Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 【Happy Ending, replaced with EX1000】 EX600 replace with EX700LP, Accept or Not?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

【Happy Ending, replaced with EX1000】 EX600 replace with EX700LP, Accept or Not?

post #1 of 39
Thread Starter 

Hi guys i need a advice real quick.

Long story short, I sent out my broken EX600 to Sony replace center, but they said since EX600 is discontinued, so they are no longer able to replace my Ex600 with a new one. However, they offered me EX700LP.

Is EX700 any good? I liked the Ex600.

Thanks guys.

 

 

 

EDIT: Got replaced with EX1000, Comparison and review on Page 3.


Edited by Seekky - 1/17/13 at 3:37pm
post #2 of 39
Thread Starter 

bump

 

cmon guys lol

just tell me about your opinion is fine also

Thanks

post #3 of 39

Ask for EX1000 for replacement since its sound sig close to the EX600. Never heard the EX700 so no opinion.

 

If they are unable to offer the EX1000 as replacement, you may try to ask if possible they can send you back the broken EX600 as well along with the EX700. I am assuming the EX600's cable was broken and if that's the case you can have someone repair the cable for you. Just my suggestions.

 

I have EX1000 and had EX600. Both are very capable iem's and enjoyable for listening to music.

post #4 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

Ask for EX1000 for replacement since its sound sig close to the EX600. Never heard the EX700 so no opinion.

 

If they are unable to offer the EX1000 as replacement, you may try to ask if possible they can send you back the broken EX600 as well along with the EX700. I am assuming the EX600's cable was broken and if that's the case you can have someone repair the cable for you. Just my suggestions.

 

I have EX1000 and had EX600. Both are very capable iem's and enjoyable for listening to music.

Actually the problem is the right ear driver. It has no low frequency sound or bass at all.

Yea, i just asked see if i can replace with EX1000. Already told them that i'm willing to pay the extra money for that. And i also mentioned MDR7550.

Thanks for the reply!

post #5 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekky View Post

Actually the problem is the right ear driver. It has no low frequency sound or bass at all.

Yea, i just asked see if i can replace with EX1000. Already told them that i'm willing to pay the extra money for that. And i also mentioned MDR7550.

Thanks for the reply!


No don't offer to pay for the extra, at least not the full amount for the extra. Sony's warranty sucks and if it's the quality issue they need to take care of you.

 

I am glad you asked for the MDR7550.

 

Good luck.

post #6 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post


No don't offer to pay for the extra, at least not the full amount for the extra. Sony's warranty sucks and if it's the quality issue they need to take care of you.

 

I am glad you asked for the MDR7550.

 

Good luck.

Thanks,

Yea, i agreed. I was really pissed off with their customer support. Long story tho,, sigh..

post #7 of 39

I dealt with Sony's service center in Texas and I was very satisfied. But Sony's 3 month only warranty for these iem's is disappointing.

post #8 of 39
Yep, I was going to say.... ask for the MDR7550 if you can't get the EX1000. There's really not much info on the EX700, though I remember reading a few members say they prefered EX600.
post #9 of 39
Also, if you really must have the EX600 there's a pair on our boards atm for $100

http://www.head-fi.org/t/631934/fs-sony-ex600-price-drop-again
post #10 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Also, if you really must have the EX600 there's a pair on our boards atm for $100

http://www.head-fi.org/t/631934/fs-sony-ex600-price-drop-again

But i'm looking for more high-end IEM for my collection now. (not saying EX600 are bad, they are AWESOME)

i prefer 7550 or Ex1000 more now.

post #11 of 39
Thread Starter 

btw hows 7550 compare to EX1000 or 600?

post #12 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekky View Post

But i'm looking for more high-end IEM for my collection now. (not saying EX600 are bad, they are AWESOME)

i prefer 7550 or Ex1000 more now.

 

Can't blame you on that. :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekky View Post

btw hows 7550 compare to EX1000 or 600?

 

I never heard the 7550 but some forum members actually prefer the 7550 over the 1000 due to treble spike. Personally I don't have the spike issue with the 1000, especially after 1000 hrs of burn-ins. LOL.

post #13 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

 

Can't blame you on that. :)

 

 

I never heard the 7550 but some forum members actually prefer the 7550 over the 1000 due to treble spike. Personally I don't have the spike issue with the 1000, especially after 1000 hrs of burn-ins. LOL.

ha, so if they are able to offer me the EX700, i think they can replace me with the 7550 also since they are both $300 MSRP

post #14 of 39
I think the consensus here is that the 700 is a downgrade.
post #15 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenium View Post

I think the consensus here is that the 700 is a downgrade.

I think this way also after i checked the reviews.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 【Happy Ending, replaced with EX1000】 EX600 replace with EX700LP, Accept or Not?