Hey everyone, i'm trying to decide whether i should upgrade to the audeze lcd-2s or not. I have the hd650s now, and although i love them, they don't really suit my needs for when i listen to bass heavy electronic music. The mid-bass is there, but i can tell that there is a huge dropoff when it comes to sub-bass. What i'm currently thinking about doing is saving up some money to get the lcd-2s and possibly sell the 650s. However, this would take a long time as they are expensive headphones, and i'm beginning to wonder whether i should just buy another pair of headphones for electronic music and keep the 650s. Could i get anyone's opinion on what i should do? I've always wanted to try the lcd-2s, and have no problem with saving up for them, but cost to performance wise, would it be better to have two separate cheaper headphones, or just have one? Thanks in advance!
Related Forum Threads
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headband mod for those sensitive to weight on top of head? Last post on 10/25/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Compared my HD650 to the LCD2 today and found them really close! Last post on 5/28/14 at 6:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which $500-$1000 headphone gives biggest slam on "Sk8er Boi"? Last post on 3/26/14 at 9:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Not sure whether I should upgrade or have two pairs of headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can you go to a meet and try the LCD2s there?
I got rid of my HD650s as they did not have enough "bass satisfaction". I am also a bit concerned that there might be better, cheaper coices (say the Denon or Ultrasones) than LCD2s for bassy music.
Unfortunately, there aren't any meets close to me anytime soon. However, my friend's friend has a pair. I'm seeing if there's a chance that i could try them, and if they are as good as everyone says they are, i'll make sure to post back in this thread.
- Not sure whether I should upgrade or have two pairs of headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › JH-13 (non-FP) For Sale! 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Fake Sennheiser Momentums? 3 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2