As you all probably already know i love the DT770, however i wouldnt recommend it for metal. For metal you may be best off with the mad dogs. I would also try a DT880.
Related Forum Threads
- Alas! an increase in budget. [Recommendations] Last post on 11/9/12 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- 300$ Headphones - what to buy? Last post on 12/18/12 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphone setup for less than $400 Last post on 12/30/12 at 10:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
Mad Dogs vs. SRH 840 vs. DT770 for Rock/Metal. - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hey, how did you end up liking the mad dogs for your music? I've been scouring these parts for some good closed phones for prog/metal/djent/electronic listening.
P.S. I don't quite understand what's so faux pas about resurrecting an old thread if there is more good content to add to it. Sorry if this disturbs the peace...
- Mad Dogs vs. SRH 840 vs. DT770 for Rock/Metal.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 1 minute ago
- › Looking for ~$60 headphones for home use on a PC without a... 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 2 minutes ago
- › Pendulumic S1 Stance Wireless Bluetooth Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 4 minutes ago
- › U.S. & CANADA REVIEW TOUR: Calyx PaT Portable DAC/Amp 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A73 6 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3