Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Looking to buy comparable IEM to UM3X for ~$150
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking to buy comparable IEM to UM3X for ~$150

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 

Hey everyone, I thought I had an account here but it may have got lost so I'm here with a new one.

 

I tried my brother's UM3X IEMs and they're awesome. I love how big the soundstage is and when I listened to my music in lossless it sounded spectacular. Great separation between the drivers: bass, mids and treble. You can hear everything! I tried my mom's UM1's and I was unimpressed. The sound was flat and uninspiring.

 

I'm a bit of an audiophile (picky I guess) and a musician (guitarist). I'm 90% into rock (Tool, A Perfect Circle, Coheed & Cambria, Circa Survive, RED) with the other 10% being a random mix of stuff like Pink Floyd, Sarah McLachlan, Oceanlab, classical, etc.

 

I'm looking to keep my budget to $150 or less. I was looking at the PFE112 or PFE111, Brainwavz B2, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations?

 

Thanks in advance!

post #2 of 4

From what I've read about the UM3X, it is warmer than the analytical Brainwavz B2 (no idea about the Phonak's). Maybe the TDK BA200 or the Yamaha EPH100 would be closer in signature to the UM3X?

post #3 of 4
Thread Starter 

Thank you for the reply!

 

Anyone else want to chime in?

post #4 of 4
I'll chime on and mention T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM. it has the staging you want but is not forgiving to poor quality recordings. feed it good source material though and it shines.

Here's the thread, they're bang on $150 atm shipped.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630235/t-peos-h-100-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Looking to buy comparable IEM to UM3X for ~$150