So far I'm aiming towards the DT 880 pro 250's I might exchange tomorrow.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 1/14/13
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by System, 1/14/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- SRH-840 an upgrade from ATH-A900? Last post on 12/30/12 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- head phone suggestion Last post on 11/22/12 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 271 MK II or Shure SHR940? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
DT 770 pro 80 too much bass - Page 2post #16 of 181/10/13 at 6:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/11/13 at 5:48amQuote:
An upgrade in a technical sense? Maybe, but depends on application and what you're trying to upgrade. If trying to upgrade sound stage, upgrade imaging, upgrade mids frequencies, then yes, the DT880 & K701 are "upgrades" from the DT770. But if you're trying for an overall upgrade, then I would say no, they're just a side-grade with a different focus/flavor. Some people are going to like the DT880, some will like the K701, and some will prefer the DT770. You're comparing three very different headphones. A closed bassy headphone (DT770), a warm neutral balanced headphone that is semi-open (DT880), and the anemic cold dry analytical sounding open-back headphone (K701). They're just flavors.
Instead of thinking about "upgrade" think about "what sound do I want to hear."
If you want a headphone that has good imaging, more sound stage width, a more airy neutral sound with some warmth, then the DT880 would be a good potential choice.
Very best,post #18 of 181/14/13 at 9:00amQuote:Originally Posted by AlfredWong
Actually the DT770 Pro 80 doesn't have too much bass after it is ran in, or having ample power in supply.
Another easy fix is the damping ring mod. Just remove the damping ring around the driver and the bass will be less, you also get more detail and bigger soundstage.
I don't understand that thread....do you mean the plastic ring, or the cotton-like ring?
- DT 770 pro 80 too much bass
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 7 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] - UDac3 - Good things do come in small packages 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 5 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 6 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 7 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob