So here's my question: which will be best for Rap? I have the oppurtunity to get them cheap, and I really like the looks of them.Also, please don't propose other headphones, just answer my question.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD598 vs HD600 vs HD650 Last post on 10/21/13 at 11:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Noobie Question - Headphones Last post on 9/23/13 at 8:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for large heads Last post on 3/11/14 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 Stock Cable and 1/8" to 1/4" Adaptor (Fits HD650, HD580, HD25-1ii etc.) Last post on 4/14/13 at 8:37pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Trying to decide Between apples and oranges.... Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
HD598 vs HD600 vs HD 650 in terms of hiphop/rap.post #1 of 291/7/13 at 7:02amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 291/7/13 at 7:29ampost #3 of 291/7/13 at 7:32amThread Starterpost #4 of 291/7/13 at 7:56ampost #5 of 291/7/13 at 8:02amThread Starterpost #6 of 291/7/13 at 8:05ampost #7 of 291/7/13 at 8:38ampost #8 of 291/7/13 at 9:10am
Rap/Hip hop? Sony XB series will do the job fine. If you are considering listening to something that contains music, then get Sennheiser HD650 for sure. Also other headphones such as Beyerdynamic DT880,DT990 premium can also be very good for hip hop (good hiphop).post #9 of 291/7/13 at 11:31amThread StarterWhat about the sony mdr r1? They seem a bit more portable then the XBs, how do they sound? I didn't mention it, but i listen to lots of other music too, 70s/80s rock and "epic" music (2stepsformhell etc.), altough hip-hop is about 80% of my listening time. Do they need a amp? Edit: Also, sorry for my chaotic writing, I suck and putting thoughts to the paper :P.post #10 of 291/7/13 at 6:23pm
I listen to a lot of rap, hip-hop and reggae and out of the three you asked about I will pick Hd650 but personally I like them with Denon 5000, Beyerdynamic T90 or V-moda M100
and for IEM Monster Trumpet does the trick- enough bass for my likingpost #11 of 291/7/13 at 6:42pmpost #12 of 291/7/13 at 6:49pm
HE-400, it's a little above your limit but it's bass, detail and speed makes hiphop sound awesome. Hiphop is generally my favorite genre and I can say with no question that they are the best I've heard so far for hiphop including the 650.
Edited by Scyy - 1/7/13 at 7:12pmpost #13 of 291/28/13 at 5:43pm
Late to this party. But the LCDs are great for rap hip / hop
I'll put it like this..
LCD-3 --> HE-6 --> LCD-2.2 --> HE-500 --> HD650 -- > Denon 7/5/2-K
I like my headphones open and my bass tight.
Warning = Biggie
Ambitionz Az a Ridah = Pacpost #14 of 291/28/13 at 5:45pmQuote:
Yes - great for rap..post #15 of 291/28/13 at 9:47pm
TMRaven, why recommend something boomy? Pileman, last time I listened, hip hip contains music. It even has vocals too! I hate when people write off hip hop like that. Just because you don't listen to or like a genre, don't recommend boomy bass or a low budget pair of phones. Hip hop is a very complex genre for headhones to handle properly and unfortunately not many headphones are designed for or work well with the genre.
- HD598 vs HD600 vs HD 650 in terms of hiphop/rap.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 2 seconds ago
- › Currently using AKG K702 anniversaries, what would be a good upgrade? 25 seconds ago
- › Thinking about getting a Fiio X5 33 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 41 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Headphone, Dac, and Amp Recommendation for Rock, Metal, and Blues 1 minute ago
- › Best IEM for a bass head? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Want headphones for metalcore, $100 budget 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob