Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review] - Page 57

post #841 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Curiosity9 View Post

Me neither. Have yet to see anything happen. Seeing that he is a trusted seller, as per stated by other Head-Fiers; I think it's safe to say, we'll be taken care of just fine. 

 

I guess tomorrow now might be the day I see a shipped notification in my email. tongue.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Guys, it appears Pollychen has completely sold out of amps for the time being, I've had some members asking where to purchase. tongue.gif

Do not fear, this seller is also in relation to the eBay store fanmusic audio (same as Pollychen) offering free express shipping, but located in China.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-C-C-BH-Portable-Headphone-AMP-battery-AMP-CC-BH-/170746351186?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item27c1468e52

 

Thats the seller I was going to order from before lol

 

Ended up going with pollychen instead coz of his Head-Fi rep, even though it was 68p more expensive.

post #842 of 3314
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

Thanks. I did notice that went I searched the vendors. I posted on the Mad Dogs thread that I'm looking to make mine portable. After reading some reviews on this thread it seems like the C&C BH would be a good pairing. I do need a better source than the crappy dac in my Galaxy S2, so I was considering pairing the ring with a Colorfly C3 based on all the positive reviews of it merged with the BH. I need to stay around the $200 range or less for amp+dac. Looking for bang for the buck, not the best possible gear. 
Any thoughts on the C&C BH with this perspective rig?

I have that current rig, I can confirm what you've been reading. it will set you back $200 roughly for the amp and player. I also recommend finding a decent 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect cable on eBay. The included cable in the C&C BH package is fine however upgrade it if you can. The C3 / C&C BH combo has become rather popular and for good reason. Plus they sit exactly on top of each other. It will look like this (without the cable)



Remembering C3 is purely a music player, there's no playlists, no album, artist, genre etc...It's very simple focused on sound quality. You basically select a folder then play the files within the folder. There's no custom EQ. It supprts a few basic repeat, shuffle options, some backlight and brightness settings and some preset EQ's. It's designed to be used flat for audiophiles.

I can vouch for the synergy though.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 2/19/13 at 4:39am
post #843 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I have that current rig, I can confirm what you've been reading. it will set you back $200 roughly for the amp and player. I also recommend finding a decent 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect cable on eBay. The included cable in the C&C BH package is fine however upgrade it if you can. The C3 / C&C BH combo has become rather popular and for good reason. Plus they sit exactly on top of each other. It will look like this (without the cable)



Remembering C3 is purely a music player, there's no playlists, no album, artist, genre etc...It's very simple focused on sound quality. You basically select a folder then play the files within the folder. There's no custom EQ. It supprts a few basic repeat, shuffle options, some backlight and brightness settings and some preset EQ's. It's designed to be used flat for audiophiles.

I can vouch for the synergy though.

 

 

 

Thanks. is there an interconnect that you recommend? Finally, since the bands from the BH appear to be very tight, what do you use to hook your C3 to it?

post #844 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post

 

I guess tomorrow now might be the day I see a shipped notification in my email. tongue.gif

 

I hope so too! Can't wait for it's arrival:)

post #845 of 3314

Kamakahah, C3 with BH amp is pretty good and pretty cheap combo. sound is sweet and magnificent. all you need is search also for IEMs which pair well with this combo. here we have many users who can help with recommending good but not expensive IEMs.

 

as concerns cable it all depends how much you want to spend. i find great result with Baolong Pailiccs silver-copper alloy cable sold for 39$ but there are cheaper great cables out there, ask H20 and others. for 20$ you can have good interconnect.

post #846 of 3314
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

Thanks. is there an interconnect that you recommend? Finally, since the bands from the BH appear to be very tight, what do you use to hook your C3 to it?

Depending how portable you want the rig to be I recommend this SMSL silver plated cable which is $19 offering great performance, others have confirmed. But I must say it's not the most flexible, so if this rig is going in your pocket it may stand out a bit.

it will look like this.




Regarding the bands, when I orignally wrote the mini review I had not tried stretching them to much, however since with several buyers it has been confirmed you can stretch them over a 5G ipod classic so there would not be problem using them with C3 (I need to patch that up). What you might want though is something inbetween the amp and player as a cushion because it will be metal on metal.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 2/19/13 at 4:50am
post #847 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Kamakahah, C3 with BH amp is pretty good and pretty cheap combo. sound is sweet and magnificent. all you need is search also for IEMs which pair well with this combo. here we have many users who can help with recommending good but not expensive IEMs.

 

as concerns cable it all depends how much you want to spend. i find great result with Baolong Pailiccs silver-copper alloy cable sold for 39$ but there are cheaper great cables out there, ask H20 and others. for 20$ you can have good interconnect.

 

As I stated in my first post, the purpose is to make my Mr.Speakers Mad Dogs w/ Alpha pads a portable possibility. While we are on the subject of IEMs, I was actually about to pull the trigger on the CKN70s. 

 

Thanks for the cable recommendations. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just practical, maybe around $15-20 tops. Most of the time I'm at home with my desktop rig, but for some of my downtime at school, or when I travel for family stuff I just thought it would be nice to make my current phones go with me.

post #848 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post

 

Ok I did it too lol.

 

Here's an odd question, I just ran it down to nothing, so I'm charging it now.  The red light came on, solid.  So how do I know when it's fully charged?

 

InC&Ception

post #849 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

 

InC&Ception

You're just full of ingenius ideas, aren't you? InC&Ception..why didn't I think of that!

post #850 of 3314

Kamak, check this out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pailiccs-Baolong-Hifi-cable-3-5mm-MALE-to-MALE-Stereo-Audio-Cable-for-MP3-PC-/261129231755?pt=US_Personal_CD_Players&hash=item3ccc83dd8b

 

i have the first one from the list. while not most comfortable and thick this cable gives me a good lift in the sound quality that is audible without any scientific measurement :-)))

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Stereo-Jack-Audio-Cable-Silver-for-Headphone-Amp-iPod-iPhone-Head-Fi-CHF20-/261096964378?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3cca97811a

 

also good:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Nordost-3-5-to-3-5-silver-coating-7N-OFC-A1-handmade-cable-interconnects-/121031833700?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item1c2e0f3864


Edited by Gintaras - 2/19/13 at 5:01am
post #851 of 3314
post #852 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

 

As I stated in my first post, the purpose is to make my Mr.Speakers Mad Dogs w/ Alpha pads a portable possibility. While we are on the subject of IEMs, I was actually about to pull the trigger on the CKN70s. 

 

Thanks for the cable recommendations. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just practical, maybe around $15-20 tops. Most of the time I'm at home with my desktop rig, but for some of my downtime at school, or when I travel for family stuff I just thought it would be nice to make my current phones go with me.

 

i do not like Audiotechnica myself and not sure how CKN70s will sound.

 

ask members on the advice for good IEM, i think CNK70s is not cheap and there might be better IEMs out there you never heard of before.

 

as concerns cable stick to H20 advice in this case, looks very decent for 20$ :-)

post #853 of 3314
Thread Starter 
That last link Gintaras gave is actually a very plausible option, if you read the listing the seller will make them customised to length .
Edited by H20Fidelity - 2/19/13 at 5:02am
post #854 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

i do not like Audiotechnica myself and not sure how CKN70s will sound.

ask members on the advice for good IEM, i think CNK70s is not cheap and there might be better IEMs out there you never heard of before.

as concerns cable stick to H20 advice in this case, looks very decent for 20$ :-)

Im actually a fan of the newer ath products. Ive played around with some budget wonders from other threads, but Im always open to solid suggestions.
post #855 of 3314
Look what I just got guys!

DHL notification. My BH and LOD are on their way to me from pollychen. biggrin.gif

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/2dzwkgcfak1t03s/Rk9pwU2ESe

Sorry, the mobile site won't let me attach an image from my phone.
Edited by Lifted Andreas - 2/19/13 at 6:14am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]