- 28 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- p5 v p7 v mdr1 v vmoda 100 v m50 v momentum. Which one? Last post on 12/21/13 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full-size headphone dilemma Help Last post on 9/17/13 at 8:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under 400 Last post on 3/3/14 at 4:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
Momentum vs. M-100 - Page 3post #31 of 416/18/13 at 2:53amDoes the momentum really need an amp??? Is it compatible with ipods a,mp3 players and android devices??
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 416/18/13 at 9:02ampost #33 of 416/18/13 at 9:04amQuote:
The momentum has around +5 db bass emphasis, M100 has roughly +8db.post #34 of 416/22/13 at 11:57pmpost #35 of 416/23/13 at 9:25am
Very subjective question. To my ears and the type of music I listen to (mostly contemporary genres) the M100 destroys the Momentum. Everyone has different preferences for diff signatures, best to just go try them on yourself at a store. Some other ones relatively in the same ball part in audio fidelity are UE6000, MDR 1R, PSB M4U1, Shure 940.post #36 of 416/23/13 at 9:37ampost #37 of 416/23/13 at 3:12pmQuote:
You can get the kef m500, which I feel is much better than the 1r in every way. The m500 is $300 though, while the 1r is only around $230.post #38 of 418/18/13 at 12:53ampost #39 of 418/18/13 at 3:08am
I've read on here the momentum on ears are less neutral than the original momentums..something about more bass iirc.
I haven't really heard all the nice headphones on here that ppl rave about but just wanted to put my 2c in that the sennheiser amperiors are awesome for metal. I also listen to a lot of death, melodic, black, funeral doom etc etc and couldn't really be happier with the amperiors. My staples are Opeth and Dark Tranquillity, and the amperiors absolutely rock with them. I've found the amperiors also to scale up ok with upgrades (i re-ripped my music to 320 mp3, upgraded to a copper cable and bought an e11 amp).
I have listened to the momentums (originals) and imho they don't suit metal too well. The bass is maybe a bit there too much, and they also felt too slow for fast metal music.
Seems it's not easy to find good portables (or even any headphones) for metal, compared to any other genre :(
Could be that metal listeners are a minority, compared to all other genres that ppl listen to on here ?
Oh, my mate also bought a set of amperiors after listening to mine. He is loving them also and he listens to a lot of punk/screamo etc. They are very lively sounding...perfect for our music.post #40 of 418/21/13 at 10:24ampost #41 of 418/21/13 at 10:30amQuote:
- Momentum vs. M-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 14 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 32 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › best headphone/amp combo for Classical. 1 minute ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob