Hey everyone, i'm trying to decide whether i should upgrade to the audeze lcd-2s or not. I have the hd650s now, and although i love them, they don't really suit my needs for when i listen to bass heavy electronic music. The mid-bass is there, but i can tell that there is a huge dropoff when it comes to sub-bass. What i'm currently thinking about doing is saving up some money to get the lcd-2s and possibly sell the 650s. However, this would take a long time as they are expensive headphones, and i'm beginning to wonder whether i should just buy another pair of headphones for electronic music and keep the 650s. Could i get anyone's opinion on what i should do? I've always wanted to try the lcd-2s, and have no problem with saving up for them, but cost to performance wise, would it be better to have two separate cheaper headphones, or just have one? Thanks in advance!
Related Forum Threads
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headband mod for those sensitive to weight on top of head? Last post on 10/25/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Compared my HD650 to the LCD2 today and found them really close! Last post on 5/28/14 at 6:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which $500-$1000 headphone gives biggest slam on "Sk8er Boi"? Last post on 3/26/14 at 9:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Not sure whether I should upgrade or have two pairs of headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can you go to a meet and try the LCD2s there?
I got rid of my HD650s as they did not have enough "bass satisfaction". I am also a bit concerned that there might be better, cheaper coices (say the Denon or Ultrasones) than LCD2s for bassy music.
Unfortunately, there aren't any meets close to me anytime soon. However, my friend's friend has a pair. I'm seeing if there's a chance that i could try them, and if they are as good as everyone says they are, i'll make sure to post back in this thread.
- Not sure whether I should upgrade or have two pairs of headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 59 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Portable DAC/AMP or Player? (Fiio X5 vs FiiO E17k) 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B6 ! 4 minutes ago
- › Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting 4 minutes ago
- › KEF M500 versus Martin Logan Mikros 90 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2