So far I'm aiming towards the DT 880 pro 250's I might exchange tomorrow.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 1/14/13
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by System, 1/14/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- SRH-840 an upgrade from ATH-A900? Last post on 12/30/12 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- head phone suggestion Last post on 11/22/12 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 271 MK II or Shure SHR940? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
DT 770 pro 80 too much bass - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
An upgrade in a technical sense? Maybe, but depends on application and what you're trying to upgrade. If trying to upgrade sound stage, upgrade imaging, upgrade mids frequencies, then yes, the DT880 & K701 are "upgrades" from the DT770. But if you're trying for an overall upgrade, then I would say no, they're just a side-grade with a different focus/flavor. Some people are going to like the DT880, some will like the K701, and some will prefer the DT770. You're comparing three very different headphones. A closed bassy headphone (DT770), a warm neutral balanced headphone that is semi-open (DT880), and the anemic cold dry analytical sounding open-back headphone (K701). They're just flavors.
Instead of thinking about "upgrade" think about "what sound do I want to hear."
If you want a headphone that has good imaging, more sound stage width, a more airy neutral sound with some warmth, then the DT880 would be a good potential choice.
Actually the DT770 Pro 80 doesn't have too much bass after it is ran in, or having ample power in supply.
Another easy fix is the damping ring mod. Just remove the damping ring around the driver and the bass will be less, you also get more detail and bigger soundstage.
I don't understand that thread....do you mean the plastic ring, or the cotton-like ring?
- DT 770 pro 80 too much bass
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 24 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 25 seconds ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 3 minutes ago
- › Do cinch Y-Adapters affect sound quality? 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 4 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3