- 66 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? Last post on 11/16/14 at 6:31am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- p5 v p7 v mdr1 v vmoda 100 v m50 v momentum. Which one? Last post on 12/21/13 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full-size headphone dilemma Help Last post on 9/17/13 at 8:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
I only read about them. I never tried them on. I never heard them. That's not something one normally does when parting with several hundred dollars or more for headphones. But, what I had read...
Want to preface this by presenting this picture, I'm not a TROLL or a A-Hole, I just like to mock the fu** out of headphones I dislike. This time its time for the "Fehlerhaft...
So I have essentially re-p[purchased a pair of K702s, in as much as I previously owned and sold a pair of K701s I had got rid of the K701s because I just wasn't using them much, due to the fact...
In two words, hugely disappointing. I was looking for an open-back 'phone to use as an alternative to my AKG 550s and having owned Sennheiser HD 600s and AKG K701s previously, I thought I give...
Thinksound is a company that’s focussed on sustainable and environmentally conscious headphones. In fact, they even offer a recycling program for headphones with a bonus if you recycle their...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Momentum vs. M-100 - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The momentum has around +5 db bass emphasis, M100 has roughly +8db.
Very subjective question. To my ears and the type of music I listen to (mostly contemporary genres) the M100 destroys the Momentum. Everyone has different preferences for diff signatures, best to just go try them on yourself at a store. Some other ones relatively in the same ball part in audio fidelity are UE6000, MDR 1R, PSB M4U1, Shure 940.
You can get the kef m500, which I feel is much better than the 1r in every way. The m500 is $300 though, while the 1r is only around $230.
I've read on here the momentum on ears are less neutral than the original momentums..something about more bass iirc.
I haven't really heard all the nice headphones on here that ppl rave about but just wanted to put my 2c in that the sennheiser amperiors are awesome for metal. I also listen to a lot of death, melodic, black, funeral doom etc etc and couldn't really be happier with the amperiors. My staples are Opeth and Dark Tranquillity, and the amperiors absolutely rock with them. I've found the amperiors also to scale up ok with upgrades (i re-ripped my music to 320 mp3, upgraded to a copper cable and bought an e11 amp).
I have listened to the momentums (originals) and imho they don't suit metal too well. The bass is maybe a bit there too much, and they also felt too slow for fast metal music.
Seems it's not easy to find good portables (or even any headphones) for metal, compared to any other genre :(
Could be that metal listeners are a minority, compared to all other genres that ppl listen to on here ?
Oh, my mate also bought a set of amperiors after listening to mine. He is loving them also and he listens to a lot of punk/screamo etc. They are very lively sounding...perfect for our music.
- Momentum vs. M-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 seconds ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood (NEW ZMF FLAGSHIP!!!) Thread. 15 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 28 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 48 seconds ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › best monitor desktop speakers for <$500 per pair 2 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)