Mani do you use those ATH's in your avatar for movies? If so how do they sound? I kind of do this discretely at work so I need something small like the E10 or E17. I watch movies after 4pm when everyone leaves. I'm not really looking for the ultimate movie experience but just something better than my E10 and Audio Techinica M50s with there disgusting V sig that makes movies sound retarded.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productFiiO e10tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a pair of headphones (Budget ~$350) Last post on 1/11/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC for laptop Last post on 1/13/13 at 8:45am in Computer Audio
- Anything better then the D2000? Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ideal DAC/amp for Swan M200MkIIIs, ATH-M50s? Last post on 11/20/12 at 1:52am in Computer Audio
- Am I headed in the right direction? Newbie needing first major purchase advice on closed headphones. Last post on 11/16/12 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again, small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Best closed headphone for movies? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Unless you can find the DT770 / Custom One Pro for ≤$150, the ATH-A700 for $135 may be your best bet at the moment.
Edited by kriegszeit - 1/8/13 at 7:00pm
I paid $270 for my a900x. I didn't mind paying a bit more for them because I think they are fantastic headphones for almost anything. I also buy locally (in Canada) so almost everything is more expensive here. I'm old fashioned like that, I just can't get into ordering things online, paying for shipping, and waiting and hoping nothing goes wrong. I'd personally rather just pay a premium and go down to my local shop and grab what I want on the spot. Krieg is right though, it is tough to find them at a decent price these days.
As for the A900X, they sound great with movies, for gaming, and especially with music. I also have the M50's and these are a significant upgrade over them in my opinion. If I can get my set up working with VLC for 5.1 I'll be extra happy with them, lol
If I was you I'd spend a little more money and get something else they have a v shaped signature and aren't as great as people here make them out to be
- Best closed headphone for movies?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Reference 6SN7 Thread 10 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 15 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › NEW Koss Pro4S 2 minutes ago
- › earbuds under $150 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)