I updated the firmware successfully for my USB HRT Headstreamer to version 1.7. Before I used to be able to control the volume through WIndows. Now I can't change the volume except in each individual program I'm using and the overall sound is stuck at maximum. I can still mute through Windows. There is no other way to control the volume of the device since there is no knob on it and there is no software that controls it at all. It seems like this is supposed to happen to get better quality sound, but there must be some way to control the volume.
In the playback devices it still shows up. I used to be able to control the volume even if I was supposedly bypassing Windows sound (there was no gray volume meter going with the sound but the volume control still worked). Now I can't even control sound going through Windows.
Another thing, I noticed in my USB information it says that it plays Isochronous instead of Asynchronous like it's supposed to. (It's always been like that).
I also found that I can disable the device in Windows so I have no audio devices enabled but the sound still works. This didn't happen before.
Edited by g-kowz - 1/4/13 at 10:03am