So here's my question: which will be best for Rap? I have the oppurtunity to get them cheap, and I really like the looks of them.Also, please don't propose other headphones, just answer my question.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD598 vs HD600 vs HD650 Last post on 10/21/13 at 11:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Noobie Question - Headphones Last post on 9/23/13 at 8:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for large heads Last post on 3/11/14 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 Stock Cable and 1/8" to 1/4" Adaptor (Fits HD650, HD580, HD25-1ii etc.) Last post on 4/14/13 at 8:37pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Trying to decide Between apples and oranges.... Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
HD598 vs HD600 vs HD 650 in terms of hiphop/rap.post #1 of 291/7/13 at 7:02amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 291/7/13 at 7:29ampost #3 of 291/7/13 at 7:32amThread Starterpost #4 of 291/7/13 at 7:56ampost #5 of 291/7/13 at 8:02amThread Starterpost #6 of 291/7/13 at 8:05ampost #7 of 291/7/13 at 8:38ampost #8 of 291/7/13 at 9:10am
Rap/Hip hop? Sony XB series will do the job fine. If you are considering listening to something that contains music, then get Sennheiser HD650 for sure. Also other headphones such as Beyerdynamic DT880,DT990 premium can also be very good for hip hop (good hiphop).post #9 of 291/7/13 at 11:31amThread StarterWhat about the sony mdr r1? They seem a bit more portable then the XBs, how do they sound? I didn't mention it, but i listen to lots of other music too, 70s/80s rock and "epic" music (2stepsformhell etc.), altough hip-hop is about 80% of my listening time. Do they need a amp? Edit: Also, sorry for my chaotic writing, I suck and putting thoughts to the paper :P.post #10 of 291/7/13 at 6:23pm
I listen to a lot of rap, hip-hop and reggae and out of the three you asked about I will pick Hd650 but personally I like them with Denon 5000, Beyerdynamic T90 or V-moda M100
and for IEM Monster Trumpet does the trick- enough bass for my likingpost #11 of 291/7/13 at 6:42pmpost #12 of 291/7/13 at 6:49pm
HE-400, it's a little above your limit but it's bass, detail and speed makes hiphop sound awesome. Hiphop is generally my favorite genre and I can say with no question that they are the best I've heard so far for hiphop including the 650.
Edited by Scyy - 1/7/13 at 7:12pmpost #13 of 291/28/13 at 5:43pm
Late to this party. But the LCDs are great for rap hip / hop
I'll put it like this..
LCD-3 --> HE-6 --> LCD-2.2 --> HE-500 --> HD650 -- > Denon 7/5/2-K
I like my headphones open and my bass tight.
Warning = Biggie
Ambitionz Az a Ridah = Pacpost #14 of 291/28/13 at 5:45pmQuote:
Yes - great for rap..post #15 of 291/28/13 at 9:47pm
TMRaven, why recommend something boomy? Pileman, last time I listened, hip hip contains music. It even has vocals too! I hate when people write off hip hop like that. Just because you don't listen to or like a genre, don't recommend boomy bass or a low budget pair of phones. Hip hop is a very complex genre for headhones to handle properly and unfortunately not many headphones are designed for or work well with the genre.
- HD598 vs HD600 vs HD 650 in terms of hiphop/rap.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 15 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › Setting Up An ABX Test + Simple Guide to Ripping, Tagging &... 3 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey, The Rise of the In-Ear Monitor | Talks at Google 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Earphones for PC gaming + Introduction 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob