx134 - 4/20/13 at 7:59pm
post #418 of 1004
^ so maxx how about $130 for those bad bois ??? biggrin.gif

c'mon meng hook a brother up.

HYPED!!!
post #419 of 1004

I agree it does sound like a full size can! Right now i don't feel the need to do the mod and also don't want to mess with my warranty but i may give it a go later in the future. Will probably buy the esw9a ear pads for these later.


Edited by audioKyle - 4/20/13 at 8:37pm
post #420 of 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

yes you would like these as I have found a similarity in overall sound very lively sound.

At the headphone meet today I compared my es700 to the Sennheiser momentums,
and i must say, they were very very nice!.
I have to admit they were very good, much better sounding than the Amperiors I had,
more natural detailed refined and mature sound... I

think they are more sweeter than the sony 1r but not as loud,
in fact these "momentums" are not as loud as my es700 either.

While I am at it, I also compared my es700 directly to the beyer t50p and dt1350  as well, and have to say those are also very very nice...
Really similar in looks and both having refined sound.

So yes it is a sad day for me to have to admit this, because I really like them... but...well..
I like them all...
So with hesitation I will admit to you..

..MY MODDED ES700 MOPPED THE FLOOR WITH THEM ALL.!!!.!!!.!!!
OMG!

I should have known but I was used to just comparing them to the es10 ans ws99 at home,
so I forgot the higher level that the es700 was playing with.
I have to say when amped with a high quality source they sound like a full size can smily_headphones1.gif

Can you please provide the detail on your modded es-700? I'm awaiting my own set of ES-700 and curioust to know.

Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: