Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review] - Page 4

post #46 of 3199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

Man, if you don't use LOD you are mixing the amps of both your PMP and portable AMP. The result is a much muddy and congested sound than using LOD that bypasses your PMP's crap amp. GET A COPPER OR SILVER, BUT LOD!!! Change your player if it doesn't have Line Out Dock. You don't know  what you've been loosing ; ) 

Both my main DAP's Hifiman HM-601 and Colorfly CK4 have dedicated line out, so I'm on the 3.5 to 3.5 interconnect train smile.gif I was looking at some silver plated cables and have tried solid core silver in the past, but I like warmth from copper. I will indeed look at some more expensive silver plated interconnects possibly with right angle jacks. The only player I'm double amping is Colorfly C3, though it's headphone out is rather clean. (as they say) wink.gif



I will be very interested to get some impressions in with idevices too.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/6/13 at 2:36am
post #47 of 3199

I tend to not like silver plated copper as much as either pure copper or pure silver but of course, I haven't heard everything.

post #48 of 3199
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Yes, sound field switch. smile.gif I'm achieving best results from HM-601 line out atm. Nice, smooth, plenty of power on tap, this amp also improves stereo greatly on all the sources I've tried, stage depth is also noteworthy. I spent three hours listening last night and my initial impressions haven't changed, if anything I'm liking it even more. Size, power and most of SQ. I can safely say this surpasses my old E11 and can't wait to get some impressions in to confirm that. Cleaner, smoother, everything blends nicely. And we're creeping up past 10 hours so far, I'll be keeping a tab on the claimed 80 hours battery life.
Here's some more size comparisons with players we're more familiar with - (without bands on the amp)


Thanks everyone else for all your input about this.
I went for this one. I like my copper! wink.gif
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261014236655?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Looks perfect size for a Fuze LO. I agree with MIOW but if the HO of a clip or c3 sounds worse with an amp, the amp could probably be better. I modded a cheap 4558 amp and it beats an E11 and makes the HO of a clip slightly better. More solid. That ones a good teat as it's hard to improve. C3 would have it's output impedance corrected as well so more to gain. I posted in another thread that higher power doesn't improve things but more current than and SOC can carry on it's tracks may.


Edited by goodvibes - 1/5/13 at 7:36pm
post #49 of 3199

Wow. And here I was ready to buy a XM5. This is WAY cheaper, smaller, and I don't need a DAC and the BH has similar feature sets.

This helps me save up for an XM6 (or whatever else I end up discovering here) in the far future haha. 

Anyone know how the BH will compare to the E12?

post #50 of 3199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

I tend to not like silver plated copper as much as either pure copper or pure silver but of course, I haven't heard everything.

The only silver plated cable I've tried is Dark Lord for the TF10. I actually didn't mind the sound, though I'm yet to try an interconnect in such form.

I will end up trying one because I am rather curious.

I ran the rockboxed Clip+ this afternoon and it was a decent pairing,, strangely enough as I've previously mentioned I was obtaining the best results with the Clip+ volume set to max past 0db (+6 I think it is) there was little if any distortion but I imagine 0db would also be fine.. Using high gain the Clip+ really seemed to benefit most from the amplification.. And yet again as with each source I've tried that same smoothness and depth was present plus a little more width in the soundstage.

Where I was really impressed this afternoon was with an ipod touch 2G using L9 LOD. Very good results there. especially again with left / right stereo, depth, mid range and bass detailing. BH really seems to not only give you more impact it tends to have it's own character and part of that is this awesome bass detail I find on each of my sources using it. Treble however seems a little less extended, but part of that is giving the smooth transition I keep mentioning.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

Wow. And here I was ready to buy a XM5. This is WAY cheaper, smaller, and I don't need a DAC and the BH has similar feature sets.


This helps me save up for an XM6 (or whatever else I end up discovering here) in the far future haha. 


Anyone know how the BH will compare to the E12?

I really don't know sorry, I wish I could help you out there.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/28/13 at 5:32pm
post #51 of 3199

@H20Fidelity,

 

Thanks for creating this review thread based on your purchase.  While I don't have my amp anymore, I still yearn for it.  The sound was quite good, and the features on the amp worked well.  I'd have no hesitation in purchasing this product again in the future if the need was there.

post #52 of 3199
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Both my main DAP's Hifiman HM-601 and Colorfly CK4 have dedicated line out, so I'm on the 3.5 to 3.5 interconnect train smile.gif I was looking at some silver plated cables and have tried solid core silver in the past, but I like warmth from copper. I will indeed look at some more expensive silver plated interconnects possibly with right angle jacks. The only player I'm double amping is Colorfly C3, though it's headphone out is rather clean. (as they say) wink.gif

I will be very interested to get some impressions in with idevices too.

Smart cables and the amp looks a perfect size, much thinner than my iBasso. Is the volume pot maxed just for the photo? I read some comment that China cannot send out any goods with a battery in them? Anyway looking forward to the switches to mod the sound somewhat easier than rolling opamps and not that simple to boost bass if at all.

Shame it might take a while to get to the UK, boo.

post #53 of 3199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinth View Post

Smart cables and the amp looks a perfect size, much thinner than my iBasso. Is the volume pot maxed just for the photo? I read some comment that China cannot send out any goods with a battery in them? Anyway looking forward to the switches to mod the sound somewhat easier than rolling opamps and not that simple to boost bass if at all.

Shame it might take a while to get to the UK, boo.

 

This might be true.  I think the actual rule exists because batteries are corrosive material.  Usually, the carriers and flyers of goods can run a risk of many issues happening if the plane is at 30,000 feet at the corrosive material in a battery breaks loose and causes chemical reactions in the plane.  There are special shipping methods to get around this, though.  Here is a link to a policy for the U.K., which reflects that batteries which are smaller, and have been tested, can be approved for shipping in regular cargo.

 

http://www.mpoweruk.com/shipping_regs.htm

post #54 of 3199

Thanks for the link. Think amps with lithium must be ok.

 

 

Exempt products

  • Nickel Cadmium (NiCd) - not affected
  • Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) - not affected
  • Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) - exclusions
    • Batteries carried for personal use
    • Batteries installed within equipment
post #55 of 3199

Yeah, no problems ; )

post #56 of 3199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

@H20Fidelity,

Thanks for creating this review thread based on your purchase.  While I don't have my amp anymore, I still yearn for it.  The sound was quite good, and the features on the amp worked well.  I'd have no hesitation in purchasing this product again in the future if the need was there.

No worry's wje, thank you for your feedback before I made the purchase. Great little amp I can see why you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinth View Post

Smart cables and the amp looks a perfect size, much thinner than my iBasso. Is the volume pot maxed just for the photo? I read some comment that China cannot send out any goods with a battery in them? Anyway looking forward to the switches to mod the sound somewhat easier than rolling opamps and not that simple to boost bass if at all.
Shame it might take a while to get to the UK, boo.

The volume pot in that photo is on minimum, only clicked on a smidgen for lighting effect. (power light) Just over 3 o'clock is where the dial sits on my unit when off.

Battery time so far 20 hours guy's!
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/6/13 at 4:59pm
post #57 of 3199

I've paid an extra $24 for DHL Express. Do you guys think this will call customs attention? Item will be declared for $35. It's real value biggrin.gif

post #58 of 3199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

I've paid an extra $24 for DHL Express. Do you guys think this will call customs attention? Item will be declared for $35. It's real value biggrin.gif

You'll have your amp really quickly dude, I was concerned about customs, but mine got through in Australia ok.

Reminds me of a hit flask when you hold it. Using mine right now with Colorfly CK4 and some dubstep, L3000.gif
post #59 of 3199
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Battery time so far 20 hours guy's!

 

Wow. And you can play it while it's charging. Resistance...

post #60 of 3199
Hi

I'm looking to buy this amp, but I don't know what is the difference between BH and BK model. Please let me know,thnx.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]