So here's my question: which will be best for Rap? I have the oppurtunity to get them cheap, and I really like the looks of them.Also, please don't propose other headphones, just answer my question.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD598 vs HD600 vs HD650 Last post on 10/21/13 at 11:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- My first fully open headphones Last post on 9/27/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noobie Question - Headphones Last post on 9/23/13 at 8:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for large heads Last post on 6/15/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the line headphones? Last post on 5/18/13 at 3:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
HD598 vs HD600 vs HD 650 in terms of hiphop/rap.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Rap/Hip hop? Sony XB series will do the job fine. If you are considering listening to something that contains music, then get Sennheiser HD650 for sure. Also other headphones such as Beyerdynamic DT880,DT990 premium can also be very good for hip hop (good hiphop).
I listen to a lot of rap, hip-hop and reggae and out of the three you asked about I will pick Hd650 but personally I like them with Denon 5000, Beyerdynamic T90 or V-moda M100
and for IEM Monster Trumpet does the trick- enough bass for my liking
HE-400, it's a little above your limit but it's bass, detail and speed makes hiphop sound awesome. Hiphop is generally my favorite genre and I can say with no question that they are the best I've heard so far for hiphop including the 650.
Edited by Scyy - 1/7/13 at 7:12pm
Late to this party. But the LCDs are great for rap hip / hop
I'll put it like this..
LCD-3 --> HE-6 --> LCD-2.2 --> HE-500 --> HD650 -- > Denon 7/5/2-K
I like my headphones open and my bass tight.
Warning = Biggie
Ambitionz Az a Ridah = Pac
Yes - great for rap..
TMRaven, why recommend something boomy? Pileman, last time I listened, hip hip contains music. It even has vocals too! I hate when people write off hip hop like that. Just because you don't listen to or like a genre, don't recommend boomy bass or a low budget pair of phones. Hip hop is a very complex genre for headhones to handle properly and unfortunately not many headphones are designed for or work well with the genre.
- HD598 vs HD600 vs HD 650 in terms of hiphop/rap.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 8 seconds ago
- › Looking to take the next step 32 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 37 seconds ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi CES 2015 Highlights 1 minute ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 1 minute ago
- › Nad D Range 2 minutes ago
- › Sony CD3000 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)