Hi guys, I'm totally a newbie here. After owning and using some headphones ( HD202, ATH-M50, HD555, Denon D2000, DT880 and even JVC DX1000 ). I also have listened to several other headphones gear ( HD800, T1, W5000, etc ) . But none of that makes me completely in love with. Until...
I finally found my favorite headphone: HD650. Its sound sign matches my taste so well. I like bass the most, but not as a bass-head. I'm addicted to GOOD quality bass ( decay, control, impact... ). Mid and treble is clear and detail. My genre is Vocal, Jazz, Classical, Pop and little bit slow rock.
I'm currently using the Digital Audio Labs CardDeluxe as DAC. Its sound is natural, a little bit warmer and fuller than the ODacs. And I'm considering to buy headamp for my HD650 and CardDeluxe.
After some reading and research, I have several options and I can't make up my mind. I can't try all these amps and I have to blind-buy. So I would choose carefully :(
- Graham Slee Novo ( I've read a lot of positive feedback about this amp paired with HD650 )
- Little Dot MKIII ( seems like a good cheap tube pre/headamp )
- Little Dot MKVII ( good cheap ss balance amp )
- Bottlehead Crack ( good cheap DIY option )
- Schiit Lyr ( recommended by MalVeauX )
Is there any other recommendations? My budget must be BELOW 500$
Thanks a lot :)
Edited by Aeolus Kratos - 1/9/13 at 7:53am