- 2 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productKRK KNS6400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/15/13
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
Related Forum Threads
- flat response roundup (under $250 closed circumaural) Last post on 11/20/12 at 12:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help With Headphone Selection Last post on 12/20/12 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for ~$300 audiophile headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't deside, help me choose cans for ~150e Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
hifi or studio?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm about to make an order to thomann with some friends... and I was about to buy some new headphones. I have some simple Sennheiser HD215's right now. When I use them for producing, I only use them for arranging and composing, not mixing, because I've had a bad experience from previous attempts. Everything sounded ok on hphones but the overall mix lacked balance on better speakers. The headphones masked mistakes. Not surprising as these are not designed for this purpose. Thing is, I'm lately forced to produce only during nighttime lately, and I'm seeking a solution for the problem. So I need a new set of them, with the general purpose of producing on them but with the ability of doing a decent mix. But when I have entered the headphone section of online shops like Thomann, there's the choice between studio and hifi headphones. Looks like I'm looking for a flat spectrum response, so at first sight the hifi might be the most suitable. Seems to me that studio headphones are more oriented towards recording musicians, isolating from the enviroment... What do I need? I'm looking for some decent low end headphones on the 100-180Eur range?
KRK KNS 8400
KRK KNS 6400
AKG K271 MKII
AKG K272 HD
Hifi and anything 'studio' are moreso marketing lingo than actual terminology. And you are correct, the majority of headphones that are used in the studio are used because they're cheap, seal well and easily replaceable.
I don't think you'll find much to be truly refined and balanced in that price range, but EQ'ing any of them will go a long way.
- hifi or studio?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 36 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 59 seconds ago
- › beyer dt770, 880, 990 replacement pad/cushion--softskin, gel,... 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3