Mani do you use those ATH's in your avatar for movies? If so how do they sound? I kind of do this discretely at work so I need something small like the E10 or E17. I watch movies after 4pm when everyone leaves. I'm not really looking for the ultimate movie experience but just something better than my E10 and Audio Techinica M50s with there disgusting V sig that makes movies sound retarded.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productFiiO E10tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a pair of headphones (Budget ~$350) Last post on 1/11/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC for laptop Last post on 1/13/13 at 8:45am in Computer Audio
- Anything better then the D2000? Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ideal DAC/amp for Swan M200MkIIIs, ATH-M50s? Last post on 11/20/12 at 1:52am in Computer Audio
- Am I headed in the right direction? Newbie needing first major purchase advice on closed headphones. Last post on 11/16/12 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
This pair of beauty have unseated my AKG 551 as a my favourite portable headphones to go with my ipod touch while I enjoy my spotify playlists. Coldplay´s "Life in Technicolour" is an...
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Best closed headphone for movies? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Unless you can find the DT770 / Custom One Pro for ≤$150, the ATH-A700 for $135 may be your best bet at the moment.
Edited by kriegszeit - 1/8/13 at 7:00pm
I paid $270 for my a900x. I didn't mind paying a bit more for them because I think they are fantastic headphones for almost anything. I also buy locally (in Canada) so almost everything is more expensive here. I'm old fashioned like that, I just can't get into ordering things online, paying for shipping, and waiting and hoping nothing goes wrong. I'd personally rather just pay a premium and go down to my local shop and grab what I want on the spot. Krieg is right though, it is tough to find them at a decent price these days.
As for the A900X, they sound great with movies, for gaming, and especially with music. I also have the M50's and these are a significant upgrade over them in my opinion. If I can get my set up working with VLC for 5.1 I'll be extra happy with them, lol
If I was you I'd spend a little more money and get something else they have a v shaped signature and aren't as great as people here make them out to be
- Best closed headphone for movies?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 seconds ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 8 seconds ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 14 seconds ago
- › Audiophile Newbie, I need help choosing a portable DAC/AMP. 30 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 33 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP 50 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Why tubes but no equalization? 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by Chiek
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2