That one has only one 50mm driver.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 1/3/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 1/3/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 1/3/13
- productBeyerdynamic MMX 300 PC Gaming Premium Digital Headset with Microphonetagged by System, 1/3/13
- productSennheiser PC 360 Headset for Pro Gamingtagged by System, 1/3/13
- productTakstar 2050tagged by System, 1/3/13
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 1/3/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser hd 598 upgrade Last post on 10/17/12 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro or sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 8/17/12 at 12:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bassy Gaming Headphones and for music Last post on 9/2/13 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a headset matching my description. Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphones/headset - $300-400 price range! Last post on 10/21/13 at 12:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 11/29/13
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
Looking for headset for games (mostly) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 581/12/13 at 4:03pmThread Starter
I got my Headphones, I bought Lindy Premium Hi-Fi (Goes by many names), And they are pretty good...Since I'm not good with terms or anything, neither can I tell what is missing or what is wrong, but that there is something about them missing or being wrong ^^ ...but other than that Great headphones one thing that I can tell is that the Bass is sometimes bit too much on some music, But for games it works out great! I can pretty much tell where everyone is as long as my friend isn't talking... ^^ Also these do sound better than my speakers (Microlab Solo7c), well more or less it is more fun when the room is shaking instead of your brains... ^^ Also there is a odd thing going on, when I turn the amp volume down for the headphones right ear goes more silent then the left one, Why is that? Turn it up one step more and they both equal...post #48 of 584/26/13 at 7:53pmI recently bought the asus sonar essence stx and a pair of sennheiser 360's. it is an awesome combo as the headset is open the natural sound and great soundstage is a big plus. Coming from a g35 logitec which I thought was ok to a pc360 I never realised how bad the g35 actually was. There's lots of different options in the stx to change so whether I'm gaming, watching movies or listening to movies every sound is fresh and crisp. I will never buy a logitec or surround headset again. Once you get a decent soundcard and a reasonable set of cans you will never go back just my two cents worth. Yes it did cost a bit buying the headset and soundcard but it is worth every dollar.post #49 of 584/29/13 at 9:03ampost #50 of 584/29/13 at 10:57amIf you ever want to game while someone else is present (GF watching TV, LAN party, etc) then go with the Beyer. Get the 600 Ohm version.
It is a really great headset, and you can listen to music with it as well. It spoiled me. I can't listen to cheaper headphones anymore. Sorry for your wallet.
edit: Never mindpost #51 of 584/29/13 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by squallkiercosa
Get yourself this one.
For the record, this is correct.
Those "headphones" with many speakers... suck. You only have one ear, and since the headphone is ON your ear, spatial cues you can normally use to locate sound won't work. You are taking your body, head and ear shapes out of the equation. It's just a marketing gimmik that works. Go practice aiming instead.post #52 of 584/30/13 at 12:08ampost #53 of 584/30/13 at 12:39ampost #54 of 584/30/13 at 8:40pmpost #55 of 584/30/13 at 11:43pmpost #56 of 585/2/13 at 3:37pmUnfortunately the mmx300 only comes in two variations 32ohm and 600ohm no 250ohm version. Love the open headsets vocal music is fantastic to listen two the clarity is phenomenal. Just want to get a good closed set to compare different style headsets. Maybe I'm better off buying a headset and mic seperate. As its not too late to change the order.
Edited by foreign - 5/2/13 at 3:38pmpost #57 of 585/2/13 at 4:00pmjust came from a mates place who has similar setup with 600 ohm and a stx and it sounds awesome. No doubt a higher end amp might give a slight improvement over the stx but wow it does a fantastic job. Looks like the 600ohm mmx300 is the go for me.post #58 of 585/23/13 at 4:09pmChanged my mind on the mmx300 going for dt880 semi open/closed headset. Couldn't justify the expense of the mmx300 in Australia $400. The dt880 and standalone mic would probably sound better and also a cheaper option. I reAlly have come to like the soundstage that an open headset brings. Hopefully the dt880s have a nice balance, sense of space and airiness and detailed bass. I have heard some say the treble can be a bit fatiguing on the beyers but guess this is subjective to the listener.
- Looking for headset for games (mostly)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)
- › what do I need to know about teeth whitening? 18 seconds ago
- › iPhone 4s for your headphones (interest check) 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › HOW TO REPAIR YOUR DENON D-2000, D-5000, and D-7000 HEADPHONES - If... 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Bottlehead Crack amplifier Special Edition Factory Build Custom... 3 minutes ago
- › 2013 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Singapore Head-Fi Meet 8th December 2013 [Pictures] 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi