New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW ATH-ES700.. - Page 71

post #1051 of 1057
a natural progression from the ES700 would be the Onkyo300,
and a natural progression from the esw9 would be the AKG545.
Also if you want to stay small, a side option is the Mikros90 but modding is necessary to get the comfort and bass but it is very detailed stock..

All other cans I tried had only some attributes but my main attraction to a headphone is realism an life (not dull or lifeless ) and alot of very, very good cans out there do not give realism the same.
many may sound technically correct but still lack some life (example:focal spirit pro & kef m500) only compared to others like the top ones I recommend and if you never compared you would never realize and be happy regardless because ignorance is bliss..
as they are still very good cans but we are talking about top comparisons and they are still above most mid tier headphones
tongue.gif
Edited by Maxx134 - 10/11/14 at 2:48pm
post #1052 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

a natural progression from the ES700 would be the Onkyo300,
and a natural progression from the esw9 would be the AKG545.
Also if you want to stay small, a side option is the Mikros90 but modding is necessary to get the comfort and bass but it is very detailed stock..

All other cans I tried had only some attributes but my main attraction to a headphone is realism an life (not dull or lifeless ) and alot of very, very good cans out there do not give realism the same.
many may sound technically correct but still lack some life (example:focal spirit pro & kef m500) only compared to others like the top ones I recommend and if you never compared you would never realize and be happy regardless because ignorance is bliss..
as they are still very good cans but we are talking about top comparisons and they are still above most mid tier headphones
tongue.gif

Can you make an impression on onkyo es-fc300 vs es700?
post #1053 of 1057
I no longer have an impression in my mind of the es700 because I only have my es700woodie.

I do know the es700 moded is very much like the es10.

Although the onkyo has high realism overall in its signature, I think the es700 has best vocals.
onkyo beats es700 mainly in bass and some more size (Soundstage )
post #1054 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

a natural progression from the ES700 would be the Onkyo300,
and a natural progression from the esw9 would be the AKG545.
Also if you want to stay small, a side option is the Mikros90 but modding is necessary to get the comfort and bass but it is very detailed stock..

All other cans I tried had only some attributes but my main attraction to a headphone is realism an life (not dull or lifeless ) and alot of very, very good cans out there do not give realism the same.
many may sound technically correct but still lack some life (example:focal spirit pro & kef m500) only compared to others like the top ones I recommend and if you never compared you would never realize and be happy regardless because ignorance is bliss..
as they are still very good cans but we are talking about top comparisons and they are still above most mid tier headphones
tongue.gif

If you want realism.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/738758/new-audio-technica-sound-reality-headphones-ath-msr7-and-ath-msr7ltd#post_10969598

 

Save your money for this!

post #1055 of 1057
Looks like its time to look for people selling esw9 housing or pairs with broken driver :P
post #1056 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by justgotlucky123 View Post


Can you make an impression on onkyo es-fc300 vs es700?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

I no longer have an impression in my mind of the es700 because I only have my es700woodie.

I do know the es700 moded is very much like the es10.

Although the onkyo has high realism overall in its signature, I think the es700 has best vocals.
onkyo beats es700 mainly in bass and some more size (Soundstage )

 

I have both, and can say they are both favorites of mine. FC300 (or HF300) are bigger, with bigger cups, so the soundstage is more open, and sound is smoother overall. If you would rather the more intimate/exciting sound then the es700 are the way to go... and easier for portability. Stock the bass of the 300 are more present, but EQed the es700 can outdo them.

post #1057 of 1057

When i was in audio store and did listening of all kind of portable headphones, these were second best after es10. Beating many more popular and more expensive headphones, like Momentum for example. They are sadly quite overpriced in Europe. I bought them from German online shop for 270 dollars, which is like 2/3s of price of es10, which is just too much, considering how much better es10 are. But prices on Amazon are more like 1/4 of price of es10 and thats a different story.

 

Sound signature:

Mid centric. No soundstage. Good lows but not as deep and strong as es10 or m50. Not very clear and lacking highs and dynamic compared to es10. Warm mids with "full sound" due to strong and accurate sub bass.

 

PROs

look

weight

sound

price (depends where you live)

headband comfort

 

NEGATIVES

synthetic leather pads - bad ear comfort

bad sound isolation


Edited by vincik - 11/2/14 at 8:43am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: