That one has only one 50mm driver.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 1/3/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 1/3/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 1/3/13
- productBeyerdynamic MMX 300 PC Gaming Premium Digital Headset with Microphonetagged by System, 1/3/13
- productSennheiser PC 360 Headset for Pro Gamingtagged by System, 1/3/13
- productTakstar 2050tagged by System, 1/3/13
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 1/3/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser hd 598 upgrade Last post on 10/17/12 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro or sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 8/17/12 at 12:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bassy Gaming Headphones and for music Last post on 9/2/13 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a headset matching my description. Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphones/headset - $300-400 price range! Last post on 10/21/13 at 12:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 12/13/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
Looking for headset for games (mostly) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 581/12/13 at 4:03pmThread Starter
I got my Headphones, I bought Lindy Premium Hi-Fi (Goes by many names), And they are pretty good...Since I'm not good with terms or anything, neither can I tell what is missing or what is wrong, but that there is something about them missing or being wrong ^^ ...but other than that Great headphones one thing that I can tell is that the Bass is sometimes bit too much on some music, But for games it works out great! I can pretty much tell where everyone is as long as my friend isn't talking... ^^ Also these do sound better than my speakers (Microlab Solo7c), well more or less it is more fun when the room is shaking instead of your brains... ^^ Also there is a odd thing going on, when I turn the amp volume down for the headphones right ear goes more silent then the left one, Why is that? Turn it up one step more and they both equal...post #48 of 584/26/13 at 7:53pmI recently bought the asus sonar essence stx and a pair of sennheiser 360's. it is an awesome combo as the headset is open the natural sound and great soundstage is a big plus. Coming from a g35 logitec which I thought was ok to a pc360 I never realised how bad the g35 actually was. There's lots of different options in the stx to change so whether I'm gaming, watching movies or listening to movies every sound is fresh and crisp. I will never buy a logitec or surround headset again. Once you get a decent soundcard and a reasonable set of cans you will never go back just my two cents worth. Yes it did cost a bit buying the headset and soundcard but it is worth every dollar.post #49 of 584/29/13 at 9:03ampost #50 of 584/29/13 at 10:57amIf you ever want to game while someone else is present (GF watching TV, LAN party, etc) then go with the Beyer. Get the 600 Ohm version.
It is a really great headset, and you can listen to music with it as well. It spoiled me. I can't listen to cheaper headphones anymore. Sorry for your wallet.
edit: Never mindpost #51 of 584/29/13 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by squallkiercosa
Get yourself this one.
For the record, this is correct.
Those "headphones" with many speakers... suck. You only have one ear, and since the headphone is ON your ear, spatial cues you can normally use to locate sound won't work. You are taking your body, head and ear shapes out of the equation. It's just a marketing gimmik that works. Go practice aiming instead.post #52 of 584/30/13 at 12:08ampost #53 of 584/30/13 at 12:39ampost #54 of 584/30/13 at 8:40pmpost #55 of 584/30/13 at 11:43pmpost #56 of 585/2/13 at 3:37pmUnfortunately the mmx300 only comes in two variations 32ohm and 600ohm no 250ohm version. Love the open headsets vocal music is fantastic to listen two the clarity is phenomenal. Just want to get a good closed set to compare different style headsets. Maybe I'm better off buying a headset and mic seperate. As its not too late to change the order.
Edited by foreign - 5/2/13 at 3:38pmpost #57 of 585/2/13 at 4:00pmjust came from a mates place who has similar setup with 600 ohm and a stx and it sounds awesome. No doubt a higher end amp might give a slight improvement over the stx but wow it does a fantastic job. Looks like the 600ohm mmx300 is the go for me.post #58 of 585/23/13 at 4:09pmChanged my mind on the mmx300 going for dt880 semi open/closed headset. Couldn't justify the expense of the mmx300 in Australia $400. The dt880 and standalone mic would probably sound better and also a cheaper option. I reAlly have come to like the soundstage that an open headset brings. Hopefully the dt880s have a nice balance, sense of space and airiness and detailed bass. I have heard some say the treble can be a bit fatiguing on the beyers but guess this is subjective to the listener.
- Looking for headset for games (mostly)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 23 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Dilemma: Audeze LCD-X VS LCD-XC 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › How can i use Fiio e17 with iphone 5? 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › First over the ear headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › iFi iDAC DAC / headphone Amplifier by Faber65
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob