So far I'm aiming towards the DT 880 pro 250's I might exchange tomorrow.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 1/14/13
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by System, 1/14/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- SRH-840 an upgrade from ATH-A900? Last post on 12/30/12 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- head phone suggestion Last post on 11/22/12 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 271 MK II or Shure SHR940? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
DT 770 pro 80 too much bass - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
An upgrade in a technical sense? Maybe, but depends on application and what you're trying to upgrade. If trying to upgrade sound stage, upgrade imaging, upgrade mids frequencies, then yes, the DT880 & K701 are "upgrades" from the DT770. But if you're trying for an overall upgrade, then I would say no, they're just a side-grade with a different focus/flavor. Some people are going to like the DT880, some will like the K701, and some will prefer the DT770. You're comparing three very different headphones. A closed bassy headphone (DT770), a warm neutral balanced headphone that is semi-open (DT880), and the anemic cold dry analytical sounding open-back headphone (K701). They're just flavors.
Instead of thinking about "upgrade" think about "what sound do I want to hear."
If you want a headphone that has good imaging, more sound stage width, a more airy neutral sound with some warmth, then the DT880 would be a good potential choice.
Actually the DT770 Pro 80 doesn't have too much bass after it is ran in, or having ample power in supply.
Another easy fix is the damping ring mod. Just remove the damping ring around the driver and the bass will be less, you also get more detail and bigger soundstage.
I don't understand that thread....do you mean the plastic ring, or the cotton-like ring?
- DT 770 pro 80 too much bass
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 19 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Consonance "Suzanne" 32-384 DSD128 Portable Music Player 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › Destiny 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of... 7 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2