I'm try to decide which to buy, would appreciate and help. I already have Maverick Audio A1, I think the headphone amp is pretty good (not as good as Musical Fidelity X-Can v8, but is good). Main reason I bought is drives speakers also, and been real good job with Wharfedale Diamond 10.1. So, this really my second set, I want to have solid state amp too. Also, this using a Mac Mini and feed a Arcam rdac USB to A1. So, I'm leaning to 11.32, but Schiit combo really look good and I'm heard nothing but good about O2/ODAC combo.
Related Forum Threads
- JDS O2 + ODAC with my AKG K550 Last post on 6/25/14 at 3:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Magni/Modi vs. O2/ODAC? Last post on 1/13/14 at 3:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hi, I'm new and need help with choosing components Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:19am in Computer Audio
- Android Bluetooth DAC advice Last post on 12/5/13 at 8:03pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
Audio GD 11.32 vs. Schiit Magni/Modi cs. O2/ODAC
post #1 of 23
1/7/13 at 7:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 23
1/7/13 at 8:00pm
post #3 of 23
1/7/13 at 8:09pm
post #4 of 23
1/14/13 at 10:59am
post #5 of 23
1/14/13 at 6:14pm
post #6 of 23
1/15/13 at 8:47pm
post #7 of 23
1/16/13 at 1:24pm
post #8 of 23
1/16/13 at 1:31pm
Haviung owned the Magni/Modi, ODAC, and Compass 2, I'd go for the Audio-GD stuff. Just saying.
post #9 of 23
1/16/13 at 5:49pm
Yes, A-GD is pretty good...
Do you also own the SA31? I believe I saw a pic with the Compass2 and SA31, but don't remember if it was you?
post #10 of 23
1/16/13 at 5:51pm
post #11 of 23
1/16/13 at 6:14pm
post #12 of 23
1/16/13 at 6:23pm
Technical jargon doesn't do much for me. What matters is what I hear. I feel thge Compass 2 to sound basically near identical to the SA-31 for me personally, so I'd rather go with the one that benefits me more. That, and I don't own any headphones (nor will I) that would benefit from so much power.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/16/13 at 6:28pm
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/16/13 at 6:28pm
post #13 of 23
1/16/13 at 6:37pm
post #14 of 23
1/16/13 at 7:10pm
post #15 of 23
1/20/13 at 10:47am
Thanks, I'll check it out.
- Audio GD 11.32 vs. Schiit Magni/Modi cs. O2/ODAC
Currently, there are 2923 Active Users (617 Members and 2306 Guests)
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 22 seconds ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5) 51 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 2 minutes ago
- › Upgraded amp + upgraded DAC + FLAC vs. lower end amp + lower end... 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › JRiver Media Center 19 is better! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)