So far I'm aiming towards the DT 880 pro 250's I might exchange tomorrow.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 1/14/13
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/14/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by System, 1/14/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- SRH-840 an upgrade from ATH-A900? Last post on 12/30/12 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- head phone suggestion Last post on 11/22/12 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 271 MK II or Shure SHR940? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
DT 770 pro 80 too much bass - Page 2post #16 of 181/10/13 at 6:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/11/13 at 5:48amQuote:
An upgrade in a technical sense? Maybe, but depends on application and what you're trying to upgrade. If trying to upgrade sound stage, upgrade imaging, upgrade mids frequencies, then yes, the DT880 & K701 are "upgrades" from the DT770. But if you're trying for an overall upgrade, then I would say no, they're just a side-grade with a different focus/flavor. Some people are going to like the DT880, some will like the K701, and some will prefer the DT770. You're comparing three very different headphones. A closed bassy headphone (DT770), a warm neutral balanced headphone that is semi-open (DT880), and the anemic cold dry analytical sounding open-back headphone (K701). They're just flavors.
Instead of thinking about "upgrade" think about "what sound do I want to hear."
If you want a headphone that has good imaging, more sound stage width, a more airy neutral sound with some warmth, then the DT880 would be a good potential choice.
Very best,post #18 of 181/14/13 at 9:00amQuote:Originally Posted by AlfredWong
Actually the DT770 Pro 80 doesn't have too much bass after it is ran in, or having ample power in supply.
Another easy fix is the damping ring mod. Just remove the damping ring around the driver and the bass will be less, you also get more detail and bigger soundstage.
I don't understand that thread....do you mean the plastic ring, or the cotton-like ring?
- DT 770 pro 80 too much bass
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Audio Technica ATH-M50 48 seconds ago
- › The iQube V5 is coming!!!! 1 minute ago
- › Jaycar - High Definition Audio Digital-to-Analogue Converter (First... 1 minute ago
- › Vsonic are working on two SHURE like IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › STAX LIQUIDATION SALE! STAX SR-404LE 5 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 5 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude