- 10 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) Last post on Yesterday at 9:15 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones/earphones with a similar sound signature as Sennheiser IE80s Last post on 2/19/15 at 12:32pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD 650 low impedance Last post on 12/7/14 at 7:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Need help buying new headset
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Do you need a headset or headphone (eg. built in mic or not)?
Got any sound card?
What do you listen to, and which kind of sound do you prefer?
How will you use it most, what is most important?
If you're looking for a gaming headset, try and stay away from Razer, that's all I have to say, their products are so unbelievably over-priced that it wouldn't be worth it. Try Platronics or Corsair, they make some decent sounding gaming headphones with mics, Logitec isn't half bad either.
Ive been reading a few forums and having a stereo headset with mixamps seems to be the more favorable option.
The sennheiser hd650 came up alot in the forums. How much would it be with a mixamp? And are all mixamp s surround sound?
Budget is around $400
WELL it looks like you already decided on what I was going to recommend. LOL the HD598s has amazing soundstage. You will NOT regret this purchase. ENJOY!
Thanks for the help guys
Will the wireless 5.8 astro mixamp work with the sennheisser (does it have a wired connection for the hd598)? Or do i have to get the wired (a40) mixamp?
And also if i wanted optimum music quality out of the headset, will the 5.8 mixamp be sufficient or would i need a different amp......i know....im a noob lol
ofc you can connect the senn and the mixamp...
The sound quality will not be optimal, but I guess it should be plenty good enough since the hd598 shouldn't be hard to drive. You know many of us here on head-fi spend more on a dedicated amp than you are going to spend on the setup...
Edited by davidsh - 1/6/13 at 4:42pm
Not really familiar with treble, highs, lows. As long as everything sounds clear ill be happy.
The main thing i wanted was good soundstage/surround sound so that when i put on the headset i feel immersed in the game/movie scenarios.
Think you have made a good choice then :P
I don't know anything about the mixamp though... Have a look at the link I postedearlier if you havn't already. Mad Lust Envy has a section on the mixamp and alternatives
- Need help buying new headset
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 14 seconds ago
- › 6.3mm vs 3.5mm Does 6.5mm give better sound quality than 3.5mm plug... 17 seconds ago
- › I just failed the Tidal streaming equipment test!!! 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for IEM or Full size headphones for roughly 100-400 7 minutes ago
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2