Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › German MAESTRO - Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

German MAESTRO - Impressions Thread - Page 14

post #196 of 204

They might be moulded in the plastic.. Don´t want to pry if so :)

post #197 of 204

I ultimately bought the "cheaper" German Maestro GMP 160 headphones last year and have had them now for about a year. I specifically bought them as my first headphones (used earphones/in-ear headphones previously) after a lot of research and from what I read about German Maestro's reputation for durable equipment and being European made (generally) I bought them. I was really happy with the sound, until a few days ago when like on cheap earphones I've experienced often in the past, the left side's audio started cutting out on and off and making it therefore unpleasant and impossible to continue using. Its in the warranty period I believe so will be sending them back. :frown: I'm quite disappointed as I treated them very well, and eventhough it was their cheapest offering, I'm unemployed for health reasons and it cost a lot for me, it was as expensive as I was willing to go. Not sure how their refund policy works regarding if they try to fix or refund it but I've heard their customer service is very good. Its unfortunate as I like supporting European-made products/jobs which are extremely scarce nowadays, and never expected this to happen, but hopefully it can be fixed or I can find some replacement.

post #198 of 204
In a dedeicated 8.35 D thread. The OP named Acix had his logo branding on an ear cup fall off. They sent him a replacement that looked like it was pretty much a sticker in the photos, but not sure.
post #199 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahdidah View Post
 

I ultimately bought the "cheaper" German Maestro GMP 160 headphones last year and have had them now for about a year. I specifically bought them as my first headphones (used earphones/in-ear headphones previously) after a lot of research and from what I read about German Maestro's reputation for durable equipment and being European made (generally) I bought them. I was really happy with the sound, until a few days ago when like on cheap earphones I've experienced often in the past, the left side's audio started cutting out on and off and making it therefore unpleasant and impossible to continue using. Its in the warranty period I believe so will be sending them back. :frown: I'm quite disappointed as I treated them very well, and eventhough it was their cheapest offering, I'm unemployed for health reasons and it cost a lot for me, it was as expensive as I was willing to go. Not sure how their refund policy works regarding if they try to fix or refund it but I've heard their customer service is very good. Its unfortunate as I like supporting European-made products/jobs which are extremely scarce nowadays, and never expected this to happen, but hopefully it can be fixed or I can find some replacement.

 

I'm sure they'll try to help out especially if you're under the warranty time period, even if not looks like they'll find a good solution that will work for you. If you want the 8.35 model maybe you can ask them to add the differential price.  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNuneek View Post

In a dedeicated 8.35 D thread. The OP named Acix had his logo branding on an ear cup fall off. They sent him a replacement that looked like it was pretty much a sticker in the photos, but not sure.

 

 

My logo branding on the ear cup didn't fall off, just the white logo color comes off/ washed out from the branding plastic. I love the badass original white logo, I wanted to try the color one which I glued on the original template, so far is holding well more that I was expected. I can glue it harder if needed with the E6000. I guess you guys can ask them for the color stickers if they still have them.

post #200 of 204

Thank you Acix, yes I've only had it for a year and the warranty period is 3 years apparently. I will think about the 8.35.

post #201 of 204

I was thinking of upgrading to the 8.300D since its cheaper, but I'm not sure if it could be driven from an ipod like my GMP 160 or the 8.35D can - being 300 ohms - though I found one review saying it can.


Edited by blahdidah - 4/26/15 at 5:38am
post #202 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahdidah View Post
 

I was thinking of upgrading to the 8.300D since its cheaper, but I'm not sure if it could be driven from an ipod like my GMP 160 or the 8.35D can - being 300 ohms - though I found one review saying it can.


I run my 8.300D's from my FiiO X3 on low gain with the volume around 80/120 and that is quite loud for my ears. I am not sure how they would run from an iPod as I believe it has a lower output.

 

The 8.300D's have a very long and thick cable that is quite bulky for portable use. You can order them from the factory with a shorter portable cable if you contact them before ordering.

post #203 of 204

thank you very much for the input TD, I am concerned about that as its ohms seems to be a lot more then ipods generally can handle, im not sure how to see exactly. I don't mind the cable being long or thick as I'll pretty much only be using at home in any case. Though I may have to go for the 8.35 instead if its impossible to tell if it'll work fine with my ipod etc. 


Edited by blahdidah - 4/27/15 at 3:54am
post #204 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahdidah View Post
 

thank you very much for the input TD, I am concerned about that as its ohms seems to be a lot more then ipods generally can handle, im not sure how to see exactly. I don't mind the cable being long or thick as I'll pretty much only be using at home in any case. Though I may have to go for the 8.35 instead if its impossible to tell if it'll work fine with my ipod etc. 

 

The 8.35 will rock on good with an ipod.. Very easy to drive. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › German MAESTRO - Impressions Thread