Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › New Releases 2013 - No Records Released Before 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Releases 2013 - No Records Released Before 2013 - Page 5

post #61 of 297

My Bloody Valentine is the big one for me at the moment, but I also stumbled across this and am loving it so far:

 

Cakes da Killa: The Eulogy

 

Hard-hitting, ultra-dense, hilariously filthy queer NYC hip hop. There's been a few tracks from this scene that I've enjoyed in the past, but this is the first complete tape/album that I've heard from it that felt front-to-back just totally awesome for me. Thank you, BasedFantano.

post #62 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratocasterMan View Post

 

I'm quoting my own post because the new Eels is out today. I'm listening to it on MOG.

 

 

 

I have to get around this album at one point. I haven't listened to the Eels since 1863, or was it 1998 "Electro-Shock Blues". That was for sure a set of depressing songs, although it didn't keep me from listening to this album over and over.

post #63 of 297

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQz-SIAAE5uV1LiJwINC-bfe5CEVCojRFbRlYtonGgQP3xmR6H2rA

 

Richard Thompson - Electric

 

British folk-rock legend Richard Thompson has just released maybe one of his best albums in a long time. His songwriting and guitar playing is as fierce full, energetic, just as technical advanced as if he was thirty years younger but with the experience of a sixty-three year old legend. RT still picks up the mandolin to accompany the mellower side/songs of the album.

 

Speaking of company. RT is indeed in a very good one. Tara Prodaniuk (Bass), Michael Jenkins (Drums) and Siobham Maher Kennedy and Alison Krauss on backing vocals and duets. Forgot to add that the album was recorded at Buddy Miles studio in Nashville.

 

So far this album is a strong contender for my best February album (very early, I know..), although I do like the My Bloody Valentine album, but I always thought or  experienced (long time ago) that MBV sounded very much better in a live setting than through headphones or speakers. This album sounds stunning with headphones or IEM's, even at low volumes and RT is at his best even at 63..


Edited by Jupiterknight - 2/7/13 at 8:58pm
post #64 of 297

New Andres Osborne "Three Free Amigos" dropped yesterday!

 

1230cover

post #65 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink44 View Post

New Andres Osborne "Three Free Amigos" dropped yesterday!

 

1230cover

 

Awesome.  Thanks for the heads up.  Love Black Eyed Galaxy and American Patchwork.  Only wish it was a full length album but I guess since it has been less than a year since BEG I shouldn't complain.


Edited by gtcharlie - 2/13/13 at 10:32am
post #66 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcharlie View Post

 

Awesome.  Thanks for the heads up.  Love Black Eyed Galaxy and American Patchwork.  Only wish it was a full length album but I guess since it has been less than a year since BEG I shouldn't complain.

 

Yeah, BEG was one of my favorite albums last year. I got introduced to Anders a year or two ago when he opened for Karl Denson. Really enjoyed Denson, but man, Anders blew me away and I've been a big fan ever since.

 

Anyway - enjoy!!! I'm really looking forward to picking up this new release this weekend.

post #67 of 297

 

 

Atoms For Peace - Amok

 

Can't wait ! Typical headphones record. Out in 11 days.

 

o2smile.gif

post #68 of 297

Photo: FRIDAY 2.15.13

 

 

Thiftworks new album. 02/15/2013

post #69 of 297

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLXX-WN2ChmR1TYbFHj6UXaYUpE7fa4OlFIKpmLe_cTlNDx6nNcA

 

Iceage - "You're Nothing"

 

Second album by Danish hard core punk band, Iceage will be released very soon. Their 2011 debut "New Brigade" was extremely well received. Pitchfork gave Iceage's debut album a relative high rating of 8.4/10. 

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/15576-new-brigade/

 

For a few more days their second coming can in full be streamed and heard from this link. BEWARE it is punk/post punk music, so it is obnoxious, violent and annoying to most ears. But very effective and contains the angry spirit of a new punk generation. Take it or hate it..

 

http://pitchfork.com/news/49502-listen-to-iceages-new-album-youre-nothing-streaming-now-on-pitchfork-advance/


Edited by Jupiterknight - 2/15/13 at 9:21pm
post #70 of 297

Loved the first one, and I think I might love this one even more. Knew these guys were going to be doing great things, so it's nice to see their early promise fulfilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiterknight View Post

 

 

Iceage - "You're Nothing"

 

Second album by Danish hard core punk band, Iceage will be released very soon. Their 2011 debut "New Brigade" was extremely well received. Pitchfork gave Iceage's debut album a relative high rating of 8.4/10. 

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/15576-new-brigade/

 

For a few more days their second coming can in full be streamed and heard from this link. BEWARE it is punk/post punk music, so it is obnoxious, violent and annoying to most ears. But very effective and contains the angry spirit of a new punk generation. Take it or hate it..

 

http://pitchfork.com/news/49502-listen-to-iceages-new-album-youre-nothing-streaming-now-on-pitchfork-advance/

post #71 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsonata View Post

Loved the first one, and I think I might love this one even more. Knew these guys were going to be doing great things, so it's nice to see their early promise fulfilled.

 

Today it has been officially released and reviewed. Pitchfork seems to like it..

 

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/17623-iceage-youre-nothing/

post #72 of 297

Latest Mike Oldfield - Tubular Beats released two weeks ago, a beautiful and very well mastered album, mixing past and present, for the heart beat ;)

post #73 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkmanrocks13 View Post

Thanks for all the new music suggestions, I joined for that, more than the gear. This is a fantastic thread. Hope to add my own some day.

 

Welcome to Head Fi. As long as you just stick around in the music forum, the less sorry you will be for your wallet wink_face.gif

post #74 of 297

Autechre - Exai

post #75 of 297

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvgJWwpWELChxGGXKoAvMTOfj2aJTpXjPDfK1bxBZDBRBt-TBY

 

I know that it may be a bit early to post about this one, but a month from today. March 19th to be exact. The 10th album release from Low will be available.  It is called "The Invisible Way". I look very much forward to hear this one.

 

http://www.subpop.com/releases/low/full_lengths/the_invisible_way


Edited by Jupiterknight - 2/18/13 at 7:26pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › New Releases 2013 - No Records Released Before 2013