Yo~ New here and I'd thought I jump in here right away. XD
Anyway, I've been searching for some good headphones for the past week, and I just don't even know where to start. I've looked at a ton of brands, and just..I don't even know. I'm not really a picky audiophile, even an audiophile in general (nor do I even know what half of the terms even mean), but I need something light, portable, and sounds very good.
So for the past few years I have been using Skullcandys (Skullcrushers to be exact), which I know are definitely not the best. You get what you pay for after all, but they were good for a high school graduate with no stable job. Oh, and I've tried the famous Beats by Dr.Dre. I don't really like them, so they're out of the question for me.
Now that I do have some sort of income in art, I'm venturing into the more expensive, and hopefully a lot better headphones. I'm looking for something based on this criteria, so if anyone could direct me to something that would fit, I'd really appreciate it. I need something:
- Over-ear headphones. On-Ear headphones are uncomfortable for me.
- That sounds good with multiple music genres. I mainly listen to Hardcore/Happy Hardcore Techno/Electronic, DnB, and Dubstep, but I also listen to a ton of OSTs from video games, which range greatly. So something that sounds excellent with multiple genres.
- EXCELLENT bass. This is important for me. I love to hear my bass in my music, while the Skullcrushers I currently own aren't the best sounding, I do enjoy the amount of bass I get from them. Maybe something with bass similar to them? Preferably something that doesn't have TOO much bass.
- Something not incredibly expensive? Maybe around $250 or less.
- Something that's pretty study, both design wise, and wire-wise (I've had issues in the past with wires just screwing up, or breaking). I would like them to last for a LONG time.
- Headphones that DO NOT require some kind of portable amp. I travel around a lot, and I need something that sounds good on its own. I can't be lugging an amp around with me.
- Good looking. I would like something that looks good. Clean and stylish, preferably not too big. I like color, so having color choices is a plus.
- EXCELLENT sound quality. I want to be able to hear everything in my music~ :3
- Comfortable. I listen to music for HOURS especially when I'm drawing for others, so something that won't hurt my ears after a while.
- Clamps the head nicely. I've had issues with Over-Ear headphones being too big or having poor clamping, and sliding off every time I bend down or lay my head back.
- And finally, something that fits MOST portable music players, and smartphones/androids (I have an older iPod, but will probably upgrade). I've had trouble with some headphones not fitting one or the other, which is strange to me to begin with.
I know that sounds somewhat picky (more design picky), but if you guys can direct me to something matching at least some of those traits, I would be super grateful.
I HAVE been looking at these, so if anyone has any details/reviews on these, I'd love to hear them.
Thanks in advance~ :3