- 2 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productKRK KNS6400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/15/13
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/13
Related Forum Threads
- flat response roundup (under $250 closed circumaural) Last post on 11/20/12 at 12:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help With Headphone Selection Last post on 12/20/12 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for ~$300 audiophile headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't deside, help me choose cans for ~150e Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
hifi or studio?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm about to make an order to thomann with some friends... and I was about to buy some new headphones. I have some simple Sennheiser HD215's right now. When I use them for producing, I only use them for arranging and composing, not mixing, because I've had a bad experience from previous attempts. Everything sounded ok on hphones but the overall mix lacked balance on better speakers. The headphones masked mistakes. Not surprising as these are not designed for this purpose. Thing is, I'm lately forced to produce only during nighttime lately, and I'm seeking a solution for the problem. So I need a new set of them, with the general purpose of producing on them but with the ability of doing a decent mix. But when I have entered the headphone section of online shops like Thomann, there's the choice between studio and hifi headphones. Looks like I'm looking for a flat spectrum response, so at first sight the hifi might be the most suitable. Seems to me that studio headphones are more oriented towards recording musicians, isolating from the enviroment... What do I need? I'm looking for some decent low end headphones on the 100-180Eur range?
KRK KNS 8400
KRK KNS 6400
AKG K271 MKII
AKG K272 HD
Hifi and anything 'studio' are moreso marketing lingo than actual terminology. And you are correct, the majority of headphones that are used in the studio are used because they're cheap, seal well and easily replaceable.
I don't think you'll find much to be truly refined and balanced in that price range, but EQ'ing any of them will go a long way.
- hifi or studio?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Auralic Gemini 35 seconds ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 1 minute ago
- › HD600 vs DT990 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 5 minutes ago
- › Metrum NOS Hex Flagship DAC 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 9 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)