- 20 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- p5 v p7 v mdr1 v vmoda 100 v m50 v momentum. Which one? Last post on 12/21/13 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full-size headphone dilemma Help Last post on 9/17/13 at 8:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under 400 Last post on 3/3/14 at 4:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
Momentum vs. M-100 - Page 3post #31 of 416/18/13 at 2:53amDoes the momentum really need an amp??? Is it compatible with ipods a,mp3 players and android devices??
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 416/18/13 at 9:02ampost #33 of 416/18/13 at 9:04amQuote:
The momentum has around +5 db bass emphasis, M100 has roughly +8db.post #34 of 416/22/13 at 11:57pmpost #35 of 416/23/13 at 9:25am
Very subjective question. To my ears and the type of music I listen to (mostly contemporary genres) the M100 destroys the Momentum. Everyone has different preferences for diff signatures, best to just go try them on yourself at a store. Some other ones relatively in the same ball part in audio fidelity are UE6000, MDR 1R, PSB M4U1, Shure 940.post #36 of 416/23/13 at 9:37ampost #37 of 416/23/13 at 3:12pmQuote:
You can get the kef m500, which I feel is much better than the 1r in every way. The m500 is $300 though, while the 1r is only around $230.post #38 of 418/18/13 at 12:53ampost #39 of 418/18/13 at 3:08am
I've read on here the momentum on ears are less neutral than the original momentums..something about more bass iirc.
I haven't really heard all the nice headphones on here that ppl rave about but just wanted to put my 2c in that the sennheiser amperiors are awesome for metal. I also listen to a lot of death, melodic, black, funeral doom etc etc and couldn't really be happier with the amperiors. My staples are Opeth and Dark Tranquillity, and the amperiors absolutely rock with them. I've found the amperiors also to scale up ok with upgrades (i re-ripped my music to 320 mp3, upgraded to a copper cable and bought an e11 amp).
I have listened to the momentums (originals) and imho they don't suit metal too well. The bass is maybe a bit there too much, and they also felt too slow for fast metal music.
Seems it's not easy to find good portables (or even any headphones) for metal, compared to any other genre :(
Could be that metal listeners are a minority, compared to all other genres that ppl listen to on here ?
Oh, my mate also bought a set of amperiors after listening to mine. He is loving them also and he listens to a lot of punk/screamo etc. They are very lively sounding...perfect for our music.post #40 of 418/21/13 at 10:24ampost #41 of 418/21/13 at 10:30amQuote:
- Momentum vs. M-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 15 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 19 seconds ago
- › $150-$200 Over Ear Headphone Recommendation 37 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 38 seconds ago
- › Bob Dylan albums - Itunes vs. everything else. 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Commodore 64 music - binaural mix 2 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 3 minutes ago
- › Battlefield 4 3 minutes ago
- › Best DAC/Amp combo for movies and Grado RS1 headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude