Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review] - Page 124

post #1846 of 3303

Yeah, BH isn't bright - its presentation is a bit cold but nothing like being bright or boosting the treble aside from the very top, which adds a hair more air (yeah I'm good with the rhymes) with the LF switch. As far as burn-in - the BH is a lot smoother now as most of the dryness disappeared. It is smoother on low gain though. High gain gives a bit tighter sound but it's also more aggressive, which may sound to most people better and more impressive if their headphones have a smoother presentation but headphones that already are aggressive can get a little too edgy and tiring. I do go with low gain most of the time.

post #1847 of 3303

kova, you have pretty much hit the nail o the head, yes IEM dependent. My MTPC`s which I find as an almost "Industrial", clinical sounding at times IEM do not sound great with the amp.

My W4 iems love it. It may be down to the quality of drivers used, whether it is BA or dynamic.

 

Could you imagine if everybody heard everything the same? Hello Head-Fi, hello 1 thread.

post #1848 of 3303
Kova, Synth, pretty much agree on your findings. Synth, yes, quality of drivers does matter IMHO too. Also i sometimes toy with out1 which is more neutral and analytical sounding but for rich and joyful sound one must use out2. And high gain works well for me only on out2 while i also sometimes choose more relaxed presentation with high gain put off. Another finding i made is that i prefer my TF10 with BH when high gain is off while EB50 sings better with HG on. In my book BH loves balanced armatures better as is C3.
Edited by Gintaras - 4/30/13 at 12:36pm
post #1849 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinth View Post

kova, you have pretty much hit the nail o the head, yes IEM dependent. My MTPC`s which I find as an almost "Industrial", clinical sounding at times IEM do not sound great with the amp.

My W4 iems love it. It may be down to the quality of drivers used, whether it is BA or dynamic.

 

Could you imagine if everybody heard everything the same? Hello Head-Fi, hello 1 thread.

 

I found my Monster Turbine Pro Golds to be a little veiled up top and the BH really does a nice job with the highs on them.

post #1850 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocoolhifi View Post

 

I found my Monster Turbine Pro Golds to be a little veiled up top and the BH really does a nice job with the highs on them.

 

They sound more fun/warm than the coppers then. If I had to be honest I would say the MTPC are better on the highs (less sibilant and harsh) but lesser on the lows than the Denon C751`s. That was soo nearly the perfect fun iem.

post #1851 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinth View Post

 

They sound more fun/warm than the coppers then. If I had to be honest I would say the MTPC are better on the highs (less sibilant and harsh) but lesser on the lows than the Denon C751`s. That was soo nearly the perfect fun iem.

The low end on the Golds is fantastic but yes a little on the warm side and I like a little more crispness on top. They are a good match with the BH.

post #1852 of 3303

I just bought one of these to pair up with some SE535s. Passed up a JBS C421. I was on the fence about getting this but I don't think there's really anything else out there in this price point. Always disappointed with FIIO and Nuforce stuff. Really want a pico slim but budget won't allow it for a while. We'll see how much I like this.

post #1853 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by fetalgoat View Post

I just bought one of these to pair up with some SE535s. Passed up a JBS C421. I was on the fence about getting this but I don't think there's really anything else out there in this price point. Always disappointed with FIIO and Nuforce stuff. Really want a pico slim but budget won't allow it for a while. We'll see how much I like this.


I've used this with the 535s, I think they pair quite well together.

Pardon me for being unable to describe the lows/mids/highs (not really good at this stuff) but the soundstage does seem to increase with the SF switch on.
I switch on LF too. Works for the bass.

 

I know many people say the 535s aren't good for metal, but I listen to quite a lot of metal, and it works pretty well with the C&C BH.

Not sure whether other configurations are better (I haven't owned many earphones) but just my 0.02
 

Oh and I use output 2 because output 1 seems louder, and I'm quite afraid I will go deaf if I turn the volume pot by accident.
I'm using a 7th gen iPod Classic, rockboxed, with an Audiominor copper LOD!

post #1854 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnzorzz View Post


I've used this with the 535s, I think they pair quite well together.

Pardon me for being unable to describe the lows/mids/highs (not really good at this stuff) but the soundstage does seem to increase with the SF switch on.
I switch on LF too. Works for the bass.

 

I know many people say the 535s aren't good for metal, but I listen to quite a lot of metal, and it works pretty well with the C&C BH.

Not sure whether other configurations are better (I haven't owned many earphones) but just my 0.02
 

Oh and I use output 2 because output 1 seems louder, and I'm quite afraid I will go deaf if I turn the volume pot by accident.
I'm using a 7th gen iPod Classic, rockboxed, with an Audiominor copper LOD!

I think with that configuration, the 535s would sound best on Output 2. I've got a SPC LOD and the 535s seemed pretty muddy to me on Out 1, even with the switches on. I would think that signature would be worse using pure copper.

post #1855 of 3303
Thread Starter 
post #1856 of 3303

^ Lol - Awesome!

post #1857 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

 

It's been weeks since I charged mine also. Almost a month actually. I sometimes forget that this amp has a battery. I've been curious, how is it possible that the BH amp is able to do this? Most other similar amps get a max of 10-12 hours. The Headstage gets about up to 30-40 hours I think? What kind of freak battery does the BH have?
post #1858 of 3303

I've got the BK and first report back to you guys is it sounds very similar to my C421..................which is a good thing and the bass switch helps things along.  Have not listened to it much yet so I have no idea if I'll get 4 weeks out of my charge...............biggrin.gif
 

post #1859 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swy05 View Post

 

It's been weeks since I charged mine also. Almost a month actually. I sometimes forget that this amp has a battery.I've been curious, how is it possible that the BH amp is able to do this? Most other similar amps get a max of 10-12 hours. The Headstage gets about up to 30-40 hours I think?What kind of freak battery does the BH have?

It's probably very power efficient. Fiio E7 has smaller battery than E17, but since it's power efficient, it last about 50 hours from single charge.

post #1860 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

It's probably very power efficient. Fiio E7 has smaller battery than E17, but since it's power efficient, it last about 50 hours from single charge.

 

E7 actually runs over 100 hours on single charge - but it is not because it is power efficient. It is because it doesn't have a lot of output power or as many features (which all need to be powered regardless whether you use them or not). If an amp doesn't output a lot of power, then naturally it doesn't consume a lot of power, as simple as that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]