So far I'm aiming towards the DT 880 pro 250's I might exchange tomorrow.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 1/14/13
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by System, 1/14/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- SRH-840 an upgrade from ATH-A900? Last post on 12/30/12 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- head phone suggestion Last post on 11/22/12 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 271 MK II or Shure SHR940? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to upgrade for $300 or less Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
DT 770 pro 80 too much bass - Page 2post #16 of 181/10/13 at 6:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/11/13 at 5:48amQuote:
An upgrade in a technical sense? Maybe, but depends on application and what you're trying to upgrade. If trying to upgrade sound stage, upgrade imaging, upgrade mids frequencies, then yes, the DT880 & K701 are "upgrades" from the DT770. But if you're trying for an overall upgrade, then I would say no, they're just a side-grade with a different focus/flavor. Some people are going to like the DT880, some will like the K701, and some will prefer the DT770. You're comparing three very different headphones. A closed bassy headphone (DT770), a warm neutral balanced headphone that is semi-open (DT880), and the anemic cold dry analytical sounding open-back headphone (K701). They're just flavors.
Instead of thinking about "upgrade" think about "what sound do I want to hear."
If you want a headphone that has good imaging, more sound stage width, a more airy neutral sound with some warmth, then the DT880 would be a good potential choice.
Very best,post #18 of 181/14/13 at 9:00amQuote:Originally Posted by AlfredWong
Actually the DT770 Pro 80 doesn't have too much bass after it is ran in, or having ample power in supply.
Another easy fix is the damping ring mod. Just remove the damping ring around the driver and the bass will be less, you also get more detail and bigger soundstage.
I don't understand that thread....do you mean the plastic ring, or the cotton-like ring?
- DT 770 pro 80 too much bass
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2, plus comparisons (Added ER4S) 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Any more deals on HD650? 2 minutes ago
- › My Very Low Budget Nearfield Desktop Rig (Lepai amp and Dayton... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 7 minutes ago
- › LOOKING FOR A PORTABLE MEDIA/MP3 PLAYER WITH THE BEST EQUALIZER 8 minutes ago
- › HUGE TUBE SALE - 5AR4/5R4/5U4/274 Rectifiers, 6AS7G/6080 Power... 8 minutes ago
- › Review: InEar StageDiver Series 10 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital