Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review] - Page 174

post #2596 of 3314

is the person selling trustworthy?

post #2597 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSexy View Post

can someone post a link to where i can buy this?

Glad you listened, mate:)

 

You're doing yourself a great favour by avoiding the other entry level amps, such as the E11.

post #2598 of 3314
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSexy View Post

is the person selling trustworthy?

Yes 100%, most members purchased through pollychen. I have just linked you to Head-Fi members main supplier of C&C BH (BH2)
post #2599 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo21 View Post

OK, so it has been day two with mye C&C/Hifimediy Dac Shure SH840 combo. Have to say that after 25 hours of burn-in I'm a little bit more positive than I was yesterday. Things have fallen more together and I no longer feel that the FIIO E07K is better. The clarity and rythm and pace...and also the bass has come along nicely. I have to pinpoint that my initial impressions was with lo gain, LF on and out1. I experimented a bit today and used out 2 with lf and lo gain, and it got incredibly sibilant....this could also have something to do with the ES9023 dac. Because when I changed the bitrating around a bit, some of the sibilance went away. I'm gonna test it more with different settings in the morning.

 

At least it's starting to come good I feel. It's still playing and when I get to work tomorrow it will have played around 50 hours. Very much looking forward to hear it again in the morning.

 
 
If you haven't already seen this thread, it may help with settings or give you some ideas of things to try?  http://www.head-fi.org/t/659321/hifimediy-usb-sabre-dac-setup-help
post #2600 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari33 View Post

 
 
If you haven't already seen this thread, it may help with settings or give you some ideas of things to try?  http://www.head-fi.org/t/659321/hifimediy-usb-sabre-dac-setup-help

 

unsurprising because when you come from typical hifi to high-end the resolve of detail and dynamics might sound like an overkill at first listen until your ears begin to adjust. i guess this what happens to you coming from Fiio to C&C... no joke i saw not one guy who would tell me my front rig sounds sharp and so overdetail spacious... then after a few hours listen people cannot stop and demand more... after a few hours more they begin to tell this sounds now so huge and nicely warm around the mid tones... go figure what was their opinion a few hours ago :-D


Edited by Gintaras - 7/12/13 at 3:28am
post #2601 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Glad you listened, mate:)

 

You're doing yourself a great favour by avoiding the other entry level amps, such as the E11.

lol thanks man! I was honestly thinking of going with that

post #2602 of 3314
Thread Starter 
I'll be testing BH with Vsonic's GR01 dual BA and Yamaha's open air HPH-200 headphone soon.

Stay tuned for some impressions.




post #2603 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I'll be testing BH with Vsonic's GR01 dual BA and Yamaha's open air HPH-200 headphone soon.


Stay tuned for some impressions.






Looking forward to seeing how the Yamaha's perform with the BH.

Keep us posted wink.gif
Edited by SkyBleu - 7/15/13 at 6:38am
post #2604 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

unsurprising because when you come from typical hifi to high-end the resolve of detail and dynamics might sound like an overkill at first listen until your ears begin to adjust. i guess this what happens to you coming from Fiio to C&C... no joke i saw not one guy who would tell me my front rig sounds sharp and so overdetail spacious... then after a few hours listen people cannot stop and demand more... after a few hours more they begin to tell this sounds now so huge and nicely warm around the mid tones... go figure what was their opinion a few hours ago :-D

I think it's probably something akin to sensory overload to begin with. It's been a while since my first hifi experience so I can't really remember tongue.gif
post #2605 of 3314

can anyone recommend me an LOD for this amp? Not sure which one to get. Preferably one under 40 bucks

post #2606 of 3314
post #2607 of 3314
post #2608 of 3314

Well.....I always like to look at pictures, so here's one of my office setup at the moment.

 

It's a the original 3.5mm cable that came with the C&C, but I got two others in the mail today, one silver one and one pure copper one. Both from ebay and noname.

post #2609 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo21 View Post

Well.....I always like to look at pictures, so here's one of my office setup at the moment.



It's a the original 3.5mm cable that came with the C&C, but I got two others in the mail today, one silver one and one pure copper one. Both from ebay and noname.
Hey man how would you compare those srh840 to other similarly priced cans
post #2610 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post

Hey man how would you compare those srh840 to other similarly priced cans

I really like these Shure's. They probably have a little bit emphasis on the midrange, nice bass but not overblown, and quite neutral treble. Compared to K551 that I have, they are a bit more closed in, and lacks probably a bit width and depth, but they are very musical and they're still my work-phones. Was gonna use the Soundmagic HP100 at work, but received a faulty pair, and having difficulties getting a replacement to me. The seller promised he would send them and, I still haven't received them after 14 days. I also complained to Ebay buyer protection, but as long as the seller says he has sent them they're siding with him....I feel this deal is going south and I now have Hp100's that only work on one ear...that's $200 monoheadphones... mad.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]