Hey everyone, i'm trying to decide whether i should upgrade to the audeze lcd-2s or not. I have the hd650s now, and although i love them, they don't really suit my needs for when i listen to bass heavy electronic music. The mid-bass is there, but i can tell that there is a huge dropoff when it comes to sub-bass. What i'm currently thinking about doing is saving up some money to get the lcd-2s and possibly sell the 650s. However, this would take a long time as they are expensive headphones, and i'm beginning to wonder whether i should just buy another pair of headphones for electronic music and keep the 650s. Could i get anyone's opinion on what i should do? I've always wanted to try the lcd-2s, and have no problem with saving up for them, but cost to performance wise, would it be better to have two separate cheaper headphones, or just have one? Thanks in advance!
Related Forum Threads
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headband mod for those sensitive to weight on top of head? Last post on 3/12/16 at 1:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Compared my HD650 to the LCD2 today and found them really close! Last post on 5/28/14 at 6:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which $500-$1000 headphone gives biggest slam on "Sk8er Boi"? Last post on 3/26/14 at 9:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONA fair bit of this review may borrow sections from my U6 review. The reason for this is that a lot of...
Special thanks to Fiio for sponsoring this review unit for testing purposes Firmware installed : 1.2 Micro SD size used: 128GB C10 Sandisk Spec...
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q Earphone Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Advanced AcousticWerkes Q earphone with the Hifiman MegaMini Dap Advanced AcousticWerkes Q...
First of all, fantastic sound. Not necessarily *non-biased*, but possesses smooth highs, fantastically defined mids, and rich, powerful, yet completely not overwhelming bass. I accidentally broke...
Thinksound On2 Review: A Wonderful Wooden On-Ear With A Small Ecological Footprint I like Thinksound products. I always have, with the exception of the On1. It was a product that had so much...
Not sure whether I should upgrade or have two pairs of headphonespost #1 of 41/4/13 at 11:57pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/5/13 at 12:26am
Can you go to a meet and try the LCD2s there?
I got rid of my HD650s as they did not have enough "bass satisfaction". I am also a bit concerned that there might be better, cheaper coices (say the Denon or Ultrasones) than LCD2s for bassy music.post #3 of 41/5/13 at 12:35amThread Starter
Unfortunately, there aren't any meets close to me anytime soon. However, my friend's friend has a pair. I'm seeing if there's a chance that i could try them, and if they are as good as everyone says they are, i'll make sure to post back in this thread.
- Not sure whether I should upgrade or have two pairs of headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 51 seconds ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Aria UK Review Tour 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 7 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 7 minutes ago
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by noobandroid
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › RHA MA750i by Peter Zhang
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...