So here's my question: which will be best for Rap? I have the oppurtunity to get them cheap, and I really like the looks of them.Also, please don't propose other headphones, just answer my question.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD598 vs HD600 vs HD650 Last post on 10/21/13 at 11:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- My first fully open headphones Last post on 9/27/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noobie Question - Headphones Last post on 9/23/13 at 8:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for large heads Last post on 6/15/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
HD598 vs HD600 vs HD 650 in terms of hiphop/rap.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Rap/Hip hop? Sony XB series will do the job fine. If you are considering listening to something that contains music, then get Sennheiser HD650 for sure. Also other headphones such as Beyerdynamic DT880,DT990 premium can also be very good for hip hop (good hiphop).
I listen to a lot of rap, hip-hop and reggae and out of the three you asked about I will pick Hd650 but personally I like them with Denon 5000, Beyerdynamic T90 or V-moda M100
and for IEM Monster Trumpet does the trick- enough bass for my liking
HE-400, it's a little above your limit but it's bass, detail and speed makes hiphop sound awesome. Hiphop is generally my favorite genre and I can say with no question that they are the best I've heard so far for hiphop including the 650.
Edited by Scyy - 1/7/13 at 7:12pm
Late to this party. But the LCDs are great for rap hip / hop
I'll put it like this..
LCD-3 --> HE-6 --> LCD-2.2 --> HE-500 --> HD650 -- > Denon 7/5/2-K
I like my headphones open and my bass tight.
Warning = Biggie
Ambitionz Az a Ridah = Pac
Yes - great for rap..
TMRaven, why recommend something boomy? Pileman, last time I listened, hip hip contains music. It even has vocals too! I hate when people write off hip hop like that. Just because you don't listen to or like a genre, don't recommend boomy bass or a low budget pair of phones. Hip hop is a very complex genre for headhones to handle properly and unfortunately not many headphones are designed for or work well with the genre.
- HD598 vs HD600 vs HD 650 in terms of hiphop/rap.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 30 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio universals isolation? 2 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 3 minutes ago
- › Office headphone (dac+amp) recommendation? 3 minutes ago
- › Help me chose closed over the ear headphones in between 100-200$ 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM choice Harmony 8 / Harmony 8 Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2