- 2 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productKRK KNS6400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/15/13
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
Related Forum Threads
- flat response roundup (under $250 closed circumaural) Last post on 11/20/12 at 12:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help With Headphone Selection Last post on 12/20/12 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for ~$300 audiophile headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't deside, help me choose cans for ~150e Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
hifi or studio?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm about to make an order to thomann with some friends... and I was about to buy some new headphones. I have some simple Sennheiser HD215's right now. When I use them for producing, I only use them for arranging and composing, not mixing, because I've had a bad experience from previous attempts. Everything sounded ok on hphones but the overall mix lacked balance on better speakers. The headphones masked mistakes. Not surprising as these are not designed for this purpose. Thing is, I'm lately forced to produce only during nighttime lately, and I'm seeking a solution for the problem. So I need a new set of them, with the general purpose of producing on them but with the ability of doing a decent mix. But when I have entered the headphone section of online shops like Thomann, there's the choice between studio and hifi headphones. Looks like I'm looking for a flat spectrum response, so at first sight the hifi might be the most suitable. Seems to me that studio headphones are more oriented towards recording musicians, isolating from the enviroment... What do I need? I'm looking for some decent low end headphones on the 100-180Eur range?
KRK KNS 8400
KRK KNS 6400
AKG K271 MKII
AKG K272 HD
Hifi and anything 'studio' are moreso marketing lingo than actual terminology. And you are correct, the majority of headphones that are used in the studio are used because they're cheap, seal well and easily replaceable.
I don't think you'll find much to be truly refined and balanced in that price range, but EQ'ing any of them will go a long way.
- hifi or studio?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 47 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD439 review 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 2 minutes ago
- › Conflicting information on Cables and other audiophile components. 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 2 minutes ago
- › -The Discovery of the New Ivery IS-1 (or Liberty 1’s) -Believe the... 2 minutes ago
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)