As you all probably already know i love the DT770, however i wouldnt recommend it for metal. For metal you may be best off with the mad dogs. I would also try a DT880.
Related Forum Threads
- Alas! an increase in budget. [Recommendations] Last post on 11/9/12 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- 300$ Headphones - what to buy? Last post on 12/18/12 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphone setup for less than $400 Last post on 12/30/12 at 10:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Mad Dogs vs. SRH 840 vs. DT770 for Rock/Metal. - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hey, how did you end up liking the mad dogs for your music? I've been scouring these parts for some good closed phones for prog/metal/djent/electronic listening.
P.S. I don't quite understand what's so faux pas about resurrecting an old thread if there is more good content to add to it. Sorry if this disturbs the peace...
- Mad Dogs vs. SRH 840 vs. DT770 for Rock/Metal.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 10 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 15 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 29 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 35 seconds ago
- › World's first portable Hybrid Valve Headphone Amplifier (with a... 45 seconds ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 1 minute ago
- › intercast+918437414770 love marriage vashikaran specialist babaji 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic earpads lifetime 3 minutes ago
- › Black +918437414770magic specialist baba ji 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2