So here's my question: which will be best for Rap? I have the oppurtunity to get them cheap, and I really like the looks of them.Also, please don't propose other headphones, just answer my question.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD598 vs HD600 vs HD650 Last post on 10/21/13 at 11:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- My first fully open headphones Last post on 9/27/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noobie Question - Headphones Last post on 9/23/13 at 8:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for large heads Last post on 6/15/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the line headphones? Last post on 5/18/13 at 3:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
HD598 vs HD600 vs HD 650 in terms of hiphop/rap.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Rap/Hip hop? Sony XB series will do the job fine. If you are considering listening to something that contains music, then get Sennheiser HD650 for sure. Also other headphones such as Beyerdynamic DT880,DT990 premium can also be very good for hip hop (good hiphop).
I listen to a lot of rap, hip-hop and reggae and out of the three you asked about I will pick Hd650 but personally I like them with Denon 5000, Beyerdynamic T90 or V-moda M100
and for IEM Monster Trumpet does the trick- enough bass for my liking
HE-400, it's a little above your limit but it's bass, detail and speed makes hiphop sound awesome. Hiphop is generally my favorite genre and I can say with no question that they are the best I've heard so far for hiphop including the 650.
Edited by Scyy - 1/7/13 at 7:12pm
Late to this party. But the LCDs are great for rap hip / hop
I'll put it like this..
LCD-3 --> HE-6 --> LCD-2.2 --> HE-500 --> HD650 -- > Denon 7/5/2-K
I like my headphones open and my bass tight.
Warning = Biggie
Ambitionz Az a Ridah = Pac
Yes - great for rap..
TMRaven, why recommend something boomy? Pileman, last time I listened, hip hip contains music. It even has vocals too! I hate when people write off hip hop like that. Just because you don't listen to or like a genre, don't recommend boomy bass or a low budget pair of phones. Hip hop is a very complex genre for headhones to handle properly and unfortunately not many headphones are designed for or work well with the genre.
- HD598 vs HD600 vs HD 650 in terms of hiphop/rap.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 41 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 42 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 45 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 57 seconds ago
- › Amp3 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The Loudness War - your experiences 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)