Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › New Releases 2013 - No Records Released Before 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Releases 2013 - No Records Released Before 2013 - Page 20

post #286 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratocasterMan View Post
 

 

North Mississippi Allstars - World Boogie Is Coming (2013)

 

A return to their earlier form. This album includes a guest appearance by some guy named Robert Plant among others.

 

If you like that lo-fi Mississippi Blues Boogie, it's a no-brainer.

 

Oh brilliant. I'm a huge fan of these guys and had no idea they had a new album out.

This rather made my day.

post #287 of 297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceClass View Post
 

 

Oh brilliant. I'm a huge fan of these guys and had no idea they had a new album out.

This rather made my day.

 

:beerchug:

post #288 of 297

This is a couple days late, but Pretty Lights has released the remix of his newest album, A Color Map of the Sun. I don't normally like remixes, but some of the new ones just kill it! The original album is already amazing, so to hear a couple remixes surpass their original source material was unfathomable! And yet it was done.  

 

 

Like with all of PL's work, you can download this for free here: http://prettylightsmusic.com/music/a-color-map-of-the-sun-remixes/

post #289 of 297

 

Neil Young - Live at the Cellar Door

 

Recorded in 1970 at the Cellar Door, an intimate venue in DC. This solo release of Young, accompanying himself on guitar and piano is a beautiful recording that highlights his originality and power. It reminds me why schiity derivative folksingers suck so much and cuts to the heart of what made Young so talented.

post #290 of 297

Still playing catch up with some great 2013 releases--not quite ready to move into 2014 yet! Here are a few albums I've been enjoying *a lot* in the last couple of weeks. 

 

 

 

Of these I'm enjoying the new Carcass the most--if I were to redo my best of 2013 list, it would almost certainly make it into the top five, along with Deafheaven, Gorguts, and Kayo Dot. 2013 was a hell of a year for metal.

 

Edit: Also really digging the new Forest Swords, though I'm a long way from totally unraveling it. One of those albums that opens itself up to you a bit more with each listen--a real grower. 

 

 

Edit 2: God I should have listened to more metal this year, instead of waiting until now to play catch up. This is *amazing.*

 


Edited by metalsonata - 1/7/14 at 9:06am
post #291 of 297

I do by now really think/feel that this album is my favorite indie power pop album of 2013.. Discovered it very lately but at least I'm still here..

 

The Electric Soft Parade : IDIOTS

 

Sorry, I'm not capable of posting an image of this particular album since I either can't be bothered or have been banned to do so, but the music counts.. right?

 

Sounds like the Beatles if I'm not much wrong.. Worthy a listen for anyone who likes a 2013 Beatles tune, pure power pop..

post #292 of 297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiterknight View Post
 

I do by now really think/feel that this album is my favorite indie power pop album of 2013.. Discovered it very lately but at least I'm still here..

 

The Electric Soft Parade : IDIOTS

 

Sorry, I'm not capable of posting an image of this particular album since I either can't be bothered or have been banned to do so, but the music counts.. right?

 

Sounds like the Beatles if I'm not much wrong.. Worthy a listen for anyone who likes a 2013 Beatles tune, pure power pop..

 

Thanks for the tip. I'm checking it out. Definitely Beatle-esque. Here's the cover:

 

post #293 of 297

Wrote a Song for Everyone - John Fogerty

 
Read :  post #49204  
post #294 of 297

Is there a new releases of 2014 thread? Someone should make it. 

post #295 of 297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzziekiwi View Post
 

Is there a new releases of 2014 thread? Someone should make it. 

 

Here ya go:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/700029/new-releases-2014-no-records-released-before-2014

post #296 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratocasterMan View Post
 

 

Thanks for the tip. I'm checking it out. Definitely Beatle-esque. Here's the cover:

 

"And With A Little Help From My Friend"... Thanks Strato...

post #297 of 297

 

Celeste: Animale(s)

 

Sludge metal with a lot of noisy punk and a pinch of black metal stirred in for good measure. Bleak and absolutely evil--also French, who are arguably the masters of 'bleak and evil.'  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › New Releases 2013 - No Records Released Before 2013