- 66 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? Last post on 9/21/14 at 1:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- p5 v p7 v mdr1 v vmoda 100 v m50 v momentum. Which one? Last post on 12/21/13 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full-size headphone dilemma Help Last post on 9/17/13 at 8:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Momentum vs. M-100 - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The momentum has around +5 db bass emphasis, M100 has roughly +8db.
Very subjective question. To my ears and the type of music I listen to (mostly contemporary genres) the M100 destroys the Momentum. Everyone has different preferences for diff signatures, best to just go try them on yourself at a store. Some other ones relatively in the same ball part in audio fidelity are UE6000, MDR 1R, PSB M4U1, Shure 940.
You can get the kef m500, which I feel is much better than the 1r in every way. The m500 is $300 though, while the 1r is only around $230.
I've read on here the momentum on ears are less neutral than the original momentums..something about more bass iirc.
I haven't really heard all the nice headphones on here that ppl rave about but just wanted to put my 2c in that the sennheiser amperiors are awesome for metal. I also listen to a lot of death, melodic, black, funeral doom etc etc and couldn't really be happier with the amperiors. My staples are Opeth and Dark Tranquillity, and the amperiors absolutely rock with them. I've found the amperiors also to scale up ok with upgrades (i re-ripped my music to 320 mp3, upgraded to a copper cable and bought an e11 amp).
I have listened to the momentums (originals) and imho they don't suit metal too well. The bass is maybe a bit there too much, and they also felt too slow for fast metal music.
Seems it's not easy to find good portables (or even any headphones) for metal, compared to any other genre :(
Could be that metal listeners are a minority, compared to all other genres that ppl listen to on here ?
Oh, my mate also bought a set of amperiors after listening to mine. He is loving them also and he listens to a lot of punk/screamo etc. They are very lively sounding...perfect for our music.
- Momentum vs. M-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 49 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 1 minute ago
- › I have $1000 for audio in my new computer build. Is this my best... 1 minute ago
- › What are the best budget dynamic/BA hybrid IEMs? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 3 minutes ago
- › New sound card advice 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Which Upgrade for Tech Dummy 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)