- 10 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) Last post on Today at 9:19 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones/earphones with a similar sound signature as Sennheiser IE80s Last post on 2/19/15 at 12:32pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD 650 low impedance Last post on 12/7/14 at 7:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Need help buying new headset
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Do you need a headset or headphone (eg. built in mic or not)?
Got any sound card?
What do you listen to, and which kind of sound do you prefer?
How will you use it most, what is most important?
If you're looking for a gaming headset, try and stay away from Razer, that's all I have to say, their products are so unbelievably over-priced that it wouldn't be worth it. Try Platronics or Corsair, they make some decent sounding gaming headphones with mics, Logitec isn't half bad either.
Ive been reading a few forums and having a stereo headset with mixamps seems to be the more favorable option.
The sennheiser hd650 came up alot in the forums. How much would it be with a mixamp? And are all mixamp s surround sound?
Budget is around $400
WELL it looks like you already decided on what I was going to recommend. LOL the HD598s has amazing soundstage. You will NOT regret this purchase. ENJOY!
Thanks for the help guys
Will the wireless 5.8 astro mixamp work with the sennheisser (does it have a wired connection for the hd598)? Or do i have to get the wired (a40) mixamp?
And also if i wanted optimum music quality out of the headset, will the 5.8 mixamp be sufficient or would i need a different amp......i know....im a noob lol
ofc you can connect the senn and the mixamp...
The sound quality will not be optimal, but I guess it should be plenty good enough since the hd598 shouldn't be hard to drive. You know many of us here on head-fi spend more on a dedicated amp than you are going to spend on the setup...
Edited by davidsh - 1/6/13 at 4:42pm
Not really familiar with treble, highs, lows. As long as everything sounds clear ill be happy.
The main thing i wanted was good soundstage/surround sound so that when i put on the headset i feel immersed in the game/movie scenarios.
Think you have made a good choice then :P
I don't know anything about the mixamp though... Have a look at the link I postedearlier if you havn't already. Mad Lust Envy has a section on the mixamp and alternatives
- Need help buying new headset
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 26 seconds ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 39 seconds ago
- › Kramer-mod... KSC75... 47 seconds ago
- › Clear Tune Monitors CT-6E Elite Flagship Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › NuPrime uDSD ($179, PCM384+DSD256 decoding) Portable USB DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2