Mani do you use those ATH's in your avatar for movies? If so how do they sound? I kind of do this discretely at work so I need something small like the E10 or E17. I watch movies after 4pm when everyone leaves. I'm not really looking for the ultimate movie experience but just something better than my E10 and Audio Techinica M50s with there disgusting V sig that makes movies sound retarded.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productFiiO e10tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a pair of headphones (Budget ~$350) Last post on 1/11/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC for laptop Last post on 1/13/13 at 8:45am in Computer Audio
- Anything better then the D2000? Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ideal DAC/amp for Swan M200MkIIIs, ATH-M50s? Last post on 11/20/12 at 1:52am in Computer Audio
- Am I headed in the right direction? Newbie needing first major purchase advice on closed headphones. Last post on 11/16/12 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
Best closed headphone for movies? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Unless you can find the DT770 / Custom One Pro for ≤$150, the ATH-A700 for $135 may be your best bet at the moment.
Edited by kriegszeit - 1/8/13 at 7:00pm
I paid $270 for my a900x. I didn't mind paying a bit more for them because I think they are fantastic headphones for almost anything. I also buy locally (in Canada) so almost everything is more expensive here. I'm old fashioned like that, I just can't get into ordering things online, paying for shipping, and waiting and hoping nothing goes wrong. I'd personally rather just pay a premium and go down to my local shop and grab what I want on the spot. Krieg is right though, it is tough to find them at a decent price these days.
As for the A900X, they sound great with movies, for gaming, and especially with music. I also have the M50's and these are a significant upgrade over them in my opinion. If I can get my set up working with VLC for 5.1 I'll be extra happy with them, lol
If I was you I'd spend a little more money and get something else they have a v shaped signature and aren't as great as people here make them out to be
- Best closed headphone for movies?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 50 seconds ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 1 minute ago
- › [EU] Woo Audio WA6-SE Limited Edition maxed internals newer version... 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Cheap , decent amp for Koss Pro DJ100 2 minutes ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B6 ! 4 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)