or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review] - Page 214

post #3196 of 3408
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephLinrad View Post

I just bought mine a few weeks ago and the pot has become hard to turn near the top end. Imagine that it's oiled smoothly, turns without any issues, then half way to the top it feels rough, like the knob is grinding against bare metal at some increments.

Is there an easy fix for this? Will it get worse? I've treated it like a baby, btw.


Can you try pulling the volume knob a little bit away from the casing? Just around 1mm, The knob may be scuffing the metal casing when reaching a certain volume. it's just a metal knob that slides over the pot.

post #3197 of 3408

For those of you with a charging problem, only use a single USB 5V 1 AMP wall adapter for the CC BK/BH2. If there's two of them, then the amps will be split and it will take 2.5x longer to fully charge.

post #3198 of 3408
My volume knob got a little 'gritty' and hard to turn too. Pull the knob off (it comes off pretty easy) and blow in it or give it a quick blow from compressed air. Its probably just a piece of pocket lint in the Pot.
post #3199 of 3408
Will give that a try. Thanks guys. The sound is amazing with my WS99's.
post #3200 of 3408
Hello all first time post, debating on next amp combo I currently have a Sony f887 e12 and am Thinking of one of these
C&C bh2
C&C X02
JDS Labs C5
Arrow 5g
Ifi
Others?
Impressions,thoughts, facts all appreciated pairing with jvc fx850 which sound great currently btw. What do you think would sound the best thanks in advanced
post #3201 of 3408
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedny View Post

Hello all first time post, debating on next amp combo I currently have a Sony f887 e12 and am Thinking of one of these
C&C bh2
C&C X02
JDS Labs C5
Arrow 5g
Ifi
Others?
Impressions,thoughts, facts all appreciated pairing with jvc fx850 which sound great currently btw. What do you think would sound the best thanks in advanced

These two portable amp shootouts cover many of the amps you are interested in (and some others), including the C&C BH:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/596482/the-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout-11-1-amps-compared
http://www.head-fi.org/t/620775/the-sub-200-portable-amps-shootout-13-11-amps-compared
post #3202 of 3408
Thanx anyone else with comments greatly appreciated
post #3203 of 3408

Greetings All,

 

I wanted to share my experience with the C&C BH2. I have had it for a month now and I have to agree with what everyone has said here. It really is a nice amp for the price class it's in. Interestingly I also have a WISS Audio Sound Gun 2, and I'll be darn if they don't sound very similar? Yes the WISS does not have the SF or the LF but I have found that with the LF on it adds muffling to the presentation not at lower volumes, but more at the higher ones.

 

Now the SF is nice and clean at any level and the WISS sounds very similar with this switch on the C&C which was interesting. Yes the WISS is a bit more ($126.00 Amazon) and not as flexible as the C&C with the additional two options, but it's really nice and clean and simple and has the same dimensions as the C&C which is nice and you don't have to wait 2-3 weeks to get it.

 

The WISS is as quiet as the C&C which is nice but not sure about the battery replacement. It does have two outs that are exactly the same which some people have complained they would of preferred on the C&C. I have to say that they both seems drive dual driver and triple driver IEM's that I used to test very well. Both are very quiet with no hissing until you engage the HI switches. The WISS should really be added to the list of portables to have someone with a real ear test it as see if it's another nice portable amp others may wish to consider in a shoot out.

 

Tested with .m4a lossless audio files with Weston 3's and dual driver Aurvana's Cardas cable via 3.5mm out.

 

Thank you.


Edited by Hi-Fi'er - 5/15/14 at 6:49pm
post #3204 of 3408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Fi'er View Post

Greetings All,

I wanted to share my experience with the C&C BH2. I have had it for a month now and I have to agree with what everyone has said here. It really is a nice amp for the price class it's in. Interestingly I also have a WISS Audio Sound Gun 2, and I'll be darn if they don't sound very similar? Yes the WISS does not have the SF or the LF but I have found that with the LF on it adds muffling to the presentation not at lower volumes, but more at the higher ones.

Now the SF is nice and clean at any level and the WISS sounds very similar with this switch on the C&C which was interesting. Yes the WISS is a bit more ($126.00 Amazon) and not as flexible as the C&C with the additional two options, but it's really nice and clean and simple and has the same dimensions as the C&C which is nice and you don't have to wait 2-3 weeks to get it.

The WISS is as quiet as the C&C which is nice but not sure about the battery replacement. It does have two outs that are exactly the same which some people have complained they would of preferred on the C&C. I have to say that they both seems drive dual driver and triple driver IEM's that I used to test very well. Both are very quiet with no hissing until you engage the HI switches. The WISS should really be added to the list of portables to have someone with a real ear test it as see if it's another nice portable amp others may wish to consider in a shoot out.

Tested with .m4a lossless audio files with Weston 3's and dual driver Aurvana's Cardas cable via 3.5mm out.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedny View Post

Thanx anyone else with comments greatly appreciated
C&C be my go toooo.....love it!
post #3205 of 3408
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBop Lives View Post



C&C be my go toooo.....love it!

I didn't mean it in a bad way.:confused_face:  The C&C is great. Just that there are other offerings that seem to be catching up with it that's all.

post #3206 of 3408

I can say that the C&C does appear to have more output than the WISS so it still edges over it somewhat.

post #3207 of 3408

Just ordered the C&C BH the BH2 model from ebay and waiting for it . I will compare it with pa2v2 once it arrives ;)

post #3208 of 3408
Quote:
Originally Posted by shak85 View Post
 

Just ordered the C&C BH the BH2 model from ebay and waiting for it . I will compare it with pa2v2 once it arrives ;)

I´m intereted too on the PA2V2 (specially for the Momentum and Amperior) and have myself the C&CBH2, I would like to know about your impressions. Please don´t forget to share your system and HP,

thanks


Edited by Don Lehrer - 5/26/14 at 8:18am
post #3209 of 3408

After spending more time with the WISS vs. the C&C, I do have to say that the C&C is better. It has much more power output. The WISS maxes out and does not get to that same point, so it's limited in it's output. Soundwise they are still similar only when the SF is turned on on the C&C it sounds just like the WISS.

 

I still like that I have more flexibility to turn on/off the LF with different IEM's that I use. On another note, with the C&C I can drive larger headphones which is somewhat impressive, whereas the WISS seems to seem to not have enough oomph to do the same. So to all the C&C fans out there, congrats on a nice purchase! I agree with the masses. I love my C&C also! It's one bass ass little mother!


Edited by Hi-Fi'er - 5/28/14 at 12:45pm
post #3210 of 3408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Fi'er View Post
 

After spending more time with the WISS vs. the C&C, I do have to say that the C&C is better. It has much more power output. The WISS maxes out and does not get to that same point, so it's limited in it's output. Soundwise they are still similar only when the SF is turned on on the C&C it sounds just like the WISS.

 

I still like that I have more flexibility to turn on/off the LF with different IEM's that I use. On another note, with the C&C I can drive larger headphones which is somewhat impressive, whereas the WISS seems to seem to not have enough oomph to do the same. So to all the C&C fans out there, congrats on a nice purchase! I agree with the masses. I love my C&C also! It's one bass ass little mother!

 

:beerchug:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]