Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review] - Page 164

post #2446 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by yblad View Post

My solution for now is just to keep it on high gain. Perfectly clean crisp and noise free so why not. Battery life isn't an issue being paired with two devices with next to non so no real downside. Yes, with my 438s actually, but I'm 90% certain it's a cable issue which only effects mine. It only happens when the ground pin is connected and the cable is on its death bed so I suspect the ground is losing isolation or something.I'm loving it completely. Just had one of the most earth shattering listening sessions I've had in a while. You know when track source amp and phones just all line up perfectly. Considering it's a portable pairing it's mightily impressive. All credit goes to you for this discovery.
My hd439 headphones absolutely suck when it come to fast pace or real deep bass, but while listening to nirvana live unplugged in New York album with the bh it sounds right at home and pleasent
post #2447 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post

My hd439 headphones absolutely suck when it come to fast pace or real deep bass, but while listening to nirvana live unplugged in New York album with the bh it sounds right at home and pleasent

They're very different headphones when it comes to the bass. The 439's were made to push the bass forward but sacrificed the control to do so. The 438 is more subtle, but much better controlled. That was the main reason I chose the 438 over the 439. Outside of the bass though they're broadly the same.
post #2448 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by yblad View Post

They're very different headphones when it comes to the bass. The 439's were made to push the bass forward but sacrificed the control to do so. The 438 is more subtle, but much better controlled. That was the main reason I chose the 438 over the 439. Outside of the bass though they're broadly the same.
I like the 400 series but honestly I think they're very cheap feeling, NOT worth the 100$ price tag

I got my hd439 for 50$ at best buy on sale
post #2449 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post


I like the 400 series but honestly I think they're very cheap feeling, NOT worth the 100$ price tag

I got my hd439 for 50$ at best buy on sale


The feel of the materials isn't great i'll admit, and over the years I've had to repair the bearings due to materials used. But what you do get is sound quailty which punches well above its price tag. Atleast with 438's anyway, can't comment on the others.

post #2450 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by yblad View Post


The feel of the materials isn't great i'll admit, and over the years I've had to repair the bearings due to materials used. But what you do get is sound quailty which punches well above its price tag. Atleast with 438's anyway, can't comment on the others.
they sound very theatrical and also very comfortable, Pink Floyd is great on the hd439
post #2451 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post

they sound very theatrical and also very comfortable, Pink Floyd is great on the hd439

Does it have "Crazy Synergy" with the BH, the HD439's? smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: I just got my new hybrid interconnect for the BH:) they said the longer, the better the interconnect.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Kidding its my headphone cable for my V-Moda's haha

Edited by SkyBleu - 6/24/13 at 8:31am
post #2452 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Does it have "Crazy Synergy" with the BH, the HD439's? smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: I just got my new hybrid interconnect for the BH:) they said the longer, the better the interconnect.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Kidding its my headphone cable for my V-Moda's haha
Yes it does, the bh fixes them
post #2453 of 3314
Well it finally came in, no impressions will let it settle in first. I'm kind of upset that the BH2 didn't come with the rubber straps.
post #2454 of 3314
Get some low profile dual lock mate, rubber bands are gonna be history soon.
post #2455 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post

Get some low profile dual lock mate, rubber bands are gonna be history soon.
That's the way to do it man
post #2456 of 3314
I don't like the dual lock stuff. I still prefer bands
post #2457 of 3314
Bummer TekeRugburn, I just received my BH2 last week and it did come with two rubber bands, a nice carry bag, and a cheapie interconnect. I didn't think too much of them given the carry bag until I received my Colorfly c3 today and see that they fit the need perfectly. I ordered mine thru eBay in what appeared to be a direct purchase from the manufacturer. You might want to contact the manufacturer if you ordered yours the same way.
post #2458 of 3314
I ordered mine through polychen via ebay
post #2459 of 3314
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post


Does it have "Crazy Synergy" with the BH, the HD439's? smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: I just got my new hybrid interconnect for the BH:) they said the longer, the better the interconnect.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Kidding its my headphone cable for my V-Moda's haha

 

LOL :-D

post #2460 of 3314
That's odd Teke, ordered mine from Poly as well and got everything!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]