- 2 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productKRK KNS6400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/15/13
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
Related Forum Threads
- flat response roundup (under $250 closed circumaural) Last post on 11/20/12 at 12:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help With Headphone Selection Last post on 12/20/12 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for ~$300 audiophile headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't deside, help me choose cans for ~150e Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/21/14
I bought these at less than half retail on a whim from Audio Advisor, looking to replace my aging Sennheiser HD 580's. Look at the picture...these are VERY NICELY made headphones! All aluminum...
The HM5 Velours are quite simply, an uber-comfortable pad for HM5/Shure/Beyer/ATH/(most large circumaural headphones). I was offered a review sample from Brainwavz and have the following to say...
Almost 2 months with these gems. I simply love these IEMs. I paired them against my Shure SE215 and the Havi B3 Pro 1 and I briefly pit them against the UE700s and Klipsch S4II. I am definitely no...
This is my first proper set of over ears, and I'm quite surprised! The bass is fast, punchy and has enough weight to satisfy the slight basshead in me. The treble is a bit laid back for me, and I...
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
hifi or studio?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm about to make an order to thomann with some friends... and I was about to buy some new headphones. I have some simple Sennheiser HD215's right now. When I use them for producing, I only use them for arranging and composing, not mixing, because I've had a bad experience from previous attempts. Everything sounded ok on hphones but the overall mix lacked balance on better speakers. The headphones masked mistakes. Not surprising as these are not designed for this purpose. Thing is, I'm lately forced to produce only during nighttime lately, and I'm seeking a solution for the problem. So I need a new set of them, with the general purpose of producing on them but with the ability of doing a decent mix. But when I have entered the headphone section of online shops like Thomann, there's the choice between studio and hifi headphones. Looks like I'm looking for a flat spectrum response, so at first sight the hifi might be the most suitable. Seems to me that studio headphones are more oriented towards recording musicians, isolating from the enviroment... What do I need? I'm looking for some decent low end headphones on the 100-180Eur range?
KRK KNS 8400
KRK KNS 6400
AKG K271 MKII
AKG K272 HD
Hifi and anything 'studio' are moreso marketing lingo than actual terminology. And you are correct, the majority of headphones that are used in the studio are used because they're cheap, seal well and easily replaceable.
I don't think you'll find much to be truly refined and balanced in that price range, but EQ'ing any of them will go a long way.
- hifi or studio?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 35 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 vs Sennheiser hd 598 2 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-300 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by JoeDoe
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by audiobean
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by donnot
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)