Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › These Have to be Fake...Right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

These Have to be Fake...Right?

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 

The price and location screams fake to me...

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Band-new-OEM-SONY-MDR-7506HD-Professional-Studio-Headphone-in-box-/200873997990?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2ec505f6a6

 

Am I right, or passing up a deal?

post #2 of 22

Yes probably, though ebay is known for cheap prices more than 50% the retail price seems fake..


Edited by Mheat122134 - 1/3/13 at 9:02pm
post #3 of 22

if you see the letters or words "OEM", "CLASS A" on listings like that, specially on headphones, it should be fake =)

 

why would sony OEM another sony product? haha

post #4 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post

if you see the letters or words "OEM", "CLASS A" on listings like that, specially on headphones, it should be fake =)

 

why would sony OEM another sony product? haha

That... And the fact that the item is located in China... Just saying, most likely fake.

post #5 of 22

They aren't even too expensive to begin with IMO. If you want em spring for the real deal. I tried to cheap out with Sennheiser IE8's once and spent way too much time getting my money back and lost $40 shipping them back to the UK from Canada. After the whole ordeal I just ordered a real pair from NCIX and called it a day. 

post #6 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post

if you see the letters or words "OEM", "CLASS A" on listings like that, specially on headphones, it should be fake =)

 

why would sony OEM another sony product? haha

What does OEM mean?

post #7 of 22
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer = manufacturer that makes official product for a brand to be sold under that brand's brand name.
post #8 of 22
And it should be noted that Sony makes those headphones in Thailand (as far as I know, all modern Sony headphones are made in Thailand - a few of the older hi-fi models were made in Japan, but I think that officially ended with the MDR-SA5000), not China, so they can't be "OEM" by some non-existant third-party in another country (e.g. they're fake). Oh yeah, should also mention that Sony products are still one of the most heavily ripped off things ever - despite not being all that popular these days; you couldn't GIVE me Sony products purchased off of Ebay, Craigslist, etc - 10 times out of 9 they're gonna be no good.

For the $50 they want for those, you can spend a few dollars more, and buy the real deal from an authorized Sony reseller (Amazon):
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V6-Monitor-Series-Headphones/dp/B00001WRSJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357292308&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+mdr-v6

Really, just spend the extra $17.
Edited by obobskivich - 1/4/13 at 1:41am
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer = manufacturer that makes official product for a brand to be sold under that brand's brand name.

I see, thanks.

post #10 of 22
What's a mcnuggets pie? Sounds decadent!
post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

What's a mcnuggets pie? Sounds decadent!

It's simply a pie filled with McNuggets! It sure is brilliant! :D

post #12 of 22
Go to McDs buy apple pie and mcnuggets, empty pie filling, stuff in the mcnuggets, then enjoy! Damn you know how to live right!!!!!!!
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

Go to McDs buy apple pie and mcnuggets, empty pie filling, stuff in the mcnuggets, then enjoy! Damn you know how to live right!!!!!!!

Yes I sure do! :D I eat 10 of these everyday!

post #14 of 22
Thread Starter 

Sweet mother of God my stomach is cramping at the thought...and not in delighted anticipation.
 

post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

And it should be noted that Sony makes those headphones in Thailand (as far as I know, all modern Sony headphones are made in Thailand - a few of the older hi-fi models were made in Japan, but I think that officially ended with the MDR-SA5000), not China, so they can't be "OEM" by some non-existant third-party in another country (e.g. they're fake). Oh yeah, should also mention that Sony products are still one of the most heavily ripped off things ever - despite not being all that popular these days; you couldn't GIVE me Sony products purchased off of Ebay, Craigslist, etc - 10 times out of 9 they're gonna be no good.
For the $50 they want for those, you can spend a few dollars more, and buy the real deal from an authorized Sony reseller (Amazon):
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V6-Monitor-Series-Headphones/dp/B00001WRSJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357292308&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+mdr-v6
Really, just spend the extra $17.

 

The one on Amazon is the MDR-V6...is that the same as the MDR-7506? The descriptions don't seem to match. Anyway...going to pass. It seems a tad too good to be true based on the "made in China vs made in Thailand" hypothesis :).

 

*Edit* Just saw this thread...never mind :)

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/569481/sony-mdr-7506/45


Edited by fleasbaby - 1/4/13 at 7:44am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › These Have to be Fake...Right?