Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution. - Page 9

post #121 of 194

In your iPhone settings under iCloud, is it possible to turn off syncing for music?

post #122 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

In your iPhone settings under iCloud, is it possible to turn off syncing for music?

Yes but it he problem remains.

In the native music app, it only shows the songs on my iPhone.

But in the Accudio App, all my music on iCloud are still showing.

Therefore I am waiting for an update from Accudio, to be fully compatiable with iOS 7.

Maybe that will solve the problem.
post #123 of 194
I just downloaded Accudio on my ipod touch 5 for my Beyerdynamic T70p. I noticed a change in sound, but I'm still try to understand how it works. Is it EQing the audio output to match the frequency reponse of my T70p to create a virtually neutral reference line.?
post #124 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Max View Post

I just downloaded Accudio on my ipod touch 5 for my Beyerdynamic T70p. I noticed a change in sound, but I'm still try to understand how it works. Is it EQing the audio output to match the frequency reponse of my T70p to create a virtually neutral reference line.?

Yes, it applies an EQ curve that's essentially the opposite to that of your headphones, so that perceived FR is more flat. It only tries to neutralize the bigger dips and peaks though.

post #125 of 194

I have a huge problem - Accudio (currently have 1.7) started crashing after the iOS7 update, so I removed all audio associated with it, synced to my desktop,* and the nthe problem got progressively worse. First it freezes everytime I try to get back to it from another app (like a browser) while running in the background, and now it's totally frozen. When I sync it, iTunes only shows two tracks in Accudio's directory, but it says I only have 4.3GB storage left, so the files are there, but I can't even use other programs because I can't delete them on iTunes if I can see them.

 

I tried to sign up for an account on Accudio to get support - clicking the link from iTunes Store while logged in - and it won't log in using my iTunes account nor would it let me create one. What gives?! Did Golden Ears shut down or something?!

 

 

Will deleting Accudio take out all the audio that I put in? Or will they be stuck in my iPad, lost and not knowing to which app they belong to, and no Genius can help me?





*Used to be my laptop, but iTunes 11 began screwing around like a virus again, telling MediaMonkey that "FLACs...looks like audio, it's MINE nyaharharharhar" even with iTunes audio player set to use only one dedicated (empty) folder. It stopped doing this at iTunes 9 but the problem's back again, so I deleted it, and everything else went back to normal. Now I have to use my gaming desktop just for syncing this damned thing.


Edited by ProtegeManiac - 11/6/13 at 6:58pm
post #126 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post
 

I have a huge problem - Accudio (currently have 1.7) started crashing after the iOS7 update, so I removed all audio associated with it, synced to my desktop,* and the nthe problem got progressively worse. First it freezes everytime I try to get back to it from another app (like a browser) while running in the background, and now it's totally frozen. When I sync it, iTunes only shows two tracks in Accudio's directory, but it says I only have 4.3GB storage left, so the files are there, but I can't even use other programs because I can't delete them on iTunes if I can see them.

 

I tried to sign up for an account on Accudio to get support - clicking the link from iTunes Store while logged in - and it won't log in using my iTunes account nor would it let me create one. What gives?! Did Golden Ears shut down or something?!

 

 

Will deleting Accudio take out all the audio that I put in? Or will they be stuck in my iPad, lost and not knowing to which app they belong to, and no Genius can help me?





*Used to be my laptop, but iTunes 11 began screwing around like a virus again, telling MediaMonkey that "FLACs...looks like audio, it's MINE nyaharharharhar" even with iTunes audio player set to use only one dedicated (empty) folder. It stopped doing this at iTunes 9 but the problem's back again, so I deleted it, and everything else went back to normal. Now I have to use my gaming desktop just for syncing this damned thing.

To my knowledge, if you had synced the music files via your iTunes music library (not adding it directly to your Accudio directory via the "Apps" tab in iTunes), deleting Accudio will leave the music files untouched (you will still be able to access them via the stock Music application). If you had done the latter, yes, deleting Accudio will delete all files in its directory, which means your music files too. As of now, Accudio has not pushed an update for iOS7, so it is no surprise that Accudio may get buggy on iOS7.

post #127 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari50 View Post
 

To my knowledge, if you had synced the music files via your iTunes music library (not adding it directly to your Accudio directory via the "Apps" tab in iTunes), deleting Accudio will leave the music files untouched (you will still be able to access them via the stock Music application). If you had done the latter, yes, deleting Accudio will delete all files in its directory, which means your music files too. As of now, Accudio has not pushed an update for iOS7, so it is no surprise that Accudio may get buggy on iOS7.

 

Got it, deleted it for now. I lost track of its updates, I thought the latest one included iOS7 updates already. And bugger, the ASG-1 was such a nice compromise IEM for portable devices, but it is in no way "dark" on the iPad whereas it's noticeably dark on my SGS3 (T-Mobile Qualcomm chip,if that even matters). Accudio makes it sweeter since I applied the profile off some other headphone temporarily, and I get a bit more treble while it remains smooth.

Trying to replicate the EQ profile with NeutronMP on my SGS3, and it doesn't seem to work as well. I have to add more highs and make the Q factor a lot wider.

post #128 of 194

 

0

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

 

Frequency

50

100

610

3

400

1240

800

3700

12830

16000

 

Gain

-2

3

-7

3

-1

-1

0

-2

5

0

 

Bandwidth

2.65

3.25

3.00

2.90

3.30

1.90

3.30

1.90

3.20

1.80

 

 

 

This is my tweaked  accudio custom settings with a  gain of -6db. Could anyone tell me how it sounds and if any additional changes could be made to make it sound better.  Also,I am using the sennheiser momentum headphones and this wouldn't sound as good with an in ear or ear buds.  Thanks peeps!!

post #129 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyking View Post
 

 

0

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

 

Frequency

50

100

610

3

400

1240

800

3700

12830

16000

 

Gain

-2

3

-7

3

-1

-1

0

-2

5

0

 

Bandwidth

2.65

3.25

3.00

2.90

3.30

1.90

3.30

1.90

3.20

1.80

 

 

This is my tweaked  accudio custom settings with a  gain of -6db. Could anyone tell me how it sounds and if any additional changes could be made to make it sound better.  Also,I am using the sennheiser momentum headphones and this wouldn't sound as good with an in ear or ear buds.  Thanks peeps!!

Why -7 at 610hz?

post #130 of 194

I probably didn't like the way it sounded at that frequency with a higher db. did you try it though?

post #131 of 194

I don't own the Momentum so I wouldn't be hearing what you're hearing, if I tried those EQ settings on a different headphone. I remember them being slightly warm, but not +7@610 warm.

 

My general preference for EQ would be +4@50, +2@100, -2@240, and depending on the headphones, possibly a small boost in the upper mids and upper treble.

post #132 of 194

From a month of daily usage I get the feeling that this is a hit or miss app. It'll work great with some earphones and headphones, but others will not have much positive effect or improvements. It's a great software innovation how Golden Ears is trying to make headphones sound flat and "hi-fi"-ish, but there are many apps like Accudio out there that all have its pros and cons, Accudio is not a headphone revolution, and it is only available on the appstore, so if I like one of the settings for a particular headphone, I could only enjoy it on an iOS device. Accudio is just slightly better and more professional than those bloatware apps that worsen audio quality.

post #133 of 194

Hi guys,

 

I used this app today for about 6 hours and my HD700 sounds ... well good. Just one thing, anybody knows how can I export that HD700 EQ or at least what gain's that are used there to be able create same EQ in windows ? 

post #134 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flisker View Post
 

Hi guys,

 

I used this app today for about 6 hours and my HD700 sounds ... well good. Just one thing, anybody knows how can I export that HD700 EQ or at least what gain's that are used there to be able create same EQ in windows ? 


Hi

 

I hope this helps you build your Accudio EQ on windows!

 

Source: http://en.goldenears.net/25448

post #135 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartfang View Post
 


Hi

 

I hope this helps you build your Accudio EQ on windows!

 

Source: http://en.goldenears.net/25448

 

I know this one, it's just frequency response after eq is applied I would like to know what's the eq applied to get this result. Send mail to accudio about this, so hope I get some answer.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution.