Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review] - Page 170

post #2536 of 3314

i am getting my ASG-2 this monday or if god is cruel then friday , will post my impressions here and on the ASG-2 comparison thread started by eke

post #2537 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post


Okays, Gintaras! If you say so!

I mean, I got the T1 chilling on loan with me here at the moment, and it appears to be collecting dust already haha

I only said RSA and Vorzuge to you because I think they'll perform better for you than a T1. smily_headphones1.gif
Keep in mind, Gintaras, they cost more, hence they should sound way better, right? wink.gif

 

man oh man........ you bad boy deadhorse.gif

 

seriously, i PM'd H20 about comparing again BH and T1. i welcome him to share this with you. there are some things i would nearly agree but T1 has a mission no gimmicks unlike BH...

BH can sound sometimes more interesting while T1 will sound more refined and clean blacker space adding. it all depends what one is looking for.

 

for what is worth i do not find them to be 100% comparable because HG gimmick will be game changer for some... still T1 for me is cleaner and blacker space sounding making music flow more natural. tongue.gif

 

AS .... ASs.... asssssss regards PRICE - PERFORMANCE ratio THE FACT is THAT right NOW i LISTEN to C3+BH combo and H200 (red cable) and i LOVE IT... so YOU are UNFAIR to me on this and you deserve again deadhorse.gif

o2smile.gif


Edited by Gintaras - 7/7/13 at 3:14am
post #2538 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

 

man oh man........ you bad boy deadhorse.gif

 

seriously, i PM'd H20 about comparing again BH and T1. i welcome him to share this with you. there are some things i would nearly agree but T1 has a mission no gimmicks unlike BH...

BH can sound sometimes more interesting while T1 will sound more refined and clean blacker space adding. it all depends what one is looking for.

 

for what is worth i do not find them to be 100% comparable because HG gimmick will be game changer for some... still T1 for me is cleaner and blacker space sounding making music flow more natural. tongue.gif

 

AS .... ASs.... asssssss regards PRICE - PERFORMANCE ratio THE FACT is THAT right NOW i LISTEN to C3+BH combo and H200 (red cable) and i LOVE IT... so YOU are UNFAIR to me on this and you deserve again deadhorse.gif

o2smile.gif

Oh, Gintaras, I believe you're the bad boy here! wink.gif

 

Yes, he had shared your message with me of your second comparison, and of course, who would've known that the T1 would take the trophy once and for all! tongue.gif

 

"T1 has a mission no gimmicks unlike BH..." And, so, what's its mission? To worsen the sound of my DAP? har har har.

More like, BH has a mission, to make its money worth in performance, as opposed to a T1, which is double the price of a BH, if not a bit more, and what does it offer? The sound of audio that has to diffuse through multiple layers of wet tissues and cotton to make the sound more clustered, warm and depleted of its clarity.

 

What do you mean it will sound "more refined and clean"?
It sounds muffled and not anywhere near clean! I can say it sounds more muddy as opposed to "clean"..Not much needs to be said here, the amp proved your statement wrong; maybe not to you, but it does to others, like yours truly, me! biggrin.gif

 

(Psst, Gintaras, I think the BH has a much cleaner sound with all of its switches, or as you may like to call them, "gimmicks", turned off wink.gif)

 

There is one point here I can agree with you on, and that's this "it all depends on what one is looking for." I guess in this situation, the sound quality of the T1 is what you're looking for when it comes to amping your RWAK100. I mean, what can I say? Nothing is better than taking the clarity away from a player that's renowned for its clarity! wink.gif

 

"for what is worth i do not find them to be 100% comparable because HG gimmick will be game changer for some... still T1 for me is cleaner and blacker space sounding making music flow more natural."

 

Actually, they are quite comparable, my friend!
"For what is worth", I do in fact, think this is 100% comparable, because not only does the HG/LF/SF "gimmicks" make the BH the superior one here, it also humiliates the T1 for its price, as you may already know, the T1 is double the BH's price, and offers half the quality. tongue.gif

I believe, you my friend, also comparing them yourself, are you not? Saying how the BH pulls away in this, whilst the T1 beats it in this, etc.

Then again, it was also you, who brought up the "Pinto Vs. Ferrari" situation, am I correct? How Pinto is totally out of the Ferrari's league due to the amount you pay and its performance..Well...here you go with the BH Vs. T1! Remember a while back when you once said that the T1 kicks the BH's bottom? Yeah, me too, yet here you are, making slight comparisons between the two. wink.gif 
I'll go from your example, I think Pinto's can be compared to Ferrari's, and we all know what the results would be from that; but my point is, that they're comparable, just the results would be obvious. The only thing here, that makes the T1 not comparable to the BH to you is this...

What differs the BH from the T1. (Click to show)

 

 

But again, I'll also give you another point for stating it has a blacker space in the sound it produces, as it does sound more fuller as opposed to the BH, but I can't say the T1 as a whole, makes my music flow more naturally..What the T1 does to my audio, is comparable to what a 3 year old does to play-dough. It mashes everything together, roll it around, whilst adding a bit of warmth from its hands to the dough, and then there you have it! Ta-da! normal_smile%20.gif

 

Ginny, Ginny, Ginny..."regards PRICE - PERFORMANCE ratio"...

Are you trying to contradict yourself that the T1, truly, does not prove it is worth its price when put up against its performance?

Because I think that. etysmile.gif

 

I'm unfair to you? eek.gif

I think you're getting this the wrong way around! I believe, you're being unfair to me, if not a few of us, about how the T1 is so great and all, in which its not that great, but you know, if it floats your boat, then that's good I guess - having an easy acceptance of sound quality.

 

Which brings me onto my next topic...the amazing T1's hype...I'll just put it in short. The T1 does not even deserve that hype, and you too damn well know that, Gintaras! biggrin.gif


Edited by SkyBleu - 7/7/13 at 4:20am
post #2539 of 3314

SkyBlue, whatever you wish, this is not T1 thread anyway.

 

Fiat Punto, not Pint... Pint is what Brits use to measure the amount of booze they drink :-D

 

BH is brilliant little amp impossible to fault for the price and i wrote it many times. so no need to prove me something what i know very well.

 

and if we differ on T1 so Let It Be biggrin.gif

 

as regards Price-Performance i do not care so much about this. First i listen second i ask about the price ... if i like sound and price is right i take it wink_face.gif


Edited by Gintaras - 7/7/13 at 4:37am
post #2540 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

SkyBlue, whatever you wish, this is not T1 thread anyway.

Fiat Punto, not Pint... Pint is what Brits use to measure the amount of booze they drink :-D

BH is brilliant little amp impossible to fault for the price and i wrote it many times. so no need to prove me something what i know very well.

and if we differ on T1 so Let It Be biggrin.gif

as regards Price-Performance i do not care so much about this. First i listen second i ask about the price ... if i like sound and price is right i take it wink_face.gif

So let it be, we shall! biggrin.gif
post #2541 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post


So let it be, we shall! biggrin.gif

 

speaking of which BH+H200+C3 = marriage in heaven.... i am listening now to this rig and it blows my socks off beerchug.gif

post #2542 of 3314

gonna try this , Fiio X3 line out crossroad's cryo silver cable to C&C X02 AMP to Aurisonics ASG-2  this coming friday this will be an epic pairing 

post #2543 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeshock View Post

gonna try this , Fiio X3 line out crossroad's cryo silver cable to C&C X02 AMP to Aurisonics ASG-2  this coming friday this will be an epic pairing 

We'd all love to know your impressions on the set up as a whole, when you've tried it!
post #2544 of 3314
Subscribed. Need to know about C&C BH and ASG 1.3 and/or 2. After using the amp I want to know if ASG 1.3 can handle the extra upper mids/treble like GR07 can or if it will break under the pressure like Redgiant A03.
post #2545 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeshock View Post

gonna try this , Fiio X3 line out crossroad's cryo silver cable to C&C X02 AMP to Aurisonics ASG-2  this coming friday this will be an epic pairing 

 

so does it mean X3 needs amp?

post #2546 of 3314
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

Subscribed. Need to know about C&C BH and ASG 1.3 and/or 2. After using the amp I want to know if ASG 1.3 can handle the extra upper mids/treble like GR07 can or if it will break under the pressure like Redgiant A03.

I have tried C&C BH with ASG-1 v1.2 though only very briefly, anything I say would not be of much use. From what I remember ASG handled the amp rather well and seemed to benefit from the extra boost in power, I wasn't listening to any specific area though. GR07 MK2 actually sound very nice with C3 /BH combo, a nice balance through lows to high, I found.
post #2547 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I have tried C&C BH with ASG-1 v1.2 though only very briefly, anything I say would not be of much use. From what I remember ASG handled the amp rather well and seemed to benefit from the extra boost in power, I wasn't listening to any specific area though. GR07 MK2 actually sound very nice with C3 /BH combo, a nice balance through lows to high, I found.

Well, it's a start. I've gotten used to the idea of actually using the different boosts and find that when the recording quality allows it I really enjoy using the LF+SF with my GR07. It adds that extra sparkle and more importantly for me, the air that I feel is missing when comparing to something even brighter like RE0. The driver in GR07 really can handle the extra treble in my opinion. Haven't heard the C3/BH combo. I've only used the BH with the hifimediy ES9023 (16/48) with my cpu or Galaxy S4. But very satisfied. 

 

If anybody know of any impressions with ASG-1(.3) or ASG-2 (even if that's far away from where I'm at right now) I'd be very happy to hear them! Also some kind of explanation to exactly what differs Out1 and Out2.

post #2548 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swy05 View Post

If ive heard multiple units it means nothing? Do you even know what you wrote? You cant really let this go can you?

Let me repeat it for the billionth time. It was my opinion and how I felt. I never stated it was a fact. You're the one twisting my words and jumping down my throat as if I stated it was a fact.

I didnt realize opinions werent allowed on this board without people attacking you.

No it means absolutely nothing because you haven't heard multiple units you've heard defective vs non defective. And I didn't realise you weren't aloud to post facts without being attacked rolleyes.gif

When someone presents you with the facts and you then go "No you're facts are b/s because of my subjective listening experience" you are stating them as fact. So yes you have stated it as fact. Perhaps you should have a little think about what you wrote.
Edited by yblad - 7/8/13 at 5:31pm
post #2549 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadbythemelody View Post

Hey guys I have a question. Is there a DAC inside of the C&C BH2? Usually when I plug in my headphones through my macbook pro there is this grainy sound I hear through my headphones. I've noticed plugging in my headphones to my BH2 and to my macbook pro made this grainy sound disappear and the music sounds cleaner?

Maybe some bad output circuitry that's getting cleaned up by the coupling capacitors etc. in the BH? Not certain, only thing I can think of. But no, no DAC
post #2550 of 3314

Can't we all just get along.L3000.gif

 

Unless the tolerances are 0% from BH to BH they will sound different.  Unless we know how much those tolerances are how much different is speculative.  I don't doubt for one second that Swy05 heard a difference.  I'm sure that across the spectrum that all of the BH's sound very close, but to say there is no difference I think is naive.   Even with 1% tolerance caps and resistors there could be up to a 3% difference.  I would doubt the caps in the BH are 1% tolerance so the sound difference could potentially be greater.


Edited by Dark Helmet - 7/9/13 at 9:45pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]