New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW ATH-ES700.. - Page 11

post #151 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by paugustin View Post

I had a pair of ES7 and I own a pair of ATH-AD700 also.

 

AD700 are very different being open cans.

 

ES7 however can take the comparison. Sound signature is close (as far as I can remember) but somehow I find the ES700 better. They sound more detailed, clearer. I've ad very little time to listen to them so it's difficult to judge. They sound damn good on classical music soudstage is very open for closed cans and everything souds just right, tones are very well reproduced from low to high. Rock music : they are punchy and bassy but not too much. Mids and highs are well balanced. Electronic music : Dancefloor is in your head! Jazz : OK I can swear that trumpet was just whistling in my ear !

 

 

Back on comfort : if you own(ed) a pair of ES7... well you will regret that AT didn't apply this receipe before ! They rest on your head just like the ES7 but with a soft cushion on the headband (so it won't hurt) and earpads are thicker too which is a good thing as they still apply pressure on your ears.

 

Cable : AT also learned its lesson here ! Cable looks sturdy, L shaped plug and it seems the cable is twisted too. Hope the soldering on the speakers is better too.

 

So far it seems to be an improved version of the ES7 and that's exactly what I was looking for !

 

Nice comparison, thanks.

 

Reading the thread, it seems that the ES700 is a slightly tweaked version of the ES7, housed in slightly better materials.

 

It is quite a shame, since I only got my ES7 a couple of months back - the ES700 promptly arrived a month after. Still, they look like a nice sidegrade from the ES7. I really dislike the clamp/discomfort of listening on the ES7, to be honest.

 

Anyway, to all ES7/ES700 owners, how does the ES700 fare in EDM when compared with the ES7? I listen primarily to EDM, so this is the main selling point for me. Thanks in advance!

post #152 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

 

Actually both sound wonderful..Both do trance extremely well.

 

Great mix by the way. 

Thanks man!

 

I'm just waiting for these to drop in price coz of the Yen fluctuations.

 

Then I will definitely consider ordering some. biggrin.gif

 

Btw, it would be nice to see a direct comparison between the ES700 and S500. wink.gif

post #153 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

Nice comparison, thanks.

Reading the thread, it seems that the ES700 is a slightly tweaked version of the ES7, housed in slightly better materials.
I would have to respectfully disagree,
As I owned three es7 at one time,
And only the oldest one had a very slight increase in midrange & detail.
The newer ones had great sound as well.
There was no amount of burn in to make them approach the level of detail of my esw9 at the time.
So for these 700 to surpass the esw9,
They have to be a cconsiderable step up,
Even over the "ws" series,
as they are, the "earsuit" line ..

Also for those that have excessive clamp issues ,
You can perform the slight bend mod,
That users did with the es7.
Edit: no they cannot be bent. They are much stronger.
Edited by Maxx134 - 2/12/13 at 8:40pm
post #154 of 1037

I never heard of the ES9 or did you meant ESW9?

post #155 of 1037
Yes sorry esw9 in my avatar.
They were the most beautiful to me as well,
so I keep that pic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cky8 View Post

I never heard of the ES9 or did you meant ESW9?
Also I would assume the s500 much more v shape in signature. .
post #156 of 1037
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post

Thanks man!

 

I'm just waiting for these to drop in price coz of the Yen fluctuations.

 

Then I will definitely consider ordering some. biggrin.gif

 

Btw, it would be nice to see a direct comparison between the ES700 and S500. wink.gif


Here is the deal. I don't think these ES700s are a upgrade for EDM . They would actually be a side grade from your HA-S500..I would wait because with the yen falling the way it is. I decided to take the plunge and get something that might be a bit more proper for EDM.. The ES700 are less for synthetic sound vs more natural one meaning they perform at a high quality level for vocals and instruments but for EDM..You have and excellent can for that already. You want and upgrade and my natural curiosity got the better of me.  The SQ is outstanding but I have a feeling these next cans I am gonna get will be more proper for your use.. I decided to go ahead and try out a WS99.. Will start a thread for them if I feel they are worthy.

 

The price difference between the ES700 and the WS99 is not that far off.. Something tells me these might be the ultimate trance cans. Just a guess. 53mm Drivers.. Will have them soon.

post #157 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


I would have to respectfully disagree,
As I owned three es7 at one time,
And only the oldest one had a very slight increase in midrange & detail.
The newer ones had great sound as well.
There was no amount of burn in to make them approach the level of detail of my esw9 at the time.
So for these 700 to surpass the esw9,
They have to be a cconsiderable step up,
Even over the "ws" series,
as they are, the "earsuit" line ..

Also for those that have excessive clamp issues ,
You can perform the slight bend mod,
That users did with the es7.
By having them almost fully retracted in,
Showing just the bend and firmly holding close to it,
and then apply pressure to slightly straighten out .
I am assuming from looking at them so I cannot confirm.

 

Thanks for the input. So are you saying that the ES700 is merely a pure sidegrade in terms of sound and build quality? Are the differences too minor to tell between the 2?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post


Here is the deal. I don't think these ES700s are a upgrade for EDM . They would actually be a side grade from your HA-S500..I would wait because with the yen falling the way it is. I decided to take the plunge and get something that might be a bit more proper for EDM.. The ES700 are less for synthetic sound vs more natural one meaning they perform at a high quality level for vocals and instruments but for EDM..You have and excellent can for that already. You want and upgrade and my natural curiosity got the better of me.  The SQ is outstanding but I have a feeling these next cans I am gonna get will be more proper for your use.. I decided to go ahead and try out a WS99.. Will start a thread for them if I feel they are worthy.

 

The price difference between the ES700 and the WS99 is not that far off.. Something tells me these might be the ultimate trance cans. Just a guess. 53mm Drivers.. Will have them soon.

 

Hey DSnuts, I was about to ask you about the WS99 myself. I saw them on sale the other day, and I actually thought of you haha! Will love to hear your impressions of the WS99. I have the WS55, but I am looking to get something a little bassier, but with the same punch and depth. I am hoping the WS99 will fit the bill just right. smile.gif

post #158 of 1037
Thread Starter 

Ya with my recent garage sale on the sale forums. First time I ever tried that actually. I ended up selling a bunch of stuff which was a revelation. Lol. But ya I am gonna order one today. I was gonna wait till the new ATH-CKN70s came out but that is not until the 15th. That is half a month I gotta wait. I will have my WS99s burning in by then I hope. Will do it up right if these are gonna be what I think they are. The main reason why I think these will be winners is because I own the CKS1000. These turned out to be the best AT earphones I have ever heard. So we will see.

 

Just pulled the trigger. Came up to $176 on Amazon Japan.  I am gonna guess I will pay a bit over $200 for these shipped to me. Great deal for cans that are supposed to be $300. Excited to try them for certain. With the way the Yen is falling I am gonna guess they will be cheaper in a week by a few bucks even.

 

I have my Japanese Premium headphone guide my buddy sent to me from Japan and I am checking out how they rate the WS99.. 5 out of 5 stars for Dance/Edm. Oh yes. You gotta believe these are gonna have the right amount of balance stage and that bass.

 

The ES700 is a bit too high end elegant sounding for EDM lol. It sounds right for edm of course but when you want that proper club like sound for EDM. That sound has to be nasty. You guys know what I'm talking about. I always knew I would eventually get one. It was just a matter of timing..It is time.


Edited by Dsnuts - 1/31/13 at 11:08am
post #159 of 1037
Great, im looking forward to your impressions of the WS99
post #160 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Ya with my recent garage sale on the sale forums. First time I ever tried that actually. I ended up selling a bunch of stuff which was a revelation. Lol. But ya I am gonna order one today. I was gonna wait till the new ATH-CKN70s came out but that is not until the 15th. That is half a month I gotta wait. I will have my WS99s burning in by then I hope. Will do it up right if these are gonna be what I think they are. The main reason why I think these will be winners is because I own the CKS1000. These turned out to be the best AT earphones I have ever heard. So we will see.

 

Just pulled the trigger. Came up to $176 on Amazon Japan.  I am gonna guess I will pay a bit over $200 for these shipped to me. Great deal for cans that are supposed to be $300. Excited to try them for certain. With the way the Yen is falling I am gonna guess they will be cheaper in a week by a few bucks even.

 

I have my Japanese Premium headphone guide my buddy sent to me from Japan and I am checking out how they rate the WS99.. 5 out of 5 stars for Dance/Edm. Oh yes. You gotta believe these are gonna have the right amount of balance stage and that bass.

 

The ES700 is a bit too high end elegant sounding for EDM lol. It sounds right for edm of course but when you want that proper club like sound for EDM. That sound has to be nasty. You guys know what I'm talking about. I always knew I would eventually get one. It was just a matter of timing..It is time.

 

Awesome. Can't wait to read about your thoughts on the new WS99. With the way Audio-Technica are working with their WS "Solid Bass" line, I have a feeling it will be a winner. I really like the WS55, but I've always felt that it was lacking in bass quantity.

 

Still, the WS99 comes in at almost double the price of the WS55, so I'm expecting really good things form them.

 

Hope you get your cans in soon, bro!

post #161 of 1037
Thread Starter 

I had somewhat of a set back from my last purchase from Amazon Japan because of all things. LA customs. Those guys like to make sure I didn't order any plutonium or something. They held my ES700 for almost a week extra.. So as long as somehow I get through a different customs office I should have them in 7-8 days. I hope.

post #162 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

I had somewhat of a set back from my last purchase from Amazon Japan because of all things. LA customs. Those guys like to make sure I didn't order any plutonium or something. They held my ES700 for almost a week extra.. So as long as somehow I get through a different customs office I should have them in 7-8 days. I hope.

 

Haha. So Amazon Japan sells plutonium shaped in headphones molded in the ES700 frame? Nice. biggrin.gif

post #163 of 1037

I had an hour audition on ES700 at Jaben yesterday. I can confirm what Dsnuts says about this excellent piece. Energetic yet smooth. Bass response is good for a small cup portable. Female vocal has an added fullness to it as opposed to CKM500. WS55 pads look just what ES700 needed, a slightly bigger ones. I had listened to ES88, this is much better. ES88 sounds flat to me, no depth.

post #164 of 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtomo View Post

I had an hour audition on ES700 at Jaben yesterday. I can confirm what Dsnuts says about this excellent piece. Energetic yet smooth. Bass response is good for a small cup portable. Female vocal has an added fullness to it as opposed to CKM500. WS55 pads look just what ES700 needed, a slightly bigger ones. I had listened to ES88, this is much better. ES88 sounds flat to me, no depth.

 

Ahh that's good. It sounds like the ES7 - bass response is full bodied, strong but not overpowering. If the ES700 is a slight upgrade in terms of comfort and sound quality, it might just very well be worth the sticker price.

 

Btw, which Jaben did you visit?

post #165 of 1037

Just pulled the trigger on a pair. Coming from 2 years plus ownership of a pair of ES7 I have high hopes for these.

Was considering the ESW9 and ES10 but from my memories of auditioning them, the ESW9 were a little too laid back for me and the ES10 had too powerful bass. Ended up with a pair of UM3x RC, totally side tracked, I know. blink.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: