- 10 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) Last post on Yesterday at 10:29 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones/earphones with a similar sound signature as Sennheiser IE80s Last post on 2/19/15 at 12:32pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD 650 low impedance Last post on 12/7/14 at 7:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
Need help buying new headset
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Do you need a headset or headphone (eg. built in mic or not)?
Got any sound card?
What do you listen to, and which kind of sound do you prefer?
How will you use it most, what is most important?
If you're looking for a gaming headset, try and stay away from Razer, that's all I have to say, their products are so unbelievably over-priced that it wouldn't be worth it. Try Platronics or Corsair, they make some decent sounding gaming headphones with mics, Logitec isn't half bad either.
Ive been reading a few forums and having a stereo headset with mixamps seems to be the more favorable option.
The sennheiser hd650 came up alot in the forums. How much would it be with a mixamp? And are all mixamp s surround sound?
Budget is around $400
WELL it looks like you already decided on what I was going to recommend. LOL the HD598s has amazing soundstage. You will NOT regret this purchase. ENJOY!
Thanks for the help guys
Will the wireless 5.8 astro mixamp work with the sennheisser (does it have a wired connection for the hd598)? Or do i have to get the wired (a40) mixamp?
And also if i wanted optimum music quality out of the headset, will the 5.8 mixamp be sufficient or would i need a different amp......i know....im a noob lol
ofc you can connect the senn and the mixamp...
The sound quality will not be optimal, but I guess it should be plenty good enough since the hd598 shouldn't be hard to drive. You know many of us here on head-fi spend more on a dedicated amp than you are going to spend on the setup...
Edited by davidsh - 1/6/13 at 4:42pm
Not really familiar with treble, highs, lows. As long as everything sounds clear ill be happy.
The main thing i wanted was good soundstage/surround sound so that when i put on the headset i feel immersed in the game/movie scenarios.
Think you have made a good choice then :P
I don't know anything about the mixamp though... Have a look at the link I postedearlier if you havn't already. Mad Lust Envy has a section on the mixamp and alternatives
- Need help buying new headset
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced 6 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 7 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 8 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 15 minutes ago
- › Review of Little-Dot MKIVse 15 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 17 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2