or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › JVC's new flagship DX2000?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC's new flagship DX2000? - Page 13

post #181 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinit90 View Post
 

So where can you actually but these headphones?

 

Can't find them on ebay and amazon japan, but whatever I've read it seems to state that these are about the same as the DX1000 for the chinese market. And that the TH900 are much better than these. :(


There's a pair in the classifieds for sale right now for $800....................

post #182 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 


There's a pair in the classifieds for sale right now for $800....................

Indeed, but if they're the same then I would prefer to buy a new DX1000 from amazon for 540usd+shipping

post #183 of 202
You mean 640$?
post #184 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peti View Post

You mean 640$?

Nope, though shipping and customs will force the amount to reach somewhere near your price

post #185 of 202

I have my minty JVC HA-DX2000s now! The dark twin of the DX1000. They sound... exactly the same! Any differences between the two would probably just be burn-in, and both of mine are burned in now.

 

These things are at least as gorgeous as the DX1000s visually and the sound is identical.

 

The only difference between them is the headband. My new DX1000s have a fairly hard headband, while the old ones I had were a little better padded. The DX2000s have a little more headband padding than the current DX1000s, which means I won't be installing Sennheiser HD600 padding on this headband. The earpads are the same, and I've already replaced them with Audeze vegan pads.

post #186 of 202
One more user to confirm the identity between the two models. Thanks for your feedback! I'm sure they look gorgeous though.
post #187 of 202

If anyone else wants a minty pair of DX2000s, the dude I bought mine from has another pair he's selling. He's from Malaysia, but he ships fast as heck. Sent him money 8 days ago and they're on my head right now.

post #188 of 202

Really wish the official pictures did this beauty justice:

 

EJGWLuP69IDjr4xiFL2YfYajyeSIwJIzP2vGNFrNZe4KBKBWiQUrJE_sKBTXaXzz5I1NoeAd1yALU7P-egzXbn_EbXKLZnvhqpRIty31__wvdCR3UGPyS3gQh-2lU9raaqDyOZHh4p6wYQYWmK2hwsYBRb0ryfaX_3-YnS3HaWkDg_cyyiDi_BBJT7rtWE3-l2J2LASo5G1epUZomDLrGNxESv51nhVtWBJ8uvM4U5bHZsikD04LFaFLJCl4XOlv4If4TKjON18w7uCwmQxHrTmXXWw-aVB2lfRlzA_57NH-oT66woMwyaOCJ1J916_WjKELGc-YHIZEuQnntcMMaRuZfXxW1PKK6OdVu5pLLYu1bqCc49oJiQPHuf0H_0f0iuM69pMPboLSs_Yx1cKD9SxHNpX0a3X_j5ahAOT8OtCzahRvyoNoKL0K-G5GFH_kDB2xwTENv9DYiySS4Xirx4acTdM3IhLxatjlZnwKsjgYLCgcPWr2Q5JZ4CWqeHjga2sMWe0h6pOUkHt4MQ5d6udUlh0UZLZsE-MLVhytpPmo=w880-h955-no

post #189 of 202

Those cups look nice for sure.

post #190 of 202

Still absolutely loving the JVC HA-DX2000. It's the headphone I've been looking for all this time. Incredible bass, amazing reproduction of real instruments, enveloping and romantic sound. It does classical music better than anything I've ever experienced.

 

This has a permanent position in my collection alongside the Sennheiser HD650.

 

I've found a great synergy with the MHDT Labs Atlantis and Garage1217 Project Sunrise III as well.

post #191 of 202

Just got a mint pair of DX2000 for $280. Yup, 280 USD.

 

Long story short, JVC Thailand just realized that they have 45 pairs of these remaining in stock, and MunkonGadget (a famous local Thai dealer) helped them with the clearance sales. JVC wanted all of them to be sold out in a week, so MunkongGadget came up with this unbelievable deal.

 

The deal was simple: make direct money transfer, full amount ($280), first come first serve basis.

 

It was sold out in 2 hours. All 45 pairs. (I was the 4th in line).

 

 

While I don't really think the packaging and build quality are worthy of the original asking price (for that price, I'd expect more metal than plastic), it's totally fine for $280. Can't really ask for the better deal for this one. Won't make any comment now for sound quality (have to get past the 'new-toy-syndrome' period first), even though I can safely say that it is also very good for $280, of course.

 

A killer deal it was.


Edited by ithilienrp - 2/27/16 at 9:28pm
post #192 of 202

Packaging is terrible, hinges are crappy, but the sound makes up for it. If I could've bought a second one for $280, I would've bought 4 more.

 

Grats on finding such an amazing deal!

 

Let me know if you hate them and want to sell them for a little more than you paid. ;)


Edited by Luckbad - 2/27/16 at 9:27pm
post #193 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckbad View Post
 

Packaging is terrible, hinges are crappy, but the sound makes up for it. If I could've bought a second one for $280, I would've bought 4 more.

 

Grats on finding such an amazing deal!

 

Let me know if you hate them and want to sell them for a little more than you paid. ;)


1) Agree. Now I'm a bit regret not getting 2 pairs. But, well, at least one more people can join in and enjoy the headphones :-)

 

2) Thanks!! I was literally jumped out of my sofa and ran to the nearest ATM when I saw it.

 

3) Haha. Sure if I ended up hating them and decide to let them go. However, since I almost never sold any headphone I own (yeah, I do collect them, owning more than 100 pairs), it's very unlikely :-)

post #194 of 202
Come on Luckbad you already got one lemme pick'em up!wink.gif
post #195 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithilienrp View Post
 

Just got a mint pair of DX2000 for $280. Yup, 280 USD.

 

Long story short, JVC Thailand just realized that they have 45 pairs of these remaining in stock, and MunkonGadget (a famous local Thai dealer) helped them with the clearance sales. JVC wanted all of them to be sold out in a week, so MunkongGadget came up with this unbelievable deal.

 

The deal was simple: make direct money transfer, full amount ($280), first come first serve basis.

 

It was sold out in 2 hours. All 45 pairs. (I was the 4th in line).

 

 

 

While I don't really think the packaging and build quality are worthy of the original asking price (for that price, I'd expect more metal than plastic), it's totally fine for $280. Can't really ask for the better deal for this one. Won't make any comment now for sound quality (have to get past the 'new-toy-syndrome' period first), even though I can safely say that it is also very good for $280, of course.

 

A killer deal it was.


Please notufy us if there are any such EPIC deals. Enjoy it man

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › JVC's new flagship DX2000?