Mani do you use those ATH's in your avatar for movies? If so how do they sound? I kind of do this discretely at work so I need something small like the E10 or E17. I watch movies after 4pm when everyone leaves. I'm not really looking for the ultimate movie experience but just something better than my E10 and Audio Techinica M50s with there disgusting V sig that makes movies sound retarded.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productFiiO e10tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a pair of headphones (Budget ~$350) Last post on 1/11/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC for laptop Last post on 1/13/13 at 8:45am in Computer Audio
- Anything better then the D2000? Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ideal DAC/amp for Swan M200MkIIIs, ATH-M50s? Last post on 11/20/12 at 1:52am in Computer Audio
- Am I headed in the right direction? Newbie needing first major purchase advice on closed headphones. Last post on 11/16/12 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Best closed headphone for movies? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Unless you can find the DT770 / Custom One Pro for ≤$150, the ATH-A700 for $135 may be your best bet at the moment.
Edited by kriegszeit - 1/8/13 at 7:00pm
I paid $270 for my a900x. I didn't mind paying a bit more for them because I think they are fantastic headphones for almost anything. I also buy locally (in Canada) so almost everything is more expensive here. I'm old fashioned like that, I just can't get into ordering things online, paying for shipping, and waiting and hoping nothing goes wrong. I'd personally rather just pay a premium and go down to my local shop and grab what I want on the spot. Krieg is right though, it is tough to find them at a decent price these days.
As for the A900X, they sound great with movies, for gaming, and especially with music. I also have the M50's and these are a significant upgrade over them in my opinion. If I can get my set up working with VLC for 5.1 I'll be extra happy with them, lol
If I was you I'd spend a little more money and get something else they have a v shaped signature and aren't as great as people here make them out to be
- Best closed headphone for movies?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Audeze LCD3 47 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 57 seconds ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › I want over the ear / in ear to be comfortable, help me choose a... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Just got my ODAC and meh... 4 minutes ago
- › Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3