Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review] - Page 121

post #1801 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Tin foil Kitty does not look impressed. To much EMI absorption I'm guessing.

Yeah. I think must be one of grumpy cat's relatives. Cats with attitude. Love this picture:



Imagine what expression he would have on his face with tin foil on his head biggrin.gif
post #1802 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

 

no noise whatsoever... am i dumb or do i need an audiologist? not at least with my C3 that i could hear anything except for music :-D

 

btw, i never ever thought about using a phone as DAP... weird when someone craves for sound quality and then uses phone to play music. may be i do not understand something about high end music playback?

My Note 2 sounded great with the Apex Glacier, so I wouldn't dismiss it as a DAP.  However, The Glacier does afford you the ability to bypass the onboard DAC on the Note 2.  I liked it as a source.  It just got to be too much, with trying to use it as a phone, and a dedicated source. 

post #1803 of 3303

Helmet, have not heard Apex but fully trust you. in the end Apex price suggest this must be good enough :-) http://www.ttvjaudio.com/Apex_High_Fi_Audio_Glacier_portable_headphone_amp_p/aaa0000010.htm

post #1804 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Yeah, dual lock is great. I have everywhere.  Clip zip + BH dual locked makes for a constant companion. I even have dual lock on the back of my tablet case and often have the BH attached to it lol.

Sorry for the ignorance, but what is this "dual lock" I read people talking about?
post #1805 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfan View Post

Sorry for the ignorance, but what is this "dual lock" I read people talking about?

 

Glorified velcro. But it works well.

post #1806 of 3303
Velcro I think not. If you connect 2 surfaces properly it can take maybe 50 pounds of force to remove, and I'm only using the low profile type
post #1807 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post

Velcro I think not. If you connect 2 surfaces properly it can take maybe 50 pounds of force to remove, and I'm only using the low profile type

Yup, it's amazing. Glorified? Nay. Just make sure to get low-profile with rubber adhesive instead of acrylic.
post #1808 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post

Velcro I think not. If you connect 2 surfaces properly it can take maybe 50 pounds of force to remove, and I'm only using the low profile type

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

Yup, it's amazing. Glorified? Nay. Just make sure to get low-profile with rubber adhesive instead of acrylic.

 

Yeah, I was just being lazy and trying to get the general concept quickly across.

 

As far as rubber adhesive instead of acrylic, I'm not sure what I have - better check that out! Thanks.

post #1809 of 3303

Ok folks, something very strange just happened with my C&C BH. It gave out an odd dying sound, and the music stopped flowing to my ears. I was stunned for a moment - what's going on? Then it dawned on me... the initial charge from when I got it 2 weeks ago was finally done. Shocking but true! I've been using it to various degrees for each of those 14 days, and sometimes even leaving it on overnight. That my friends is simply awesome.

 

Synergy wise, I am loving the following:

 

1) Laptop, ELE DAC, C&C BH, ATH WS99's. Awesome. Love the effect of the SF=ON switch with the WS99's.

 

2) Laptop, ELE DAC, C&C BH, ATH CKS1000's. Awesome.

 

3) Sansa Clip ZIp, C&C BH, either WS99's or CKS1000's. Awesome.

 

My ATH AD900X's prefer the E12 (v1). But as you can see above, the C&C BH is getting plenty of love from me (even if I do have to charge it every 2 weeks lol!).

post #1810 of 3303

Can you use BH original Charger in Canada or you have to buy an universal usb adapter to charge your amp? confused.gif

post #1811 of 3303

Input

110 to 240  

50/60 hz

 

Output

5.0v = 500ma

 

should be fine :)

 

but I am using a nice dual usb 2000ma one that came free with my C3 as a bonus.bigsmile_face.gif


Edited by nick n - 4/25/13 at 9:13pm
post #1812 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post

Input

110 to 240  

50/60 hz

 

Output

5.0v = 500ma

 

should be fine :)

 

but I am using a nice dual usb 2000ma one that came free with my C3 as a bonus.bigsmile_face.gif

 

Yeah, I'm using my galaxy tab2 5V,2A usb charger also.

 

Hey, you got your C&C! Cool.

post #1813 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Ok folks, something very strange just happened with my C&C BH. It gave out an odd dying sound, and the music stopped flowing to my ears. I was stunned for a moment - what's going on? Then it dawned on me... the initial charge from when I got it 2 weeks ago was finally done. Shocking but true! I've been using it to various degrees for each of those 14 days, and sometimes even leaving it on overnight. That my friends is simply awesome.

 

Synergy wise, I am loving the following:

 

1) Laptop, ELE DAC, C&C BH, ATH WS99's. Awesome. Love the effect of the SF=ON switch with the WS99's.

 

2) Laptop, ELE DAC, C&C BH, ATH CKS1000's. Awesome.

 

3) Sansa Clip ZIp, C&C BH, either WS99's or CKS1000's. Awesome.

 

My ATH AD900X's prefer the E12 (v1). But as you can see above, the C&C BH is getting plenty of love from me (even if I do have to charge it every 2 weeks lol!).


I managed to use it for almost a month!!! beerchug.gif

post #1814 of 3303

I did a slight boo boo. I accidentally left the power on when I recharged the C&C (using 5V, 2A usb wall charger) for the first time. I left it over night, so for at least 14 hours.

 

This morning I noticed that it was still turned on. I figured that it should be fully charged, but to be safe I unplugged the charger, turned it off, plugged back in the charger. I expected the light to become "dimmed or extinguished" right away, but the light is red and has stayed red for the last 3 hours.

 

Not sure what's gong on.

 

Quote:
Charge:

Random power into the power outlet and the other end miniUSB plug into the amp 5V power jack, and can be automatically charged. Charging, P / C-color indicator light turns red, fast full when the lights dimmed or extinguished, full automatically stop charging. Air power, or been shelved indefinitely, need to charge more than 10 hours to full charge about 4-8 hours in normal use. Amp internal regulator, charge control circuit will not overcharge, over-discharge, and to ensure that the battery life. Amp can be a number of days to plug power. Batteries are nearly exhausted, P / C light to dark, to extinguish prompted the charge to try to charge ahead, to avoid battery exhaustion forget to recharge.
If the amp is not being used for a long period, should be fully charged kept in a cool, dry place, and every 3-6 months once again full of empty electrical storage may damage the battery.
post #1815 of 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Mine is usually charged in around 2.5 hours. The red light should go out.

Here's some information about charging.
If the red light has not gone out after 12 hours I would be disconnecting your unit. Be sure to use the provided charger as well.
Yes, it will charge faster using the wall charger rather than USB port from computer. My wall charger is 5V 500mA.

9V charger does not sound correct.

 

Just found the above. So, as an added precaution, I switched to the provided charger as well. Hopefully that darned light goes out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]