Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review] - Page 73

post #1081 of 3289
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

I though so cool.gif

I just don't see any need to protect the BH, there's to many members, to many Kova confirming how they hear it compared to E11, and how they hear it as an amp overall. it's just riddled through the thread from members who changed over. Out of 73 pages you're the only one and I mean ONLY one who wasn't impressed straight away and the only one who says E11 is even comparable. I've given similar PM msgs to others and look what those people thought. redface.gif

This isn't about me mate or shooting down my opinion but every other member in the thread, I've seen over 70 amps sold by Pollychen alone in the last 1.5 months based not only on my opinion but every other member who posted an impression in this thread and continually they're all impressed. I'm sorry to say you're the minority and it would take a lot more than one members impression to sway that or shoot the amp down with it's current populairty.

As a friend I do hope you settle in, but again, I'm sorry it wasn't for you.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 2/25/13 at 5:29pm
post #1082 of 3289

Well, this is head-fi - there are always a bunch of people who never heard Fiio and just blindly quote other member who also didn't hear Fiio but state the BH is better. You know that - you were the one reading reviews on the C3 and thinking it's weak and not good ebough for GR07 or whatever - - you know the power of hype and online reviews. Again I say that the BH is a good amp just not that 2 times better the E11, "the future is the future" wink_face.gif amp. It's just a different amp than the E11 but still  personal preference plays a huge part  despite all the fans. It's like when I was from the people that said that the Samsung Galaxy S destroys all apple  products - of course some people won't agree. The number of sold units has nothing to do with anything. Btw, the BH's real power shows up only when you go with high gain, the E11 on low gain has more power the low gain on BH


Edited by kova4a - 2/25/13 at 5:40pm
post #1083 of 3289
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Well, this is head-fi - there are always a bunch of people who never heard Fiio and just blindly quote other member who also didn't hear Fiio but state the BH is better. You know that - you were the one reading reviews on the C3 and thinking it's weak and not good ebough for GR07 or whatever - - you know the power of hype and online reviews. Again I say that the BH is a good amp just not that 2 times better the E11, "the future is the future" wink_face.gif
 amp. It's just a different amp than the E11 but still  personal preference plays a huge part  despite all the fans. It's like when I was from the people that said that the Samsung Galaxy S destroys all apple  products - of course some people won't agree. The number of sold units has nothing to do with anything. Btw, the BH's real power shows up only when you go with high gain, the E11 on low gain has more power the low gain on BH

The number of amps sold actually does play role in this, because they open huge windows for either negative or positive opinions to flow in the thread. What this comes down to is.. I wrote the review then mentioned several times through out the thread "it was mostly created for members", in time they will answer for the amp, that's how the thread reached 73 pages, from their opinions being positive, not just mine as a single member. I tried the amp, saw it's potential then offered that to the community because that's where the truth always lies, in the majority of everyday users.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 2/25/13 at 6:25pm
post #1084 of 3289

And as an everyday user I'm not saying it sucks - only that it's good but not end game. The BH is a great amp still. The number of the pages has nothing to do with it. It's like with the sony mh1 - the thread is like 130 pages and I still think the vsonic Gr04 flagship is better even though it doesn't have its own thread

post #1085 of 3289
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

And as an everyday user I'm not saying it sucks - only that it's good but not end game. The BH is a great amp still. The number of the pages has nothing to do with it. It's like with the sony mh1 - the thread is like 130 pages and I still think the vsonic Gr04 flagship is better even though it doesn't have its own thread

Well my opinion on MH1C also sways towards yours, I wasn't overly impressed. But no, pages do matter Kova just like the sales number does in a similar fashion. The sale figures open up windows for positive or negative opinions, and those impressions are reflected in the pages, it all contributes, that's what I'm getting at. If the amp was not worthy to a majority this thread would of been dead a long time ago. Some would of tried it said it sux and that would of been that probably back on page 3 - 5.

As you said you like it, but it just wasn't what you were expecting in a whole straight away. smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by H20Fidelity - 2/25/13 at 7:49pm
post #1086 of 3289

Again - the BH doesn't suck and I would pick it over the E11 and cmoyBB even just for the battery life and playing while charging. It's definitely a worthy purchase but just a tad overhyped. Yeah, the BH has its strong sides but I wouldn't call it the quality master of transparancy

post #1087 of 3289
Alright people, move along. Nothing to see here.

To change the topic momentarily,
1. I'd like to know how the owners of the BH like it paired with a Clip+ compared to the C3.

2. Just curious what hps and items you guys are all rocking with your BH?

2.1. Which ones pair well for you and which don't.

Just looking for general opinions, nothing serious. Curious is all.
post #1088 of 3289
It's all just info people and there may be some that do not like the BH or even prefer an E11 (that of course is not me, I love the BH as well as my headstage arrow). IEMs, sound preference and even ears can hear stuff differently. Now on a less serious note, I think this quote says it all, "one of us is right and the other one is you". Back onto my BH with all switches turned up to 11 and my X10s.
post #1089 of 3289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

Alright people, move along. Nothing to see here.

To change the topic momentarily,
1. I'd like to know how the owners of the BH like it paired with a Clip+ compared to the C3.

2. Just curious what hps and items you guys are all rocking with your BH?

2.1. Which ones pair well for you and which don't.

Just looking for general opinions, nothing serious. Curious is all.

 

1. Don't have the Clip, nor C3, but it does a pretty fantastic job paired with my iPod Touch G3

 

2. At the moment, using my CKM500s with the BH, with great results. drives these sensitive IEMs pretty heftily. The bass can be felt, rather than heard (13mm driver ftw) and has nice air in the high end. I found the trble roll off a little too sudden on the CKM500s, but the BH's airyness kinda balances that out.

M-100s are really fun with the BH. The detail and soundstage, two things the M-100 prides itself on, are another level above stock M-100, and the fact that out1 has a bit better midrange presentation, gives you options for going Super V (LF ON, OUT2, SF ON) to a more balanced sound (LF OFF, OUT1, SF ON), and whatever combination inbetween.

 

2.1 The thing with the BH and 'pairing' is that it can take whatever headphone you throw at it, and it's up to you to subjectively decide which output to use, and combination of switches will suit the song, mood, or headphones you're using. I'm certain there's a combinaion which the BH takes and just doesn't deal with well at all, but what I can say is, it's uber customizable to taste and/or individual headphones signatures.

post #1090 of 3289

I just got my LOD (this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281053419415?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) and I'm listening to my iPhone 4 with the stock music player app and the BH.  And my FXZ100's.  And wow, they sound really amazing.  The LOD + iPhone 4 sounds MUCH better than my clip+ and OFC cable.  Like, majorly better.  They really make the FXZ100's sound another level of amazing.  I'm very impressed

post #1091 of 3289

Kova, mate, you want to know if BH is hyped or not? i see you do not believe i heard your E11 before i went for BH? COOL....

 

Lets make it this way. I am ready to buy and try E12. after all 130$ is what i sometimes spent on gasoline over the weekend. So I can buy and try E12 vs. BH. BUT, i have one condition for you. IF and only IF E12 will sound worse than BH you will have to buy it from me for the original price plus shipping fees. We can find a third person who will be neutral and listening to E12 vs. BH too. For that matter I can send E12 after I try it to that person. Just remember to keep 130$ ready pal.

 

let me know deal or no deal? tongue_smile.gif

 

 

 

Quote:

Again - the BH doesn't suck and I would pick it over the E11 and cmoyBB even just for the battery life and playing while charging. It's definitely a worthy purchase but just a tad overhyped. Yeah, the BH has its strong sides but I wouldn't call it the quality master of transparancy

 

here we agree because NO PORTABLE audio is ...


Edited by Gintaras - 2/26/13 at 12:06am
post #1092 of 3289

My LOD arrived this morning (http://www.ebay.com/itm/281053419415?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) and seems very well made and sturdy. Now just have to wait for the amp to arrive. I probably shouldn't be reading reviews of the ALO the National right now....

post #1093 of 3289

Magicfingers, so soon you will be able to tell your experience with BH. I believe you will enjoy this little baby L3000.gif

 

btw, where is Kova? i want to know if i must order E12 for testing on conditions i laid in my prior post? i can stand 130$ if Kova agrees to buy this from me for original price plus all postal charges for sending and re-sending in case I find BH superior to E12. To be fair i suggested we can pick a third person for trial listen and I will gladly re-send E12 before we conclude on musical virtues of this Fiio wonder. I guess this can be interesting contest and we with Kova will put our cash to where our mouth is. Otherwise discussing BH vs. Fiio is pointless wink_face.gif

post #1094 of 3289

Gonna be hard to find a third person. I say this because so far Kova is really the only person that has been outspoken for CONS of the BH. Since you would need someone that already has a BH that you can ship the E12 to, its likely that they already enjoy the BH. I suppose you could ship both of them to a third party. M

 

Perhaps it would be for the best to ship it to someone that already likes their BH; If they find the E12 superior, then I suppose you'd have your answer.

***Not that it's actually going to happen, but speculation can be fun. 

post #1095 of 3289

I had some work to do and had to go to the customs again. I did give the clerk the paypal transaction detail, which he didn't check but accepted, so I hope I'm done with that and won't get any unpleasant phone calls to go there again as the BH has already cost me like 160 bucks. It's safe to say I won't be using DHL and the likes soon as this never happens with standard USPS mail. As far as the E12 I have discarded it as it's too big for me for portable use and while I considered getting it for a while I decided to pass on it. I might get a C5 down the road but I don't really need a portable amp that much let a lone a bunch of them. Right now I think I'll wait for the Fiio X3 and see how its amp section holds on its own and how the E11 and BH will pair with it through the line-out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]