Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Do Headphone cable upgrades really work?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do Headphone cable upgrades really work? - Page 4  

post #46 of 58

I agree w/ streetdragon...

post #47 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilency View Post

Not true, unless your name is nobody.
So don't insult a guy who is giving his honest and true opinion. Many of us are evidence based. If you are not, good for you.

This thread shouldn't really be discussing views on scientific approach to listening, there are other threads in other subforums which are better places for that where it wont derail the thread. Not saying I agree or disagree with anything in particular but discussion of scientific views on this topic probably risk derailing the thread, simple anecdotes do not.
post #48 of 58

That may be true, but there is not need to insult somebody who disagree. I you can't keep it civil, don't post.

Besides, there is a need for an opposite view. Newbies who read this may be persuaded that cables are worth it, and they may not be for them.


Edited by gilency - 1/24/13 at 8:52pm
post #49 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

This thread shouldn't really be discussing views on scientific approach to listening, there are other threads in other subforums which are better places for that where it wont derail the thread. Not saying I agree or disagree with anything in particular but discussion of scientific views on this topic probably risk derailing the thread, simple anecdotes do not.
The OP wonders if the aftermarket cables make difference and that is what everybody here is discussing. Some people though (like lenni) don't use words but a sledgehammer. That is not ok.
post #50 of 58
They certainly have an influence. To what degree is up to the user.
post #51 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

They certainly have an influence. To what degree is up to the user.

and also direction of change as well (though normally it is up)

post #52 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilency View Post


Not true, unless your name is nobody.
So don't insult a guy who is giving his honest and true opinion. Many of us are evidence based. If you are not, good for you.

you seem to be pretty upset by my comment...lol... I'm not sure why.

 

fact is, it's pretty obvious why this is a DBT-free forum; there's nothing inexplicable or bizarre about it... don't you think? - or do I have to spell it out for you?

so, if you don't want to get a straight reply to your comment, don't post stupid comments. I could go on and on about it, and make you really upset, but I won't.

 

I don't know whether you think cables upgrade is all a scam or not, and I don't care. this is not the forum to discuss science "theories". it may come as a surprise to you, but we don't care. if I want to read about telekinesis and psyche, I go to the science forum, where all the experts and knowledgeable people are.

 

don't get too upset... 

post #53 of 58
Deleted.

Will fix when I get to a comp. the mobile site is not cutting it right now for me!
Edited by merkil - 1/25/13 at 3:49pm
post #54 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxamed View Post


The OP wonders if the aftermarket cables make difference and that is what everybody here is discussing. Some people though (like lenni) don't use words but a sledgehammer. That is not ok.

I'd agree, and I'm aware of becoming unpopular making that kind of comments, but someone has to question the nonsense.

 

 at some point you could not make a post in this forum without someone from the science crusaders replying within seconds. people who want to ask or post about cables should do so without feeling uneasy about it. 

 

it beggars belief. this's the cable forum. if cables are nothing to you - fine - just don't force your science beliefs down on others. (I'm talking in general, muxamed, not specifically at you) smily_headphones1.gif

post #55 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenni View Post

I'd agree, and I'm aware of becoming unpopular making that kind of comments, but someone has to question the nonsense.

 

 at some point you could not make a post in this forum without someone from the science crusaders replying within seconds. people who want to ask or post about cables should do so without feeling uneasy about it. 

 

it beggars belief. this's the cable forum. if cables are nothing to you - fine - just don't force your science beliefs down on others. (I'm talking in general, muxamed, not specifically at you) smily_headphones1.gif

 

Actually I don't see anything strange in people with different experiences replying differently to the question "Do cable upgrades really work?". The OP didn't expect an unbalanced answer, he expected a discussion I believe. Otherwise he wouldn't ask that question. It is an honest question which needs an honest answer, not an one-sided answer. We all have different experiences with cables and as such the OP's question can be answered in many different ways. Ithink it is important to respect that and to not attack people as soon as they have different opinion about something. To make a long story short I don't think that "science believers" are forcing their beliefs on others more then "cable believers" do. The best thing for everyone (and for the OP) is to test different cables and to make their own decision. On a forum like this we can only give our own honest opinions and that is what everybody here is trying to do.

post #56 of 58
Lenni, you need to go to etiquette school.
I am not upset, just don't see a reason for bullies like you.
Having said that. I am out of this thread and you are in my ignore list.
post #57 of 58
Thread Starter 

Guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by muxamed View Post
The OP wonders if the aftermarket cables make difference and that is what everybody here is discussing. 


I am sorry to have caused all this kerfuffle. Really, it's only HiFi. 

For those who missed it earlier, I had a listen and to my ears at least, there is a difference and an improvement. To me.

To others, who knows and who cares. If cables make no difference fer ya, don't buy 'em...

 

Cheerio Rich 

PS., I'll exit this thread here, it has run it's course I think, for me anyway...

post #58 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenni View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by p a t r i c k View Post

I believe Suggestion and auto-suggestion play an extremely large part in assessing Hi Fi.

 

DBT discussion is banned in this part of the forums, to me this is inexplicable and bizarre.

 

However I would ask people to view my article here:

 

Suggestion and Auto-Suggestion in the Assessment of Audio Products

I'll tell what is bizarre. You posting in this forum about something you never tried and know nothing about; wanting to discuss auto-suggestion and other psychology theories here.  

 

you went to all that trouble to write that article (or whatever it is), and nobody gives a ****. it sucks

 

It seems bizzare, but the reason is that people are unable to discuss the topic in the forums without it ending up with posts such as this being made.

 

*CLOSED*

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Do Headphone cable upgrades really work?